3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AMD and new CPUS/GPUS realy bad with illustrator

New CPUS/GPUS realy bad performance with illustrator.

Hello Adobe, i recently bought new computers for our company becouse people were complaining about Illustrator beeing slow.

These are the new computers:
    -AMD 3900x + RTX 2080 + 64GB 3600Mhz ram + win10 1903
    -AMD 3700x + 5700XT + 32GB 3200Mhz ram + win10 1903

After trying out Illustrator on these systems i thought to myself.......why do we even use Illustrator?

How come a 3000 euro computer runs slow with overprint ON with simple squares drawn on the art board???

I want Adobe to explain to me why a I7 6700 with…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pixel preview incredibly slow

Working in pixel preview mode is painfully slow – even on small, simple files.

It makes no difference whether GPU mode is on or off.

2015 Macbook Pro 15" retina

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. persistent selection and precision issues...and Adobe doesn't seem to give a f*ck

I used to love Illustrator, now, I HATE it. Since the switch to CC, it's been problematic and buggy and nothing ever seems to get fixed. In fact, the entire program has gotten worse over time and it's obvious that Adobe doesn't give a **** about their customers.

The overall lack of precision and the issues with the selection tools are driving me insane. I have to repeat movements numerous times and/or have to zoom in hundreds or thousands of percent to do complete the simplest of tasks...like scaling or adjusting width/height. Illustrator rotates the shape instead, or randomly switches…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object

MAC OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
    Processor 3.2Ghz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8GB
    Graphics AMD Redeon R9 M380 2048MB

Illustrator is CC 2019 23.0.1

When trying to work on an image, my colleague is constantly getting the above message and the application hangs.
    Could you advise if there is a fix for this?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. cursor lag cc2019

Heavy cursor lag on arrow tools in cc2019. Tracking speed matches fine system wide, but is slowed / delayed in Ai.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. lastest update crashes CONSTANTLY

Just updated to version 23.0 via CC panel and Illustrator won't run more than 2 minutes at a time without crashing. I can't keep it open long enough to determine if there's a specific trend or problem. Selecting any tool from any palette, or trying to move an object on the art board, or while typing... just locks up no matter what I do. VERY FRUSTRATING.

For what it's worth, I'm on Windows 10 with 32 gb of RAM running 64 bit version of Illustrator. Never crashed before the update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. saving ai/pdf file is too slow

Saving ai or pdf file takes a lot longer than what it supposed to be. This is newly purcahse mackbook pro that I am using and its performance is great with photoshop and other adobe apps. I even untick 'pdf compatible' setting but it won't change a thing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Window tabs in illustrator glitch can't navigate

I've lost the ability to navigate and manage my tabs in illustrator on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Multiple restarts of my computer have not solved this, please fix this super frustrating glitch!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AI 2018 slow, unresponsive - unusable - Downgrade to 2017 instructions please

Jerky, unresponsive, unbearable lag time, clicks buggy. Simply unusable

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Illustrator CC - Lags constantly every attempt to do something in my layers

I have been using Illustrator since macOS Sierra and it was decent in regards to performance not perfect though. Now since MacOS High Sierra Illustrator just destroys my workflow, I waste so much time waiting for the pin wheel to go away just so that when I attempt to move the cursor to interact with a layer is comes right back and i'm waiting again. . . and then at time it will crash (this is good I make backups)

I would find it hard to believe that a relatively new MacBook Pro should have no problems handling an 600mb…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Font Menu Broken

Yes, your font menu does not wok. This "Submit a bug" like it's a cute ******* game is annoying. Cannot work with your broken menu's

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. group

Unable to group something together. It give me the option to group but when I click it nothing happens, please update Illustrator there are too many glitches now.

Kind Regards,

Liam

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

13. Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'creat

Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files

No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'create PDF compatible file', etc...), if I save as a PDF, the PDF will show up saying "This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF content" etc... Is this a version 2019 bug???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Illustrator crashes with every use. First, the drop menus depopulate, next the save dialog box dissapears, and then the program freezes

My issues with illustrator 2019 started with previous update, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and it's still a problem. Seems I've been lucky though to have this only happen to me recently. People have been raising their hands on this being an issue for them since October 2018! Unbelievable. So what's the solution?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lag and Illustrator "Not Responding" after copy command

The platform is: Illustrator 23.0.6 64-bit, on Win10 Enterprise 1903 latest updates, and with nVidia drivers R430 U5 (431.70).

The bug is that Illustrator freezes for ~5 seconds after/during a simple copy command, and "Not Responding" is displayed on the top title bar. This can be induced by just opening a new file, drawing a rectangle, then trying to copy it (with Ctrl-C or with the menu command).

This is destroying my workflow...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. lag issue with Blob Brush

Major issue with Blob Brush lagging (if using either mouse OR tablet). When using Blob brush on earlier versions, no lag at all.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Every time Illustrator start, CEPHTMLengine steal focus by constantly being killed/crash and restarted

This is a bug, not an idea.
    I'm using Illustrator 2019 with full Adobe CC over Windows 7 pro, Since the update from 2018 every time I start Illustrator all other windows loose focus every 20sec, including Illustrator. I can not even type a full sentence when illustrator is ON. Once Illustrator is closed, the normal focus returns.
    I noticed that the CEPHTMLEngine start when Illustrator start and its being killed or crash every 20sec and then is restarted, This restart steal focus from any program running in windows. The cycle continues until Illustrator is closed.

I'm behind a corporate…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Illustrator 2019 Alignment not working

Illustrator 2019 Alignment feature not working. I can't center or align my work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Memory overload

Illustrator is chewing up every mb of memory of my computer until it then crashes. nothing else is open on my computer. no files are open with illustrator itself. yet its memory usage grows from 0-40gb then the program crashes due to lack of memory. ive clicked the repair bug button it pops up with. ive un installed and re in stalled. creative cloud did some update and install. ive turned my computer off and on. nothing fixes it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 23.0.1 Consistent Crash - Trying to record a transparency adjustment in an Action

I'm using an iMac with Mojave 10.14 and Illustrator 23.0.1.

I'm getting a crash while recording an action with a grouped object selected, I try to edit a transparency via the Properties menu. The crash is within one to two seconds of hitting enter on this change, consistently. Seems like it's another part of the memory leak that's happening?

I'm rolling back to 22.1 until this is resolved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base