Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dissapearing controls

My controls are dissapearing. Attached is a screenshot.
    I can select elements on the graphics but cannot see any buttons.
    Seems to be happening at random times. I have tried using 3 different PCs now and it happens on all 3.
    AI version: 26.5
    OS: Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

4. Attributes Panel shows Overprint for mixed selection

The Attributes panel shows that a selection of multiple objects is set to Overprint when the selection contains objects that are not set to Overprint. Only if a non-overprinting object is selected prior to the group selection, will the Attributes will correctly show the "-" (Dash) to indicate a mixed selection. See Screenshots attached.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. Drag-n-drop across documents to locked layer warning

Please see the animation.

I have two documents, one with current layer is locked.
    When I try to drag my artwork from other document (in this locked layer, about which I very often don't remember), AI should have said something about 'You are attempting to paste or drag into one or more layers that are locked or hidden. Do you want to unlock and show all appropriate layers?'...

But in my case it does not.
    I remember seeing it from time to time, but often it stops appearing.
    I have nothing as result, no warning, no message, nothing.
    And it's…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

6. Dropdown for stroke width in Appearance says 'mm' when units are 'px'

AI 22.0.2
    All units are set to 'px'.
    Appearance stroke width dropdown says 'mm'.
    Stroke same dropdown says 'px' all right.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆

効果>ワープ>上弦・下弦
    こちらの「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆
    誤訳ではないでしょうか

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

9. Unable to select rotated Guides at high zoom levels

when the zoom-level is 14800% and higher I'm unable to select or move the guides

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

10. Layer panel not working with document multiple windows

Hi, I have the AI latest release (21.1.0) and I'm facing an issue with multiple windows on two different screens of the same project.
    The layers panel is not responding when I want to open a layer tree, block and hide/show.

I read there are some problems with the GPU preview so I tried to disabled it but the problem is still there.

I try to explain what I'm doing:
    1. Open an empty New Document
    2. Add two new layers
    3. Draw something on every layer
    4. Duplicate the window going to Window > New Window (I want to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pressure option not showing / grayed out with Wacom tablets/pens

Wacom pressure not showing on menus illustrator 25.4.1.
    But if I use the Wacom 6d brushes, it have the pressure. But again, if I turn of pressure on Wacom brushes, it goes grey again and I can't turn on again.
    And if I create a brushes from scractch, pressure is greyed out, and I'm using Bir Sur, and can't go back the drivers, like I did on the old machine (Wacom drivers, but there is high Sierra, that support an old drivers) it worked on old driver. But on Big Sur I have not this option. and I already tried…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. Color panel switches from secondary display to the primary display

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549930

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

13. Artboard tooltip cannot be dismissed

When I double click on an Artboard to open its properties, I receive a blue tooltip "Shift-click to select multiple artboards. Alternatively, Shift-drag to draw a marquee...". However, I am unable to dismiss this tooltip because the Artboard Options dialog is open, and that is at the highest z-index, and I cannot interact with any other interface unless I dismiss this dialog.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

14. Drop shadow bug on modal dialogs

Modal dialogs in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows are rendering incorrectly for me.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Properties panel does not scale in width

In Illustrator CC 2018 (Windows), the Properties panel does not scale in width, so it can not be grouped with other panels (when switching, all panels become equal to the Properties panel in width).

In the transformation section of the object in the Properties panel, you can not change the size proportionally using the Ctrl + Enter shortcut. In the Transformation panel, you can do this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

16. Right click menu location bug. Win10 200% scaling.

When I do right click, coordinate of context menu location doesn't double and located at the center between of cursor and top left corner of the workspace. This bug happens at all CC versions support Hi-dpi displays. Absolutely clean Windows, Illustrator, no plugins.

https://youtu.be/WySXd6viYac

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MacOS Big Sur rendering bug.

Hi!
    I am an apple developer and I installed Big Sur beta (now on version 3) for work. I run into a problem with Illustrator that other people are not seeing. If I open one file everything is OK. When opening two or more files, I get a really nasty visual problem, with Illustror only. See file attached. Is anybody else having this problem, is there a way to fix it? I reinstalled Illustrator and it keeps happening.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Windows版27.3.1で現行版MS-IME利用時にCtrl+ホイール移動でフリーズ

Windows版27.3.1+MS-IMEが現行版(旧バージョンにしていない)の場合、Ctrl+マウスホイールによる横スクロールを実行するとフリーズします

1. Windowsの設定で、日本語IMEの全般設定で「以前のバージョンのMicrosoft IMEを使う」をOFFの状態(デフォルト状態)
    2. 27.3.1で新規ファイルを作成する
    3. Ctrl+マウスホイールで横スクロールを繰り返す

この操作のみでフリーズし、一切の操作がきかなくなります。

「以前のバージョンのMicrosoft IMEを使う」をONにすることで回避はできますが、従来の27.2ではこの問題は起きていませんでした。

こちらについてはIllustratorフォーラムの投稿にて発覚しました。https://adobe.ly/3JmAvWA
    https://adobe.ly/3Jna2rU

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品版ビルド27.5にて、こちらのバグが対応されました。Creative Cloud Desktopより、アップデートをしてお使いください。

バグ報告のご協力、大変ありがとうございました🙏また、ご迷惑をおかけしまして申し訳ありませんでした🙇‍♂️

19. Window size not big enough - Can't open the illustration

When I try to open a document from my drive, I get a pop-up window that says: Can't open the illustration. There is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again.

I've only had this issue since the last update. What can I do to fix this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

20. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base