2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator not working after Oct 2018 update (version 23.0)

Since the Oct 2018 update, I cannot open or use the program. I see this screen (see attached). Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but since the update a folder has appeared on my desktop named 'GPUCache' with 5 files inside (photo attached)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can't move objects

I created an object and then if I try to move it anywhere else in the document it just dings at me. I can move it with the arrow keys but not with the selection arrow. I have read all of the posts and tried everything suggested. Including reinstalling Illustrator and nothing works. I have checked to make sure the box is not checked to move by path only. As it is, Illustrator at the current moment is totally unusuable. I am going to have to use Inkscape. I want my Illustrator to work. This is why i pay big…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator 21.1 slows down

After using Illustrator 21.1 for a period of time - usually over 20 minutes - the software becomes increasingly slow, laggy, unresponsive. Quitting and restarting Illustrator fixes this, but it then happens again. And again.
    I have tried using fresh preferences: it makes no difference.
    PC system is Intel i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1050Ti, up-to-date drivers, up-to-date Windows 10.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PDF's Not Saving Correctly

As of this morning my PDF files are saving very odd. I have been saving them the same way for YEARS. As of this morning they are saving this (see attached). HELP? This is how I save files for our website to show available homes for a community. Obviuosly this is not showing the flyer sheet it was saved as from. I save as PDF, have a preset created that I select & save. Usually it's my flyer - today it this. From every file I try it from. ?????

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text spacing

There is some kind of problem with the text spacing feature. It has been causing issues such as duplication of previous text, deleting text from another part of the page, causing all text to be spaced incorrectly and more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Slow doing anything.

When I open the program, everything is going and moving fast, after awhile it gets really slow!
    I understand that it maybe after awhile the cache gets full and the program gets to operate slower but this is not the case here.
    With previous versions I didn't have to close and open the program in order for it to speed up. I would go for weeks not needing to close it. Right now in just couple of hours the program works from fast to being slow for no reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Offset pen tool

When I try to draw with the pen tool the point is a couple points offset from where I click with the cursor. I have the latest version of Illustrator on my MacBook Pro and it just started doing this while I was in the middle of a project. I've tried restarting Illustrator but that didn't fix anything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Objects not moving

Objects are not moving. This is a persistent issue when is adobe going to fix it?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Type Object Selection by Path Only" no longer works

I've been using this option from the start and the new version (Oct 18) ignores the preference and I have to click down to select objects below the type. VERY annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Smart Guides not working in Illustrator CC 2018 even after I turn on snap to pixel

Smart Guides had not worked for me in a long time now. I update illustrator regulary and have snap to pixel turned off.

I have been using illustrator for over 13 years so I know all the tricks and methods and this drives me nuts.

In Sketchapp for example I select the object, hold the alt key and it will show me all the margins and distances around the selected object. That is a time saver.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator CC (2018) will run out of memory and/or crash

Will sip every mb of your memory and won't let me zoom in after that, changes to CPU preview and will tell that there's no memory left and crash.
    Happened to me several times in one day alone and with only 2 files open (light vector only). I have a 24Gb RAM workstation and it swallows 20GB in 1/2 hour.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Slow performance when opening file from SMB3 volume

Illu CC2018, OS X 10.11, SMB3 volume: open, save, place links etc. on/from SMB3 volume is incredibly slow (smae with SMB1 and SMB2). Indesign & PS CC2018 do not show this behaviour.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Slow response time

I have been using a my 2014 Macbook Pro with no problems using Adobe Illustrator. However I recently switched over to a PC i7-6850K CPU and two EVGA 1080 GFX cards. And I find that when I use AI after about 1 hour it starts to seriously lag... getting worse as time goes on. The only way I have been able to temporarily resolve this is to close AI entirely and then re-open the program.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bugged redraw/tearing when drawing a shape causes window to scroll.

1. Illustrator CC2017.1.0

2. Click and drag with a shape tool (e.g. rectangle) and while dragging move to the edge of the window so it causes it to scroll.

3. The window should redraw the newly visible parts of the document as the window scrolls them into view.

4. Depending on whether GPU acceleration is enabled or not you get nothing or you get the edge pixels repeated endlessly during the scroll until you release the mouse.

5. See video for explanation: youtu.be/JC1anKCewQs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Illustrator 2019, 2020 keeps crashing on a new MacBook Pro, Catalina OS10.15.4. Always crashes after computer sleep

I just got a new MacBook Pro to replace an 11 YO iMac on which I was using Illustrator CS6. I had to switch to CC Illustrator. It crashes (about 8 times today alone)--almost always if I put computer to sleep with Illustrator open, but sometimes during work

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mac OS Wacom brush lag

UPDATE: I kept researching and found on another support blog to try hiding the rulers and right away my brush quit lagging by at least 85-90% improvement. Actions taken: View > Rulers > Hide Rulers. Weird, but it worked for me. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue. Ideally, we'd like to have this fixed so that rules can stay open, but nice to have a quick fix too.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM:
    I'm on a MacOS Catalina (most recent Mac upgrade). I'm using a Wacom Tablet (up-to-date drivers) and the subscription version of Adobe Illustrator. My brush is lagging…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not Loading Other Tabs

When having multiple tabs open, Illustrator will not show the other art when switching to a different tab. Ex. Document 1 and Document 2 are open and I have been working in Document 1 for a while. When switching to Document 2 tab, the art for Document 1 still shows and does not switch to the other tab. I can pull Document 2 tab off into it's own window and it will show, but once placing it back into the interface, it goes back to only showing Document 1. This happens multiple times a day and is causing me to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. too slow and laggy, small edits also end up in not responding or hanging and crashes.

After the last update (24.0.1) Illustrator is too slow and laggy. Crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing, small edits also end up in not responding or hanging and crashes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since updating to the 2020 version of CC, Illustrator seems to freeze up.

Freezing. Plus, I'm trying to create a dotted stroke with the stroke panel and my stroke always reverts to a solid line.
    I'm running Windows 10 and just updated it today 12/7/19 and no change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator unusably slow on a brand new Mac

This performs so poorly that it's unusable. Right after installation, on a completely new iMac 3.0 ghz 6 core computer, it is so slow that it takes 6 seconds for a dropdown menu to appear. Using the pen tool takes several,l seconds for each point to appear. If you try to move the window it gets stuck to the mouse because the feedback is lagging for so many seconds.

I've tried turning off every feature I could under view and preferences, that might affect performance, with no change.

I used illustrator way back in the early 90's, when it probably…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base