3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

315 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

2. Stability update made Illustrator very unstable

I noticed the 27/07/2020 update described itself as addressing stability issues, which I didn't have. Since the update ran, 3 hours ago, I've had three crashes - all when copying text and graphics together. My crash report crashed too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Still not able to paste (CMD + V) text when creating a new folder in Save as dialog box in Ai 2020

In the latest update the copy and paste option is fixed when trying to do it in the save as dialog box. But if I try to create a new folder with the save as dialog box open I still cannot cmd+v to paste text into the field.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Illustrator not working after Oct 2018 update (version 23.0)

Since the Oct 2018 update, I cannot open or use the program. I see this screen (see attached). Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but since the update a folder has appeared on my desktop named 'GPUCache' with 5 files inside (photo attached)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Placed .tiff file making vector image disappear

In my line of work we have "distresses" that we place over the vector image that we've created. The distresses are .tiff files and with the last update have began making the vector image disappear. When printed everything is fine. However most of the time we also have to export as a .png to send our customers a proof and we have to export several times before getting a .png we can use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base