2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I did a blend on some text (a color to 0 opacity of the color) — and it looks real stitchy on the GPU preview

I did a blend on some text (a color to 0 opacity of the color) — and it looks real stitchy on the GPU preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. phantom lines overlapping paths

Sometimes a portion of my shape will look cut off. There is no vector information generating is, it just renders it that way for some reason. Examples attached:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. wrong monitor profile applied when moving AI to a different screen in a multi-monitor setup

Setup: MacOS, latest version / AI, latest version / three different displays (two wide gamut) attached to 2017 MacBook Pro 15" 2017

The monitor profile of the display on which a file is opened first seems to be still in effect to render colors, after moving the window to another monitor (with a different gamut) while in GPU preview.
    Colors are quite off when moving a window from a wide-gamut display to an sRgb one and vice versa.
    Overprint view or CPU view seem to be correct, but are very slow to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overprint preview of overprinting black shows black as semi-opaque

When something is printed as 100% black and set to overprint, the output will be pure black. No registration issue as the 100% element is carried through the other color breakouts. However, in AI CC 2019m when I zoom way in on text which is 100% black and overprinting, I can actually see through the black type. The intensity of the black varies based on what is underneath. One can even watch the black become muted in appearance as one zooms.

Shouldn't 100% black appear as 100% black regardless of being set to overprint or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Zoom in/out bug

When holding down the magnifying glass shortcut and moving the mouse left/right to do a smooth zoom, it no longer behaves as before the recent update. It lags and makes the graphics super blurry. What did you guys change??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkhbo5d3io4kq4b/illustrator-zoom-bug-1.mp4?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Hi,

It is an intentional change to speed up zoom pan operation. Earlier we were rendering full fidelity at every frame – this was slowing down or wasting GPU power. So what happens after this change is we render full fidelity on mouse release.
    The amount of blur depends on the amount of zoom. If you zoom too far the onscreen representation will be more blurry. I hope this answers.

— Ashutosh

6. Objects not displaying in the right place?

I've been encountering lots of stuff like this, usually restarting the app will fix it. This time a closed the doc, re-opened and this was still happening...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Trim View (2019) is rendering properly in GPU view when adding from libraries

Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator: Windows 10 Insider Build 18312. Illustrator 23.0.1
    The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues: When working in Trim View in GPU view, when I add assets from the Libraries panel and move them onto the artboard, my background raster image gets black blocks/rendering issue. If I zoom in and out it goes away until I move the top object again. If I switch to CPU view the issue goes away.

[Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
    What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When 'View using GPU' is enabled the colors end up being drastically different

See attached files.

On Mac OS 10.14.1 and illustrator version 23.0.1

I tried resetting my preferences as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator Active Window lags when plugged into an external monitor

I am having an issue where when both a Surface Book 2 or a Macbook Pro 2018 is plugged into an external monitor ONLY the active window pane will lag when my curser enters that section of the screen both on the laptop and the external monitor. Doesnt happen when the computer is on its own but ONLY when second mointor is connected. Need this issue resolved and have done a full restart and reinstal of Ai along with tested this with 2 computers and multiple mice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paths Previewing Very Oddly

Paths with a stroke color and no fill are still filling random corners within the shape. I've rebuilt the shape, and checked for redundant nodes, but neither has fixed the problem. To make is worse, this is happening to to connection points at random (sometimes it has a fill, sometimes it doesn't). Definitely a bug, and a very major one.

Also, copying the artwork into a new document, or even into InDesign, does not fix it. Placing the artwork in InDesign actually makes the preview glitch out. It's as if Adobe gave CC 2018 a lobotomy!

Screenshot 1: paths in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View Using GPU not available

My animated Zoom has been working and then i got a crash with the "Not enough memory" error coming up and ever since my Animated Zoom hasn't been working. Now when i've done the latest update (23.0.1) i can't select View Using GPU and the animated zoom is not working still.

iMac 27" 3.2GHz Inel i5
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I use win 10 with latest update on asus gl553vd with updated drivers from their website.

I use win 10 with latest update on asus gl553vd with updated drivers from their website.
    Hi,
    I’m Sanket Sali from India.
    I use ASUS Gl553vd laptop with updated win 10. It has onboard gpu intel and addon gpu nvidia 1050. I have updated both drivers from asus website.
    I’m experiencing screen brightness flicker means brightness goes high and low inside the document window of AI as well as PS.
    It was same in 2018 versions of AI and PS and the problem is still there in 2019 versions. I’m not getting where the exact issue is.
    Is it with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please upgrade to the latest AI version 23.0 to resolve this issue. Version 22 is not supported on 10.14

17. AIGPU sniffer

AIGPU sniffer triggers when launching indesign or illustrator after installing mojave -- dual screen issues also with ima pro og 27" apple screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator version 22 is not supported on macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
    Please upgrade to version 23 to resolve the issue.

18. Placed graphic glitch

Placing a 1-bit BMP image and rotating in Ill2018 results in a broken image. Toggling the GPU Preview on fixes the appearance on screen, but exporting to JPG, the issue transfers to the output image.
    I have a video @ http://www.veoh.com/watch/v139306245XMJBdwyS

I am using a Mac Pro (late 2013) and Illustrator 2018 22.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pantone colours not appearing correctly in email preview

When I convert a CMYK colour to pantone and then rasterize it into an image (cmyk) to make it smaller for sending, in the email preview (gmail) the pantone colour appears completely wrong.

file is saved as pdf (cmyk). file is created also in cmyk

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen rendering issue w/ Illustrator CC 22.1

If I have the "GPU Performance" enabled, my screen goes crazy with just glitches and artifacts everywhere. As soon as I deactivate the GPU rendering, everything is going to be normal again.

My specs :
    Macbook Pro 15" mid 2014
    2,8 Ghz Intel Core i7
    16 Gb ram
    mac OS 10.11.6
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I use a dual monitor setup (laptop + an external 23" 1080p monitor). The issue described above only occurs on my 23" (non retina) monitor. I found a temporary trick: I have to drag the affected window on my laptop screen (where everything…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base