Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. color

i have been dealing with a color issue in Illustrator 25.2.1

all the colors changed to a weird colors and it became very slow even if the artwork size was small.
    i have attached 2 photos in cmyk and RGB i was trying to make the same color from the original artwork in both RGB and CMYK it's not the same.
    any one know why

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color Theme Window Cropped

Hello, for whatever reason my color theme window is being cropped, I am able to scale vertical but not horizontal. I tried going back a version, changing user interface and nothing will correct it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eye Dropper picks up the wrong values when sampling a filled clipping mask

I am using Mac OS 10.15.7 and am able to consistently reproduce this bug in both AI CC 2021 but as far back as AI CS5 running in Mac OS 10.6.8

When a fill is applied to a clipping mask, the eye dropper will pick up incorrect CMYK/RGB values. This is especially problematic when a pure black is replaced by a 4 color process build in the printing industry.

I would expect to eye drop the exact values applied to the object I've clicked on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Eyedropper making everything white

When I select a shape and try to use the eyedropper tool to make it the same color as another shape it turns white. All of my layers are unlocked and visible so I am not sure what it going on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Illustrator automatically changing colors

When you place image (RGB) into Illustrator it would preserve the color profile. Now it changes it automatically and this seems to be a common problem if you search the internet. Fix it as it makes this program far less useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pantone Connect

Hi there,

When trying to load the Pantone Connect Extension I see a black window instead of the swatches and other features of the extension. The only message I see is a purple link that says “reload plugin” which has no effect when I click on it. This was the case for the 2020 version when I tried it today, so I updated all my apps, thinking this might help. However, the same error occurs with the 2021 versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. When I last used the extension in summer last year, it worked great… has there been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apply gradient across stroke

I have applied a gradient to my brush tool. I want to change the stroke so that the gradient is across the stroke. I click on that option, but the appearance of my stroke does not change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Appearance and coloring issues

Appearance of grouped elements is having the old issue on appearance, that individual color properties of the elements are visible on the grouped elements, so making coloring a troublesome stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Freeform gradient doesn't export to svg

When using a freeform gradient in Adobe Illustrator (desktop) it does not export to svg. Instead it takes out the gradient and leaves the fill empty.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adobe color themes not responding

I am using Illustrator on my desktop, and it is the 2020 version. I'm trying to use the adobe color themes but when I click on it, it opens to a blank white window. I tried restarting my computer and exiting out of the folder, to no avail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Consistence in editing common values

E.g. when two HSB colors voth have 100% saturation, a selection containing those objects should allow to edit their saturations simultaneously.

But Ai leaves the field empty - as if the values where different.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lost extra Pantone Colours after Illustrator 2021 update

I have registered a Pantone booklet and downloaded the PANTONE colour manager to gain the extra missing Pantone swatch colours. This was working fine but after the 2021 update I have lost them.

I have tried going back into the Pantone Colour Manager and re-updating the newest colour books I want (PANTONE Solid Coated-V4 and PANTONE+ Solid Coated-336). But the Applications to apply them to as options are only InDesign and Photoshop. If I click the + button below to Add Illustrator to the list, it says I have to click the Browse button and locate the Illustator.exe file. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recolor artwork modal panel stays in place

The new recolor art modal panel doesn’t remember it’s previous position and always appears in the center of my window. Is this expected ?

If it could be non modal and docked in my custom
    UI I would appreciate too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Objects stuck in RGB colour space in a CMYK document

I'm working on a print document in CMYK and reusing some elements from a file created in RGB. When I go to change the colour of the text for example in the new CMYK doc it refuses to let me change the object to CMYK.

For instance, I want the text to be 85% K but whenever I input these swatch values it automatically switches back to RBG (R77 G77 B79).

This has been happening in Illustrator on my desktop for months, it's something I run into almost daily even after updating the software.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. color theme

my color theme isnt working. it just apppears to loading since forever

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding swatch to Libraries automatically creates spot color

Adding a swatch from Illustrator into a Library automatically turns the color into a spot color. I need it to be a process color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Illustrator 25.0 color not right

This is NOT an IDEA it's a bug.
    Colours in the newest version of illustrator are wrong.
    Attached is a screen grab of the file in 25.0 and work uploaded from the same file (previous version) on a web site. We've been through all this before with previous updates… why such shocking inconsistency with a professional product?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gradients no longer working on live text in Illustrator v25.0

Trying to mock up a gradient on text to represent a reflective light on it when printed. Before the update I know this worked, but in v25.0 gradients on live text appear black. Example attached with text in a random solid colour, and text in a random gradient appearing black.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the color theme panel is not working

I use the MacBook Pro 13" , version 10.15.7.

the color theme panel is not working on illustrator alone. it works perfectly on photoshop. tried restarting the system too. No difference at all. it is just stuck at loading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base