3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient Annotator tool bug

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy and paste doesn't always work

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems with Illustrator. When I copy an object with the ctrl + c button and try to paste them it randomly doesn't work.

The problem is that I can't replicate it on command. At first I thought it had something to do with the laptop that I used, but it also happens on a freshly installed desktop.

My version of Illustrator is 22.0.1

I also checked the copy paste functions under the edit tab, and when I copied something it didn't show the ability to paste it. It could also only have something to do with…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. Preset icons on Home Screen

1. MBP running Mojave 10.14.6 and Illustrator 24.1

2. Launching Illustrator – Home Screen appears as expected

3. Have my prefs set to display Home Screen when no documents open

4. Icons representing default presets [Letter, Postcard, Common, etc] are not positioned above the labels/sizes as they usually are [see attached screenshot]

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is fixed in Creative Cloud CCXProcess 3.6.2 update. However, for an identified scenario the fix is not working. This issue happens with the content being not refreshed for quite some time. The team is working on a fix for clearing the cache in case they have not been refreshed.

Meanwhile, users can try the below steps to clear the cache to work around this issue.
    1. Clear HomeScreen data
         Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/CCX Welcome/
         Win: userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CCX Welcome\
    2. Restart CCXProcess
         Mac:
          In Activity Monitor, search for CCXprocess. Select and click on X button on top to kill the process
          Go to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/ and double click CCXProcess app
         Win:
          In Task Manager look for CCXprocess. Right-click and click End Task
          Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience and double click on CCXProcess app
    3. Wait a couple…

6. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

8. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

9. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Illustrator plays a <ding> sound when trying to move objects

I am attempting to move a vector object from one side to the next using my mouse. While selected, I attempt to move the object with my mouse and I am hearing a "ding" (as if there is a message pop up) and nothing. The object will not move (The layer is not locked), and there is no error message. The object will only move with the keyboard keys. Please help! I recently upgraded to CC2018.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

11. Select > Same > (Fill, Stroke, etc.) no longer working in charts

Adobe CC2018
    When using the direct selection tool to select a single element of a chart or graph, Illustrator no longer responds to the Select > Same > ... commands. This is a feature we rely upon for everyday capabilities when styling charts. When I try the command, it does not select anything within the chart. If I ungroup the chart, or use the Select > Same > (options) with other Illustrator shapes, it works as normal. The problem surfaced immediately after I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

12. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly confirm if you are still facing this issue with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator?

2) If yes, could you kindly follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

13. Background Save works but it thinks it's not working!

Illustrator 2020 v24.0, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

1. As I'm working on a .AI file, I periodically save, expecting the saving to complete in the background.

2. The save completes - I can tell that by looking at the file using QuickLook in the Finder, but...

Expected Result: I expect the asterisk to go away, and I expect to have no dialog when I click close.

Actual Result: The "I'm not a saved document" asterisk is still in the title bar, and if I click the close button, I get a "your document won't be saved" dialog.

I'm uploading a screenshot.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.

Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file. Please let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks and Regards,
    -Juhi Varshney
    Illustrator Team

14. Closing while saving dialogue box has a grammatical error.

The close-while-saving dialogue box says "Close anyways" as an option which bugs me because it should read as "anyway" not "anyways." The latter is grammatically incorrect. Not to mention that "getting saved" is also wrong and should be "being saved"

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release, where we have redesigned this dialog. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

15. Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K)

In Illustrator CC2019 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

16. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to retain the last active artboard on switching from another file

This is related to this issue here, though I'm unable to vote or comment on it. So I'm reposting this issue, because it's still annoying.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I ⌘+Tilde (~), on certain documents (the setting seems to be saved to a document), it automatically Fits Artboard to Screen on the last artboard of the document. It is confusing, and annoying, and interrupts workflows where I need to move quickly between artboards. Please fix this.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

18. Artboard selection bugs in Illustrator CC 2018

There are a number of bugs related to Illustrator CC 2018 losing artboard selection (no highlight in the artboard list in the artboard panel), and losing sync between actual artboard selection and displayed (highlighted) selection. These include:

When copying an artboard by dragging and dropping it onto the New Artboard icon in the Artboard panel, and then dragging that new artboard to a new position in the artboard list, the selection is displayed on the new artboard in its new location, but in fact, the original artboard is still selected. Double-clicking on the new artboard does NOT move selection to…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

19. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

20. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base