Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7416 results found

1. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Shift hold (Constrain angle) within gradient use not working

When I shift hold a gradient now it doesn't snap (constrain angle) in Illustrator. I've checked my general settings and constrain angle is set to 0°... have I missed something? Version 23.0

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bullets and Numbering characters disappear when outlining font

As per my title - If I use bullets and numbering in a text box, when I outline the text in the text box the bullets and numbering completely disappear.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zoom with Alt+wheel is way too sensitive in new v27.3 to the point of being unusable

This has just started with the new update to v27.3 using the Alt and the scroll wheel now causes intermittent massive jumps in zoom. Updated all my Logitech software. Running latest everything so reverting to 27.2 as this makes Illustrator unusable. How on earth did this get through any sort of testing?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Performance is extremely slow when using show grids in outline preview

macOS Big Sur 11.4, Illustrator 25.3.1

When switching to outline mode when using show grids, it is almost impossible to keep on working as everything is in slow motion, as if the graphic card is unable to cope. This occurs with a 500 kb file that was trouble free before the last updates.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It turns out the problem is fixed only partially in 26.3.1, only for some users, and the performance remains slow when grid is rendered with lines or dots in Outline mode. This applies to zooming, panning and ghosting of objects being moved.

Please help the team by providing your specs and answers to these questions:

1. Does it work fine with grid as dots in Preivew / Outline mode?

2. Does it differ from grid as lines in these modes?

3. What is slow for you exactly? How severe?

4. Is there a difference if you disable 'Grids In Back' option?

5. What are you lines/subdivisions settings?

And any other related feedback is appreciated. Let's track it down and get this really fixed.

7. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

9. cmd+shift+n doesn't create new folder in Finder-Save-Dialouge anymore after last update

When you save a file (save as, save, save copy, ...) you can not create a new folder via cmd+shift+n anymore after the latest 24.0.1 "bug fix update" which I received today.

Please fix this again!

(Mac OS 10.13.6 / Illustrator 24.0.1

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

10. Blob Brush leaves temporary marks

When I'm moving around the cursor, without pressing any buttons, and have the Blob Brush tool selected I get these marks. They disappear if I switch to the selection tool.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

11. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. White is now yellow

All my colors with todays 10/16/18 update have shifted and have lost their embedded color file. (When opening previous work). My white swatch is yellow. But when placed in Indesign it is white as well well as the color makeup 0000. Hiw can i fix this?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Warm Regards,

13. Gestures Broken

Gestures (e.g. pinch to zoom, two finger panning) don't work in Illustrator for me anymore. They used to work just fine on both my Wacom tablet and laptop's touchpad, but now don't work for either. They work in Photoshop, just not Illustrator, so I'm not sure if it's an option that's been deselected or an actual bug, but I can't find the option if so. I can usually scroll vertically, pinch to zoom sometimes scrolls horizontally instead, and I can't use gestures to actually zoom at all.
    Version: Illustrator 2017

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

15. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

16. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

17. Tilde key to move a pattern within shape not working

My Tilde/Graves accent key is no longer working to transform a pattern within an object. Normally, I can rotate or move around a pattern when I hold it down without moving the object. It hasn't worked since my last update.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

19. Fix Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library Reference - VB scripts return error

Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library is broken when attempting to Reference from Visual Studio.

VB.Net or C# projects attempt to add the reference from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Plug-ins\Extensions\Scripting Support.aip, and give the attached error.

My idea, is for Adobe to fix it!

Older versions work fine.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2

Warm Regards,

20. Rotate tool Alt click and Wacom tablet

Hey :)
    I use illustrator CC 2017.

I use my Wacom intuos for almost everything since it is easier and I am comfortable to it than using mouse.

I use Rotate tool to copy objects in circle with a center point.( Select Rotate tool, Hold Alt and click to choose the center of the object) .

When I use wacom tablet to achieve this, the Center point keeps floating with the mouse pointer. I have to use my mouse to click to set a center point.
    I have used it in multiple computers and with other wacom devices too. I…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base