4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stroke not aligned with Fill

Stroke is not aligned with Fill
    When Drawing, the stroke is not rendered on the actual place where it's placed and not properly aligned with Fill

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When a mesh object is set as a key for aligning, the edge of it doesn’t look bold

There’s a nice feedback Ai does for highlighting a key object — 'fat' edge. Click one object in a selection of many, and you will see that it’s marked to be the one which won’t move while you command others to change positions. You know that.

But it doesn’t work for a mesh objects.
    For some reason Ai leave them as they are.

And today I alos found that when a object only partially mesh, Ai forgets to fatten edges for 'normal' bezier parts too.

And please don’t forget that you still ignore mesh points’ size when a user changes…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eyedropper STILL not wroking on grouped objects in Illustrator 24.2.3

When using the eyedropper on grouped objects, it'll show correctly in the color panel, but it'll only apply the stoke color to the group. Please fix this! The eye dropper has not worked for grouped objects for way too long now.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.3

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Library panel button "Add Content" Disabled

When I have an object selected on the artboard, "Add Content" button is disabled on CC Library panel.

Also, when trying to add from Swatch options menu, I use the checkbox and select my libray, click the "OK" button but no swatch is added to the CC Library.

Illustrator version is 24.1 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Variable Data - ignore a blank object

Variable printing – an amazing utility within Illustrator which is probably often underutilized!

Unfortunately, if the .csv file containing your data contains a blank cell you'll run into issues. Fixing this or creating a workaround so that we can import those blank cells as just a space would be HUGE!

Printing mailing labels and being able to ignore a second line for an address would no longer be out of the realm of possibilities! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Let's get behind this – Help me vote this to the top!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can only marquee zoom when in overprint preview or wireframe.

The marquee zoom tool is not working correctly in CC 2019. Previously you could turn "Zoom to selection" on or off. In CC 2019 this option is still available under preferences, but regardless if you turn it on or off, the marqee zoom feature only works if you're in overprint preview or wireframe. When in GPU Preview, only "Zoom to selection" works, even if you have it turned off.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
    Processor: 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Memory: 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustrator CC 2019 Will Not Save or Save As on Mac OS Mojave

I use a Macbook Pro mid 2015 with 16 GB RAM and Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.4. I just updated from CC 2018 to CC2019 at most a week ago. I wish I could go back, because at least in CC 2018 I could save.

When I tried saving a file I have already saved before, with this newest version of the program even, it gives me the error message of "file not found." I go and try to open the file, make sure I'm not just working on a different version, and that "file is already open."

I try to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Transparency on PNG not supported when imported or replaced

Transparency mask on the png file shows as white when imported or replaced into illustrator data created last week.

Transparency on the original png file on the illustrator is intact. The problem is seen only when the new png file is uploaded.

I thought it may be the png file, but the problem occurs only on the illustrator.

The problem started after updating both Photoshop 2019 and Illustrator 2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tools not snapping or showing blue line path or anchor points

The Pen and Direct Tool are not snapping or showing the blue line path when drawing with the tools (Pen tool, Curvature tool, Direct Selection Tool) I have googled forums to see what the issue and it seems to be something that happens when the software is updated every so often or something like that, and shortly before I encountered this issue about 10 minutes ago my software got an update... please fix this :(

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Picker not working correctly

I'm running Illustrator v23.0.i on a Windows 10

When I use the Colour Picker to pick up a colour it changes the fill indicator but when I double click the fill box to show the colour makeup it shows Hex 000000

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gradient panel - Angle tab flashing and temporarily freezing program

This is a new problem today - I have restarted Adobe and my mac and no fix.

Summary -

I have my panels displayed on my UI - The gradient angle tab (even when no gradient is applied) begins to flash repeatedly and quickly - This causes the program to freeze for the second it is flashing.

Further, once it has completed flashing it changes my tool randomly - I have had it change from move to artboard, from shape to pen, it seems random. Also the I have tried a different keyboard so it is not a bug in…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shapes won't change to colours saved to Libraries

I have multiple colour palettes saved in my Libraries which I will use through Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign. Frustratingly, as I am in the middle of working on a design using basic shapes (rectangles, ellipses etc) and go to change the colour of that shape by clicking on a shade within my libraries it will not change! The shape will change colour when using colours from the swatches palette always. I end up having to quit Illustrator and restart it then colours from my library will work again.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PDF does not preserve Illustrator editing capabilities!! I upgraded two days ago to the new version of Illustrator. I've been saving PDFs w

PDF does not preserve Illustrator editing capabilities!!

I upgraded to the new version of Illustrator. I've been saving PDFs with 'Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities' for years. Now when I do it, it's flattening the PDFs and not allowing editing at all. The PDF can just be imported. It has totally ruined some of my complex files and I've lost hours of work.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

So frustrating!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Object drawing error

When I click and drag to draw an object such as a rectangle or ellipse I get a wild error where Illustrator tries to draw all of the intermediary steps in between. I gives me an unknown error, and if you look in the layers palette you can see that it is actually drawing lots of objects rather than the one I'm intending to draw. I have attached a gif of what is happening.

I've been having issues attaching files to this post. Here is a link to a gif of the issue. https://imgur.com/a/gd7ae

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Object > Expand = Crash

I have the most updated version of Illustrator CC - whenever I use the expand tool, illustrator crashes.

I've reinstalled, restarted my computer - can't seem to figure it out.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator crashes when editing a graph column design

Illustrator crashes when editing a column design with the graph tool. Editing a text box that is linked to the data causes an error "Can't edit type." and types a character. Then I try editing the text again causes the previous character to be typed, the current one and the error. Sometimes illustrator crashes when the type turns to a black fill. Also, editing the column design makes the graph transform vertically and horizontally. Attached is an example.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save for web can't save individual art board

Save for web: I can't export save for web with individual artboard. It's detecting the entire file.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base