2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Can you also please try after turning Off the OS app “Enable Ask Siri” ? One of the users has got it working after turning that off.

2. Version info disappeared from “Get Info” of Finder

macOS 10.12.6
    CC 22.1

For ai files saved using v22.1, version info is not displayed in “Get Info” of Finder.
    When checking with xattr command, com.apple.ResourceFork did not exist in those file.
    Did the specifications change?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Resource Fork in .ai files are removed in version 22.1. This is done to prevent an intermittent crash while saving Illustrator files to smb volume on macOS 10.13. Apple deprecated resource fork many years ago.

Following Apple document talks about deprecations that lead to removal of Resource From .ai files
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/releasenotes/General/CarbonCoreDeprecations/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012224-CH1-SW28

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreservices/carbon_core/file_manager?language=objc

3. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

4. Copy and paste doesn't always work

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with Illustrator. When I copy an object with the ctrl + c button and try to paste them it randomly doesn't work.

The problem is that I can't replicate it on command. At first I thought it had something to do with the laptop that I used, but it also happens on a freshly installed desktop.

My version of Illustrator is 22.0.1

I also checked the copy paste functions under the edit tab, and when I copied something it didn't show the ability to paste it. It could also only have something to do with…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Files not saving correctly, reopens to older versions.

Twice this week I've saved files, closed them, and opened them later and my changes were not saved – illustrator opened way older versions of the files. What's weirder is one is a PDF, and the PDF shows the accurate file, but when I open it in illustrator it shows the old version.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Artboard selection bugs in Illustrator CC 2018

There are a number of bugs related to Illustrator CC 2018 losing artboard selection (no highlight in the artboard list in the artboard panel), and losing sync between actual artboard selection and displayed (highlighted) selection. These include:

When copying an artboard by dragging and dropping it onto the New Artboard icon in the Artboard panel, and then dragging that new artboard to a new position in the artboard list, the selection is displayed on the new artboard in its new location, but in fact, the original artboard is still selected. Double-clicking on the new artboard does NOT move selection to…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Gradient Annotator tool bug

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

9. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3

2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash

3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas

4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh,
    Illustrator Team

10. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Local file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

LOCAL file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

Even though I only work on my local drive, opening or saving a simple document takes up to 2 minutes when I'm connected to a slow VPN connection server. Note: I don't open/save through the VPN, I only opens and saves from my local drive.

The second I close the slow VPN connection, Illustrator works like normal and saves the same file in <3 seconds.

So -- What is Illustrator doing accessing that VPN connection when everything it needs is on the local disk?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

14. Saving a PDF compatible causes slow saving

I have a top end workstation so the spec isn't an issue. When saving an AI file, checking PDF compatible slows the save and subsequent saves significantly. Un-checking it results in normal performance. This was not an issue prior to the latest release.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Illustrator CC 2018(Mac) Crashes every time I save

Every time I save Illustrator quits and creates a weird .tmp pdf file? forcing me to save as every time I need to save

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

17. Spacebar not working all the time for hand tool shortcut after 2020 update

After the 2020 update the spacebar shortcut sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Restart didn't improve things. The same thing happens with Photoshop as well.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SVG Paths with marker endings render only the markers, not the paths

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected result: Illustrator should display a line with an arrow at the end.
    actual result: Illustrator displays only the arrow at the end.

also attached: image of problem behavior.

removing the marker-end attribute from the path in question will display the line.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base