3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator File Loading Problem

When opening a file Illustrator makes the program window really small then loads the entire file before giving the error message "Not enough room for the document to open" this is extraordinarily inefficient and very embarrassing when sitting with a client, especially seeing as though they are being charged for the time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Guides keep reactivating

I keep disabling Smart Guides - CTRL + U. First time I disable them, they remain enabled. Second time I disable them, they do actually switch off but then switch back on again when I relaunch Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fit to selected art bug

System, Mac high Sierra 10.13.4
    Adobe release 22.1

The program is not making the first choice. If not, I try to choose again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. variable

Hello,

I use an illustrator file with variables with 100 datasets.

Problem: when switching through datasets via the small triangle buttons recently gives strange popup "the actual values are not captured and will be deleted when switching , continue?" - was not the case before!! i never had this message since 1 year and i nothing changed, apart from the content of the variables.

When clicking button "ok" the next dataset is shown without problem. The problem is that i cannot make a batch processing any more, because this useless message needs to be clicked every time.

I dont understand…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Looks like the current values in the document that are linked to variable are updated and not captured in new data set. Try capturing new data set and then switch.
    If this doesn’t solve your problem,
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. Using tab to advance to next dialog box field only works occasionally

Editing text in latest Illustrator (immediately after update)... can't tab between font-size and leading fields - I can get it to work momentarily by closing the box and trying again, but the big returns the next time I try to edit text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I select file>new the pop-up comes up blank.

This happens in all adobe CC apps, the basic start menu is blank. This is with the newest version of adboe CC. When I scroll the cursor over the blank screen it generates a pointer that would enable me to select the image which is not present. Again, this issue is in illustrator and premier pro. I have unistalled and installed CC twice to fix any install errors. this has not fixed the problems. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4k scaling glitch

When opening Ai on my pc with 4k resolution, a lot of the content on the menu page i off, and I can't resize them to see the rest.
    This is also current in the "new document" setup.
    Very irritating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to move anything once placed within Adobe Illustrator

I am using the latest version of Adobe Illustrator, i have restarted both my computer and my program numerous times and the issue persists. I am unable to move anything once placed on the Illustrator workspace. the only thing it allows me to do is to resize the objects but not move them.

It is realy frustrating when you come across issues like this which just interrupt workflow preventing you from doing the simplest actions. I am sure there is a fix but i dont have the understanding to know how to fix the issue and the majority of forums…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When maximizing Illustrator it extends beyond the screen borders.

I have a vertical dual monitor setup. At one time it was a horizontal setup, but that was in prior versions before version 22.0.1 64 Bit. Anytime I try to maximize on my 3840x2160 laptop monitor it will expand beyond the screen border. I have attached a screenshot. Only started happening since the last update. I have tried changing settings for my screens and within illustrator but it still doesn't seem to fix the issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Aydia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows Panels resize at applications restart

Not sure if this is a Windows issue or a new AI 2018 issue. The problem I am having with all 2018 Adobe products is that when I enter back into AI after restart my Window Panel properties are all collapsed even though my saved work-space is saved with all of them always expanded. This causes me to go through every window panel and expand it. Not a huge deal but super annyoing and a time waste. This is happening consistently. I am running Win10- pro with the latest AI CC update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. It would also be helpful if you can share your workspace on sharewithai@adobe.com

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

11. When clicked on file>export, the menus closes.

Operating System: MAC High Sierra

When clicking on export under FIle menu the menu closes, This is not expected as this might happen by mistake before the sub menu has opened.

This is also not consistent with photoshop file>export.
    In photoshop when clicked on export menu under file, the menu will not get closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Character Properties Disappears in "Draw Inside"

Can't access the Character Properties (like changing font/size/line height) while in "Draw Inside" mode. I have to create/edit text in my main layer and cut/paste it in the "Draw Inside" object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything.

I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything before the menu appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selecting multiple objects with different opacities incorrectly reports their opacities as 0%

AI CC 2018 - MacOS Sierra
    When selecting multiple objects with two different opacities (say one square at 80% and another at 40%) it reports their value as 0%.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Error on Artboard/Workspace

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.1

2. Tried working on a new artboard to learn interface and immediately started getting this problem - this happens when I select an object and try to move it. Then I am unable to move anything properly. I have been unable to find any settings that may have caused this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and have received this same problem on different files and art boards.

3. A triangular cut out that appears on the artboard and causes the objects to malfunction when manipulated.

If I try to create something new, it disappears and then shows up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

16. anchor white

Hello! I have a problem where my anchor points and handles are white. They are normally black if I remember correctly and so I am struggling to use/see them as they are white.

I have tried Ctrl H - show edges and show bounding box but neither work. Please let me know if this can be changed!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Selecting list view does not change from grid view in "Start" screen.

v22.0.1

Selecting "list" view in the "start" window does not change the view. Have restarted numerous times. Not a big deal, but annoying when I need to see full file names (which are truncated in grid view).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Item on Selection Menu repeated in the dropdown list

I actually using the the spanish version and is there a repeated name for menu option "Object" and it seems to be useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Menu Issues

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1
    Illustrator 22.0.1

When the Application Frame is disabled, the menu items are displayed incorrectly. The "View" menu is attached.

I have reset the preferences and the menus seemed to work fine, but when I disabled the application frame, they went crazy again.

Also discussed on Twitter with Customer Care. https://twitter.com/scottzirkel/status/928392054660530176

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  Raghuveer responded

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Illustrator team appreciates this.

We are able to repro this issue at our end.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

20. tools panels disappeared.

I've just updated the software and got a dialogue box that some preferences were missing, then the interface changed to the dark one (I opt for the lightest one) and then all my tools seem to have disappeared and I can't get them back. I've quit, reopened, and repeated after restarting but same problem so far exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base