Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. AI displays the START SCREEN on opening the file and the document view do not switches (refreshes) the file content.

v 22.1

When trying to open an existing file while Illustrator is closed, the software will lag and then hang on the opening screen. The file appears to be opened in the background, but there's no way to access or see it. The opening screen will give options to open additional files or create a new one (as usual) but when trying to do either, nothing will open and no New File Options menu will appear.

Everything will work normally only if I open Illustrator first and then the file.

This happens will every file I've tried, so this isn't…

200 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

192 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for reporting this issue and providing us your valuable feedback.

What we have found out so far is that this issue can happen in multiple workflows. For clear tracking, validation and closure. We will closing this thread for given below two scenarios which we believe are fixed now:

1)Double click any Ai file to launch Illustrator
    2)Placing files in Illustrator via Bridge.

For two other scenarios that we know of that can cause this, we have created a separate thread :https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39220189-ai-displays-the-start-screen-on-opening-the-file-a .If you are encountering the below mentioned issues with latest Version (24.0.1 on Mac and Win), then please vote on newly provided User voice thread and provide Test File via File→Package, Video and steps via dropping email at sharewithai@adobe.com along with this thread link so that we can identify and fix the root cause.

1. On opening a file in Illustrator the START SCREEN do…

2. LAUNCH ERROR ISSUE - Google Drive File Stream

Drive File Stream interfere with Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 bit.

After installing Google Drive File Stream I get lunch error during Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (icui18n.dll) and program runs with limited functionality.

When uninstalling the google drive file stream everything works just fine.

I shared the same issue with the drive file stream, so i just hope that it will not end up pointing fault one on another. Both applications are important to workflow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is some good news. We users who have confirmed that the issue is resolved when you install the latest version of Google File Stream.
    Please update to Google Drive File Stream 26.1.37.2022 or later

Thank you Martin for validating the fix.

3. Illustrator 2021 Won't Load - I have already contacted Customer Care. They were not able to help.

Please help. There are a number of users experiencing this major bug. Please read: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/help-illustrator-2021-won-t-load/td-p/11530119?page=6

I think Adobe needs to realize that it has been isolated to Illustrator v25.0 only. Like everyone else, the latest releases of Photoshop v22.0.1, InDesign v16.0, and Bridge v11.0 all work just fine. Moving down to Illustrator v24.3 seemed to help get everyone back to work. However, since this is a newer version, there is a question on the projects that we have been working on with v25.0 will open up without any hiccups with v24.3. I am testing that right now as I have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base