3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Working file getting corrupted after installation of new graphics card

Hi, I have installed a graphics card recently on my windows 10 PC and the file which was working fine before enabling GPU features in Adobe Illustrator CC suddenly got corrupted (Error message is attached). I have updated both, Adobe Illustrator CC (ver. 21.1.0) and Graphics card driver and my windows 10 installation is also up to date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

it is less likely a graphics card will corrupt a file. We will need deeper investigation,
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is gooing.

2. In Windows 10 Full Screen covers Windows 10 Taskbar

One of the things I abhor (yes abhor) about Mac computers is that the apps at full screen cover EVERYTHING making things hard to use. Adobe Illustrator now behaves that way. A Maximized window should NOT cover the taskbar. If I wanted a Mac I'd buy one. I don't want Windows 10 Apps to behave like they are on a Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grey Block

I Keep getting a flashing grey block appear across my artboards. Please help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Low resolution prints when using macOS Sierra

When printing artwork directly from Illustrator running on macOS Sierra (currently using 21.1.0) the prints look pixelated. This does not happen when printing the same file with the same settings on the same printer when Illustrator is running on Windows 10.

I can reproduce the effect with a Canon Pro-10S and a Canon Maxify 5150.

A workaround on macOS is to save the file as a pdf file and print it from Acrobat. Then the quality of the prints is good.

I attached a scanned example of the difference in print quality. The top part of the image shows the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clear Recent Files Not Sticky

1. Version: 21.1.0

2. Steps:

Illustrator>Preferences>File Handling & Clipboard>Change Number of Recent Files to Display from 20 to 0

Close Illustrator
    Re-Open Illustrator (Recent Files Gone...What I want)

Illustrator>Preferences>File Handling & Clipboard>Change Number of Recent Files to Display from 0 back to 20.

Close Illustrator
    Re-Open Illustrator (Recent files all return)

1. Expected Result: When I change back from 0 to 20, I expect all of my recent files to be gone.

2. Actual Result: Recent Files return when I change the settings back from 0 to 20.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

The setting you are referring to only controls visibility – does not clear the list. Sure way of clearing the recent history is to clear Illustrator preferences.

6. Create New Button Does Nothing

I'm using OS X El Capitan with a multi display setup, comprising of two monitors and a Wacom Cintiq. Sometimes with multiple desktops and multiple monitors popup windows will open in strange places and I have to find them-- however I've gotten rid of my extra desktops and tried to replicate the problem running a single monitor and it persists.

Neither Premiere nor Photoshop have this issue.

Illustrator opens up fine, but when I get to the prompt to open a recent project or create a new one, everything works except clicking "Create New" doesn't do anything. Of course I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Zoom lagging & Overal Speed Issues

BUG. Files with any substance (not just plain squares) but normal large files are slow and laggy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request to Contact Support  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. grabbing tiny things

BUG!!!!! not a new idea quit trying to shirk responsibility by calling flaws "new ideas!" It feels like im dealing with a con man or something

you cannot grab menus and move them because you made no place to grab so you have to close it just to move !

the 4 bezier curve tools use to be easy to to expand to a tear off then you made it a little harder because you had to grab the top of the bar, then you made it harder by putting the tiny little grabber bar an inch away and even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Small Caps no longer working as it should

Illustrator 2017.1.0. Setting the Small Cap percentage no longer works for some fonts. They seem to have their own default setting that is unaffected by changing the percentage in the Document Setup window. In the attached example, Small Caps is set to 90%. In the first two font examples, you can see it's nowhere near that. If I change the setting, the bottom word will change but the top two remain the same. This is terrible!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My mobile creations do not show up in illustrator

When I open Adobe Illustrator (2017.1.0 Release / 21.1.0), I do not get the Mobile Creations option any longer.

I am running Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6) on a 2014 MacBook Pro.

This issue has been occurring for about the last six months or so.

I can send a mobile creation from my iPad to Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Losing Days on the Free Trial

I was opening Adobe Illustrator on a free trial. When I opened it, I lost a day of my free trial! I feel as I was cheated of an extra day to use Illustrator. I think to improve free trials, that you shouldn't lose any days when you do not use the program. I expected 7 days of my free trial but in the end only got to use 2 days! That is completely absurd! Even when I tried the free trial for Photoshop the same happened.

This is unfortunate because I know that Illustrator is one of those top…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. new

new button and menu item just start dialog box so can't create any new artwork from scatch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Application crash when copy/pasting SVG paths

I have several logos that were created in Inkscape and saved in SVG format that I now need to edit in Illustrator. However even after re-saving them as AI files, any attempt to copy/paste any part of the SVG paths from the logo results in an immediate application crash.

Adobe Illustrator CC (latest) Windows 10 64bit

Steps:
    1. Open the attached AI file (which was converted from SVG by opening then saving in Illustrator).
    2. Select any part of the logo.
    3. Copy using Edit -> Copy or CTRL+C
    4. Paste using Edit -> Paste or CTRL+V
    5. The application…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't save color themes even when signed in

I'm trying to save a color theme but when I mouse over "Save" it says "You must sign to save color themes" even though I am already signed in according to the Help drop down menu. As a result I can't save any color themes. I'm using the 1 week trial version of Adobe Illustrator called Adobe Illustrator CC Tryout 2017.1.0 Release.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. USB iPhone tether connection causes bugs in AI CC 2017 Layers panel

When a USB connection is made to iPhone for internet tethering, Illustrator CC 2017 Layers panel:

1. Won't allow toggling the lock or eye icons unless clicked several times each.

2. Won't allow slide up and down the locks or eyes to lock/unlock or show/unshow everything.

3. Won't allow naming a layer unless done from options.

4. Won't allow dragging square of an object from one layer to another.

All resolve upon disconnecting the USB iPhone internet tethering connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

17. Self-moving object down

Automatically moveing the selected object down while holding, or quickly press several times the shortcut ctrl -

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can't

I get a an error message every time i log into AI. Then on top of it the program is not saving my workspaces. It drives me crazy to have to open Tools, Controls, Swatches, Layers, etc every time I start. Please help me out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Crash when vectorising any image

Hello, I have an Adobe Cloud account and am using the latest version of illustrator CC. I cannot vectorize images any more. It crashes whatever setting I use.

I tried to desactivate the GNU processor but to no avail. I tried on several images kind and format, but Illustrator won't accept any. They do open and the vectorization begins but it crashes before finishing. and no explanation is given just that a problem occured and that the application will close.

This is very problematic as I need to vectorize images. Please help me, Adobe-Kenobi, you are my only hope !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we are closing the ticket due to lack of communication.

20. error that it was modified in another app

1. Open file and make a few changes

2. leave file open for a while

3. Try and save file and get error that it was modified in another app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

The issue is file sync services lock the file while syncing to their servers. At this point of time we do not support this workflow.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base