Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. iMac 5k 2017 w/ Radeon Pro 580 - Illustrator very slow on GPU preview

Illustrator version 22.01
    macOS 10.12.6
    iMac 5k 2017 w/ i5 3,8Ghz - 16Gb RAM - 2TB Fusion - Radeon Pro 580
    All the file (also a very little file) is slow on movement, on move object and run with shot and NOT fluid. Slow on select object or shape or everything on file.
    The same file opened on a "slow and old" MacMini with the same configuration and the same macOS is not slow and the movement is very fluid.
    Switching to CPU cause the same things, everything is very slow. Also switching to Print Preview is slow.

Thanks for…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

2. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. IllustratorCC 2020 24.3.1 version, everything is working very slow and laggy

Yesterday, I got automated update to Illustrator 2020 24.3.1 version, since then
    everything is working very slow and I am getting lags in all the thing I select and click in the software.(selecting, filling, moving objects) Without selection, the cursor drags around the page area and goes outside the artboard area even if I move the mouse without clicking with the mouse.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Object Transform Reflect default bug

Small one, but the reflect tool doesn't seem to be saving last input, i.e. usually it will remember whether you last used reflect Horizontal, Vertical or Angle, but now it defaults seemingly at random. With perhaps a bit of a bias to Angle. Which I don't think I've actually ever used.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT

Since the last update.. Every time I try to trace & make something. I get this error message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. CANT" then the placed image I tried to trace disappears and only an empty selection box remains. If i do "undo" the image will return. How come I cannot trace anymore? What can I do to fix it?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default

• But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working

When I select my text box and then go to the Font pull down menu, I used to be able to use my arrow key and scroll through the font menu. While doing this the font box in my document would preview the fonts. Now I literally have to mouse over the font in the menu, which IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING and time consuming. Please fix this feature!!!

Or I could start typing in a font and Illustrator would suggest fonts as I type - this no longer work either.

CC2018

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't move paragraph indent markers back to 0 in tab panel

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

When I try to move the top or bottom indent markers back to zero, it snaps back to its original place.
    If I type 0 in the X: box, it doesn't work.
    If I set it to 1, cliclk in the X: box and press the down arrow on my keyboard, it doens't work.

The only way to set it back is via the Paragraph panel.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Horizontal Distribute" buttons broken in Illustrator 24.2.1

Illustrator version 24.2.1 on Mac OS 10.14.6 When multiple objects in a row are selected and any of the Horizontal Distribute buttons are hit, the objects are stacked on top of each other instead of distributed out based on farthest left to right. It appears to be copying the function of Horizontal Align buttons.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text cursor too thin to see

Editing text in Adobe Illustrator CC2020 has become harder than the previous version I was on, CS5.5. I produce infographics. Text is a vital component. It's harder now than ever before because Adobe has made the text cursor bar so thin, it's barely visible.
    I'm using the latest CC2020 on the latest Catalina macOS on a 2019 27-in 5K iMac. Is it the 5K screen that is affecting the cursor? Please, Adobe, just thicken it up by a pixel or two. Currently it's so thin, it's hard to find it when editing text.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Ninian, Thanks for reporting this. Could you please go to Preferences→User Interface→UI Scaling slider. It will scale the entire Illustrator UI proportionately. Let us know if increasing the value on that slider helps. Thanks.

12. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.0 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide scripts , Test file(Via File→Package), video & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

13. Extra pixel added to image size when export image

When I use the export image option to make a PNG or JPEG with use artboard at 300 ppi, my original image size is changed by 1 pixel (like an image goes from 500 x 500 to 501 x 501).

I have found the save for web works to retain the proper dimensions, but when the image needs to be printed, it becomes 72 ppi which is not correct resolution for printing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. tour

For the love of god get rid of the fking tool tips. I don't need to take the freakin tour. I DON'T need it popping up and disrupting my fking workflow. I've been using Illustrator for over a decade. I DON'T. NEED. YOUR. TIPS.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

16. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Color picker works weird with gradient sliders

Sometimes Color Picker, summoned for SELECTED color gradient slider with double-click on Fill in toolbox, shows color Black instead of actual color, but when applied, turns color to white even.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recent Files Browser Window: the wrong file opens when choosing a recent file.

This has happened multiple times. It isn't a one off incident.

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1 (64-bit) / Windows 10

Step 1: Open Illustrator from desktop icon.
    Step 2: Click on a recent file from displayed recent file options.

Expected result: Selected file opens.

Actual result: A file other than the one I clicked opens.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern to which file opens, other than it is one from the selection of recently opened/saved files shown. See attachment.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

20. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base