4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pressure option for brush is greyed out in AI while using Wacom Tablet

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure senstivity option on?

Please help.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator Known Issue - Adobe Illustrator crash when run running around 30 minutes on multiple document.

Hello Adobe Team,
    There is known issue on Page 13 of the below link

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/illustrator/pdf/AIScriptGd2017.pdf

In our process we work around 2000 to 2500 documents in one go. Could you guys address this issue as soon as possible.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Problem described in this thread arises due to using a single script for processing thousands of files without changing the context.

A single script is executed in a single context inside the Illustrator application and we don’t have any mechanism to pause the script for changing the context thus allowing the OS to recover the resources used in this context.

So instead of using a loop inside the script that is being executed inside the Illustrator application, we are suggesting to use CEP extensions and sending the script to Illustrator for execution in the loop. Now the user can create a string that may contain all the commands that need to be done for a single document and can have loops in the CEP extension to create these strings for each document and send a signal to Illustrator for the execution of these commands. In this fashion user can process…

3. AI 22.1 Open single page of multipage PDF now a 2-step process?

WHY, of WHY did you ***** this up? Formerly you could open a single page of a multipage PDF by simply clicking the arrows under the thumbnail. Once you found the page you want, you click open and there it is. Now, no matter what you do, the Pages Range is stuck on 1-1 (of xx). You now have to type in the number. PITA! Please fix this back to the old way.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

With the introduction of multipage PDF open it is not possible for us to tie the range field to the thumbnail previews. It is not possible for us to predict the user intent just based on previews he/she has seen. Here is one example user preview pages 1 to 3 and then decided to open pages 1-2.

4. "To preserve appearance some text has been outlined"

I recently sent a PDF file generated from InDesign (CC2018) to a book manufacturer from which they were to make a brass die to stamp a binding, just as I have done for about twenty years. A proof was sent back to me in which the 1/2pt rules had thickened to about 3pts and some of the type had thickened, too. I complained and they sent me another proof, in which the rules were ok, but most of the type had thickened.

I wondered how this could have happened, so I did some experiments. I opened the PDF in Illustrator…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PDF is intended for Output and Document Sharing. In any workflow, if the content is to be modified without any data loss then the native file format should be used for editing. InDesign document or Illustrator document should be used to edit the content.

5. Cut master 3 not working after update

Illustrator just updated to CC2018 and now my cutmaster 3 plug-in is not working or in the file tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please contact plugin developer and get a plugin compatible with the CC 2018. You also have a choice to install previous release of Illustrator to ensure uninterrupted work till you procure CM plugin that is compatible with latest release.

6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. outline view does not work

I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING.

it doesn't work, even if i try to make only outlines , i can see the preview

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Jagged Edges on Vector objects

I've tried just about everything I can think of, but no matter what I do my vector objects are showing jagged edges, almost like I've used a brush preset, but I haven't. It's extremely distracting, please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back progress bar for saving AI files

Can we please go back to having a progress bar when saving an AI file? The saving in the background is nice, but the saving percentage text just doesn't do it for me, plus, the pop-up dialog box that comes up while saving is very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extremely slow "export for screens" and saving

I'm suffering a performance reduction in my workflow thanks to the latest update (23.0). I usually have at least five artboards per file project--sometimes up to 20. I used to export designs within 30 seconds and now it takes up to 5 minutes.

I haven't change anything in terms of hardware or workflow. My exports are slow no matter if the file goes to the server or to my hard drive. This is driving me crazy!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Illustrator CS6 does'nt work on macOS Hight Sierra

Hi,
    waht can I do to use Illustrator CS5 on macOS Hight Sierra.
    InDesign work very well, but Illustrator can't open.

Thank tou very much !

Geneviève

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pathfinder panel missing

Hi,
    I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to find an answer for after spending some time researching it.
    I just downloaded Illustrator CC and I went into windows to turn on the pathfinder panel. It was an available option so I was able to turn it on, but no panel is displayed as per usual. Any idea how to fix this? I tried resetting my workspace preferences and restarting the program to no avail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Creating an L*a*b* swatch does not maintain L*a*b* values.

Creating an Lab swatch does not maintain Lab values.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Diagonal Lines

Hi, I've just updated my Creative Cloud to 2018, but when using the Illustrators, every time I push ctrl button or use the direct tool, these diagonal lines appear. Is there a way to make the line disappear? Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Saving AI to EPS produces 2 EPS "clones"

Standard procedure in my Art Dept. is to save AI files as EPS when going to press. This includes outlining all fonts and embedding all images.

For at least the last several months, I've often found that when I save an AI file as an EPS, it creates two nearly identical EPS "clones"...meaning they have virtually the same file name but are slightly different in size. An example result for saving "file_name.ai" would be:

filename.eps
    file
    name-01.eps

In all cases, the file without the "-01" would be slightly smaller in size (i.e., 4.3MB compared to 4.6MB), but aside from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe Illustrator CC impossibly slow on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

We are running Mac OSX 10.12.6 on new iMac.

Is it too much to ask for enhanced performance for a robust iMac retina with 40gb of ram? What with the $600+ annual subscription fee and all... c'mon... Adobe Illustrator CC is lethargic. Just don't get it... where are the updates to enhance performance and improve compatibility with newer macs. This is a vector-based program.

If anybody can offer assistance, thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Request you to please add specific bugs. We could not find anything actionable on the report hence closing it.
    You may also contact Adobe support with your problem so that we can track your issue better.

19. Artboard name - Export for screens bug

Latest version of CC.
    If you name an artboard with a "/" in the name - when you go to export for srceens and choose artboards - it'll report an error.

For example an Artboard called Sign In / Registration will produce an error when trying to save the artboard using "Export for Screens".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is working as designed.
    Windows has some limitation that is cannot have “/” and several other characters in the name of a file. So we restricted them from being added from Export for Screens dialog( for consistency purpose on both Windows and Macintosh ). Though we can have them from artboards panel but when you will export the artboard (through older route) those will be replaced by a “-”.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal

20. Pen tool issue since update 24.1.3(64bit)

When I go to use pen tool the cursor is 5mm away from the anchor point. When trying to draw with this there is a lot of jerking, and very little control. Also when moving vectors I have very little control over where it can be placed. Smart guides is no longer showing or working but is selected in menu. Not working today because of this. Thank you - Helen.

Microsoft Surface Studio 2
    Windows 10 64 bit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base