Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New preview mode

BUG in the new CC 2019 Version. Preview mode forces it's way for some reason during use. Screen becomes blank- only a restart brings back document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mouse scroll zoom is broken when in pixel preview mode (PC)

I just updated to Illustrator 2019 on a windows 10 PC

Given I have any size project open
    And my "zoom to selection" preferences are on or off
    When I turn on pixel preview view mode
    And I have alt selected
    And I use my mouse to zoom in and out
    Then zoom chooses a random center point to anchor it's zoom

I have no issues when in "over print preview" mode, or when using my keyboard in "pixel preview" mode.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pixelated/low Anti Aliasing problem with curved paths

Not really a GPU bug since it also happens with GPU turned off. But as you can see on the attachment, whenever I draw a curved path in Illustrator it turns out very pixelated/low Anti Aliasing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scrubby Zoom - GPU View greyed out

I'm unable to toggle GPU Preview.

This is a new concern since I was able to toggle it on/off a few weeks ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Slow response time

I have been using a my 2014 Macbook Pro with no problems using Adobe Illustrator. However I recently switched over to a PC i7-6850K CPU and two EVGA 1080 GFX cards. And I find that when I use AI after about 1 hour it starts to seriously lag... getting worse as time goes on. The only way I have been able to temporarily resolve this is to close AI entirely and then re-open the program.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug when moving from outline mode to GPU preview in winsows 10

When i switch to outline view then switch back to GPU preview, the animated zoom stops working

I'm on the latest illustrator build 25.1 on windows 10 latest build - GPU details as attached

The only way to fit this si to reboot illustrator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Transparency mask not refreshing

I'm not sure if this is a GPU rendering issue or not. When selecting a group of objects and going into transparency mask mode to add a rectangle with black to white gradient, the effect is now not visible until I exit mask mode, which is very frustrating because I then have to keep switching over to see the effect.

Using Illustrator 25.1
    Mac OS Big Sur

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guides disappear during drag with GPU preview turned on

While attempting to move an existing guide (horizontal or vertical) with GPU preview turned on, the guide disappears until the mouse is released.

This makes it very difficult to move guides to new positions.

With CPU preview turned on the guide remains visible when being moved and behaves as expected.

Win 10, Illustrator v25.1, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Driver Version: 27.21.14.5177

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Illustrator won't preview changes in the transparency mask until I move the art.

I just set up a new computer this morning and this is a new problem I have not dealt with before. Any edit I make to the transparency mask in an artwork does not preview until I move the artwork. Moving the view, zooming in and out etc doesn't udpate the preview, only moving the artwork. I tried turning off my GPU performance to see if that was causing some issue but it didn't change anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ghost shadows/projections when isolating a group

Sometimes when isolating a group (double clicking) and zooming in, a strange ghost offset projection across all the screen appears, and it slides across the screen when dragging through the workspace.
    I remember it used to happen in Ai 2019, stopped happening in Ai 2020 and now it came back. BUT I have not had this issue occurred between the Ai 2021 release and the macOS Big Sur update so I am not sure what the cause could be, and that's what's tricky, it only happens SOMETIMES and I haven't found any pattern about it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chess like structure

While I am working on my projects a chess board like structure is appearing of no where.

1 - Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1
    2- while using curving Pen tool.
    3- I want it to stop disappear tried restart application.
    4- it still apear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Views not updating, tabs not updating.

Views will simply stop updating in Illustrator. Outline view shows geometry that does not display in GPU preview mode.

Similarly, when changing from document tab to tab, the window will "freeze" on one document and refuse to show the newly-selected document.

None of this is remotely acceptable. I pay for and use the Adobe Suite as a professional tool, and I can't have daily failures. Trust in your products is swiftly eroding.

Please advise a quick and permanent fix for these issues.

System:

Illustrator 24.2.1

MacBook Pro
    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blue background lines on Illustrator 2020

Hello,

I'm having an issue with illustrator 2020. When i start working sometimes the background of a file stars having some blue lines covering all of the canvas. horizontally and vertically.

I'm using the latest release of Mac OSX Catalina on an Imac 2019.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. NOT RESPONDING

The program works fine whenever im doing line work for my portraits but as soon as I highlight it and merge it together the program starts acting really slow and not responding which makes it impossible to work

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rendered objects not matching the outline

I have found multiple rendering issues with Illustrator 2020 on Mojave 10.14.6
    There are three types:

1.) When cutting an object with the path finder, it might occasionally produce straight lines instead of curves, although I can't replicate this and it happens rarely.

2.) The displayed object doesn't follow the outline accurately in general. This is blatantly obvious when zooming in to the max and drawing a small object.

3.) Lines aren't smooth, they have extremely tiny irregularities. These disappear when zooming (even when already at max) but only for the current screen. Moving the camera reveals new ones and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fill Glitches when Previewing with the GPU

I work for a printing company, and we see this sort of glitch a lot. We also see it in the same design over multiple different systems so this must be an Illustrator issue rather than a compatibility problem with our graphics cards.

When rendering with the GPU, fill colors will extend out past the shape bounds. When we switch to render with the CPU, the glitch disappears. See the example attached.

This is a problem for us. We are losing production time because our printers on the floor see this and assume its an error with the artwork and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. multi-GPU setups cause Illustrator to glitch out and become unresponsive

I've got a two-GPU computer. If I'm using GPU preview mode, after working for a while (around 20-30 mins or more), the entire Illustrator UI will glitch out and become very artifact-y and unresponsive, and I can no longer work on the files I've got open, necessitating a restart of the app.

This started happening right after I upgraded from one GPU to two, about a year ago. It happens only in GPU preview mode, not CPU. I've tried updating GPU drivers, updating Illustrator itself--nothing fixes the problem. I've seen other people online with multi-GPU setups say the same thing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GPU Issue in Touch Mode on Surface Pro (2017)

Hello,
    I have been having a repeated issue with Illustrator leaving checkerboard artifacts onscreen when drawing in Touch Mode on my Surface Pro. After drawing for a while, Illustrator will crash. I've included a clip displaying the artifacts I'm talking about.

A related issue happens at random when drawing, where the outline will display in red while I'm drawing it, then the line won't actually get drawn. Sometimes when selecting or scaling objects they will similarly display the scale happening, but then nothing actually happens. Usually Illustrator crashes after that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. GPU Stroke Rendering Issue

2 x Xeon E5-2690 v4 CPUs (don't ask ;) )
    64 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8191 MB
    GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.122
    CUDA Driver Version: 418.105

Hi, I noticed a small rendering issue with strokes in GPU mode. The boundaries seem to be somewhat inaccurate, to the point that in certain situations (regardless of whether or not they're joined and by any method), suck as a tee shape, a small bulge of one stroke can appear beyond the edge of another, even though they shouldn't.

See attached pictures, the problem area is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base