3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The interface doesn't appear

When I open Ai, the interface never load(1). If I pass the cursor over the top, that bottons appear(2). And, if I select a new color of interface appear the rest(3), but if I press "Ok", that disappears.

Intel Core i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    4Gb ram
    64bits system

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. Mouse click sticking

This problem only seems to happen in Illustrator. I have not seen this issue when I use Photoshop.

Clicking with the mouse, does not always work as expected. It is almost like there is a long delay before the release is detected, resulting in a drag operation. Sometimes I see the spinner appear after I click. I have tried a different mouse, same issue. In the video, I am only ever doing a quick click, without moving the mouse.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Right click menu location bug. Win10 200% scaling.

When I do right click, coordinate of context menu location doesn't double and located at the center between of cursor and top left corner of the workspace. This bug happens at all CC versions support Hi-dpi displays. Absolutely clean Windows, Illustrator, no plugins.

https://youtu.be/WySXd6viYac

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toggling tabs does not refresh/display correct file.

When multiple files are open, toggling from one file to another (via tabs) does not always display the correct file.

I've only encountered this bug with CC 2019.

Each release = less usable + more bugs

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Graphic Styles Panel Crashes Illustrator (macOS Movaje)

Illustrator CC 2019 on macOS Mojave becomes unusable after loading the "Graphic Styles" panel. After the panel loads, there's a brief beach ball followed by the "Not enough memory to process the appearance" error message. The menus then become "greyed out" and the only way to proceed is to force quit illustrator and restart.

On the surface I can avoid loading the "Graphic Styles" panel, but there are other panels that I need to load that only load with the "Graphic Styles" panel attached to them.

I've deleted the AI preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and the result is the same.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag-n-drop across documents to locked layer warning

Please see the animation.

I have two documents, one with current layer is locked.
    When I try to drag my artwork from other document (in this locked layer, about which I very often don't remember), AI should have said something about 'You are attempting to paste or drag into one or more layers that are locked or hidden. Do you want to unlock and show all approriate layers?'...

But in my case it does not.
    I remember seeing it from time to time, but often it stops appearing.
    I have nothing as result, no warning, no message, nothing.
    And it's…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Zoom Tool – Zoom out sometimes doesn't work

I often zoom out by selecting the Zoom Tool from the toolbar, then holding down 'Option' and clicking the mouse to zoom out. This does work most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work and I have to click another tool option then click back to Zoom for it to work properly.

Not sure if there's something specific I'm doing before to prevent it from working, or if it's just random.

Illustrator 22.01 Mac

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recent file history missing on app launch

Since updating to the latest version, on starting Illustrator I just get the "start a new file fast" section but no recent file history icons.

Once I've opened and then closed a file the app returns to the home screen and then my recent history is showing but the Start A New File Fast bit has gone.

Once I close illustrator down and re-open it the history disappears again :(

Using Illustrator v24 via a Creative Cloud Suite account on Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing. No change.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. eliminate the annoying popup windows to take a tour, show customize tool menu, library capabilities, etc. Abode: with each upgrade, you get

Every time I relaunch Illustrator, I have to reset my preferences. The preferences don't save. And, even though I specify that my units should be inches, it always---ALWAYS--reverts back to points or pixels. Annoying .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ctrl+arrows in Package dialogue

Ctrl+arrows stop at underscores in Save-Export-other 'system' dialogues, but don't in native dialogues. We heavy rely on underscores in our naming convention, so please make it work as it should be.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. With multiple projects open, can only view one tab

In new AI2019, if I have multiple tabs open, only the tab originally opened is usable unless I open the other tabs in a new window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I tried reproducing this on my computer but couldn’t reach to your conclusion. Can you please share the steps and a screen shot if possible with us. Is this happening every time or in some specific scenario. Also please let me know on which OS are you working.

12. 'Send to current layer' command is disabled when art across several layers is selected

I don't understand why it's limited, I can't see logic behind that, so I put it in Bugs, rather then Ideas.

See, I have some stuff in different layers. I select it, choose layer, press hotkey, I intend to collect it all in selected layer, but nothing happens. WHY?

I have 'Collect in new layer' in Palette menu, but I have no hotkey for it (you guys do everything with mouse? really?) and i don't need NEW layer, I need existing and selected one, and I have command for it — ''Send to current layer' — and it does not…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Misalignment in control panel for symbols

See image attached.
    Here and everywhere baselines in control panel captions must match.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dropdown for stroke width in Appearance says 'mm' when units are 'px'

AI 22.0.2
    All units are set to 'px'.
    Appearance stroke width dropdown says 'mm'.
    Stroke same dropdown says 'px' all right.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cut master 3 not working after update

Illustrator just updated to CC2018 and now my cutmaster 3 plug-in is not working or in the file tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Please contact plugin developer and get a plugin compatible with the CC 2018. You also have a choice to install previous release of Illustrator to ensure uninterrupted work till you procure CM plugin that is compatible with latest release.

16. Stuck on Rotate or Reflect Tool - Wacom Input Device

I have run into this issue many times over the years (multiple AI versions) and figured I'd add to the posts about it.

When using either the Rotate or Reflect tool, Illustrator often gets stuck. What I mean by stuck is that after trying to rotate or reflect some artwork, the Rotate or Reflect tool remains active as if you never released right click. This makes it so that every subsequent movement just rotates around the artwork as though you were still holding down right click. If you try to click elsewhere in the program, nothing happens. Clicking with a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. STOP THE 'A New Version Or Illustrator Is Now Available' Pop Up annoying everyone...

How about you get rid of this annoying "A New Version Or Illustrator Is Now Available" pop up???

ITS REALLY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Scale tool behavior - revert back to scaling proportionately, shift & drag

macOs Sierra 10.12.6

Illustrator 23.0.1 - Scale tool doesn't work the same as it's been for years!! Ugh!

Please revert to the legacy behavior of scaling shapes, images and text proportionately by using the scale tool + holding shift key and drag to enlarge or reduce size of shape proportionately. This way has been burned in my brain for many, many, many years. My fingers move faster than I can think, and now my logos turn out wonky unless I scale it the long way, by opening up the scale tool and typing in percentages!! No thanks.

For now, how…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Window resize handle broken

Whenever I try to resize a document window now by clicking the lower right corner, it snaps to a larger size that fills the width of my screen and goes off the bottom beyond what my cursor can reach. I have to click the resize button at the top to undo. The only way I can now resize any window correctly is by dragging out from the sides and bottom individually. This is very time consumiing. Just fix it to how it used to work in every other previous version. It shouldn't take extra time with every new 'feature' you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AI don't expand folders in File > Scripts when you have over some number of nested folders

I have 57 folders inside Scripts root folder.
    They are well-organized and have several levels of hierarchy:
    10 general folders containing (or not) files and folders. The deepest level is 3 folders.
    AI ignores folder content at I would say folder 54 and don't expand the last three. Clicking won't help.
    Do you have any limitations for nested folders in AI?
    Why it is not documented then?
    Anyway, fix it, please.
    Fix at least something besides your fresh CC 2019 bugs (that you still don't fix).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base