3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator ignores variable font kerning

As described. Illustrator is not interpolating kerning data. Using a font that works well on everything but Illustrator. Left is view in Chrome, right in Illustrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eyedropper tool not showing correct colors sampled outside of Illustrator

When I click and drag the eyedropper tool outside of Illustrator to sample a color from something else (a website, pdf document, etc.), the color isn't correctly picked up.
    For example, if I move the eyedropper over something orange, it shows in Illustrator as blue or black; even if I sample a large white space, it shows in Illustrator as a different color. It seems to only be showing sampled colors as white, neutral, black/gray, and shades of blue.
    The program is up-to-date.
    I tried it in two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and the results were the same in both. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have seen this issue specific to macOS 10.15. Enabling “Screen Recording” access right to Illustrator resolved this issue.

You can change this setting by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording and add Illustrator Application.

Please try this and reply in comment if the above suggestion worked for you.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

3. A blank white popup window opens over a file when opening.

Closing the window gets it out of the way & I can continue. It only happens the first time I launch AI and then open a file.

I'm on a 2016 MacBook Pro running Catalina & Illustrator 24.0.
    Screenshot attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Window tabs in illustrator glitch can't navigate

I've lost the ability to navigate and manage my tabs in illustrator on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Multiple restarts of my computer have not solved this, please fix this super frustrating glitch!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places

Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places. I don't know what the issue is. My strokes were perfect yesterday and now I update my mac and the strokes are now sporadic, jagged and missing in places. See screenshot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We apologize for having such an irritating issue with your workflow.
    The issue is still not reproducible in-house. We need your help to reproduce the issue.
    Please provide your system details and the objects with which you are working.
    If issue is happening in any specific file and you can provide the file to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com, also please do mention this User Voice thread link in the mail.

6. 'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

This happens when saving an illustrator doc now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

8. Illustrator could only partially read this file

When I load the first attached file in 24.0.1 (with Windows 10) it loads OK and I can edit it. When I save it and try to reload it in 24.0.1 it says Illustrator could only partially read this file. That's awful when Illustrator cannot read a file it has just saved.

The layers (and sublayers) under ALL > WATERWAYS > A-B beginning with A have all gone missing when it reads in what it can. Other parts may be missing too.

It works fine in 23.1. and I have had to revert to using that.

I have lost a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. unknown error [!now] when converting a rasterized pattern to PNG

I am trying to Export a .ai doc to PNG and receive the following message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [!now]

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SVG Export Distortion

I am having 0 success with Adobe Illustrator exports that incorporate filters. Some are stock images from Adobe stock that have polygonal patters. Others are 3D text rendered objects. Others are layers built with a variety of transparency filters and opacity settings. The SVG exports are not usable and we are resorting to .png files until we solve this. I saw a similar post that was unresolved: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33118615-sizes-and-coordinates-get-distorted-in-svg-export
    I am using export settings with Styling: Presentation; Images: Preserve; Object ID: Minimal; 2 Decimals; Minify and Responsive checked. Other modifications to these settings has not worked.
    Additionally, many of the Adobe…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Character Panel Typing Font Names Manually Issue

When trying to type certain font names manually in the first field the placement of the letters jumps to the wrong spot.

When I type "Arial Bold", "Arial Regular", or "Cooper Black" the cursor or text placement seems to fail and not type the text in order from left to right. I saw one other post here with a similar issue but it could not be reproduced. This is the first time I have seen this so far on the new Illustrator CC 2020. After typing the "o" in "Arial Bold" the letters end up typing to the left of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvieniecne caused to you due to this issue but we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.
    To nail down the issue further we would like the following information from your end :
    1) Setting in the font search dialog – (“Search Entire Font Name” or “Search first name only”)
    It would be really helpful if you could provide a short video having steps to reproduce the issue.

Share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

14. New update (23.0.1) shows Home screen instead of my actual file until I press F

Most of the times, when I open an AI file I can't see my actual artboard until I press F (Toggle Screen Mode). Once I switch the screen mode it shows a weird red color in the artboard (too fast to capture).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Isolate Selected Groups Does Not Work in CC 2019

Spent 4 days following a tutorial thinking I was losing my mind.
    Then, it dawned on me I downloaded CC 2019 four days ago.
    Downloaded CC2017 and the operation works as advertised.
    Used especially for cartooning…
    Goes like this:
    1. Select all inked artwork>Object>Expand Appearances>Merge.
    Create and color a rectangle covering artwork.
    Select All>Merge
    Then>>>>>Right Click<<<< and click "Select Isolate Selected Groups”
    This will put editable color with all closed line work.

The enclosed pic is where things go wrong in 2019
    Once Isolate Selected groups is clicked you should be able to delete the outside green in isolation mode…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. application frame

1. These are not 'ideas' they are bugs, errors, problems - stop with the Orwellian language, just makes you look insincere and untruthful.

The problem:
    When Application Frame is selected, files either do not display when opened or have a corrupted display. Doesn't happen every time, but quite often.
    Mac Pro macOS 10.12.6, Illustrator 22.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't click on properties dropdowns

I just updated AI to the newest release and suddenly I'm unable to access extended properties not displayed on the main panel nor will it let me select and change colors via the properties panel. I also don't like that you've all decided what tools I work with constantly, I need to be able to customize what I need to keep open for my workflow optimization. Because if I could, I could work around this bug.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Borders_Dashed Treatment Changes Spot Color to Process

I draw a box, stroke it with a spot color, apply a "borders_dashed" treatment. The Spot color becomes process. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Eye Dropper tool color is off

When you use the eye dropper tool on either images or vectors the shade is off and not exactly the same like it was https://www.screencast.com/t/bI7aJSdwB

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Type on a path tool resizing causes crash

I have the latest version of Illustrator CC 2020 v. 24.0.3. Unfortunately, everytime I try to resize a type on path, Illustrator crashes. I have restarted the app and system and that didn't help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base