3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

308 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Gentle Reminder 2:

Apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused by Illustrator’s performance on your system.

To isolate this issue further, will it be possible for you to join an online session with Illustrator team so that we can nail down this issue further after analysing it on your system.

Please drop an email about your time availability (so that we can share you the session link) at sharewithai@adobe.com

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

2. 68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

3. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:

Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

4. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly confirm if you are still facing this issue with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator?

2) If yes, could you kindly follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

5. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3

2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash

3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas

4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

6. Background Save works but it thinks it's not working!

Illustrator 2020 v24.0, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

1. As I'm working on a .AI file, I periodically save, expecting the saving to complete in the background.

2. The save completes - I can tell that by looking at the file using QuickLook in the Finder, but...

Expected Result: I expect the asterisk to go away, and I expect to have no dialog when I click close.

Actual Result: The "I'm not a saved document" asterisk is still in the title bar, and if I click the close button, I get a "your document won't be saved" dialog.

I'm uploading a screenshot.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.

Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file. Please let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Juhi Varshney
    Illustrator Team

7. Switching between files doesn't work properly - or at all

See the attached video. I have two files open. The second file I opened does not display. When I click on the file tab I still have the previous file displayed. Regardless of which file is active, I can only edit one. I can't even see the other. They are two completely different projects - they do not look the same. You are only seeing one file in this video, despite which one I select. I have to quite and restart, losing any changes I may have in the one file I cannot see.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

9. Artboard Numbering Error

I have a document that consists of 75 artboards but the numbering on the left shows two artboards with the same 66 number instead of artboard 65 followed by artboard 66. However on export, exporting artboard 65 Illustrator exports it normally. So it's just a visual bug.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1)Kindly provide the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing this issue.
    2)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
    Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

10. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. font finder/Missing font box not working

Find Font box not working. Example i am missing fonts and when i open that menu it shows the fonts used in the document but the missing ones just have a loading circle next to it and it never stops.

Also the Missing font box. When i do have the fonts and want to Activate them they will never activate, It just loads for 10mins and stops with out loading the fonts.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1)Kindly use the Adobe Log Collector Tool, by following the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and collect the log files and share with us.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

14. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

15. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working

When I select my text box and then go to the Font pull down menu, I used to be able to use my arrow key and scroll through the font menu. While doing this the font box in my document would preview the fonts. Now I literally have to mouse over the font in the menu, which IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING and time consuming. Please fix this feature!!!

Or I could start typing in a font and Illustrator would suggest fonts as I type - this no longer work either.

CC2018

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1) Follow this to collect logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
    2) Kindly share the above with us in a Zxp file which is collected at desktop at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    3) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in message of Email.

Thanks,
    Ankit Goyal

17. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

18. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

19. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.0 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide scripts , Test file(Via File→Package), video & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

20. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base