Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

387 results found

1. Cannot modify Fill and Stroke color of objects

Sometimes when the object is selected (think it is the select tool activated by A) I cannot modify the color of the stroke or fill. The popup menu that I usually use for this does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. swatch panel missing

The swatch panel is completely missing all of the sudden. This is a PERTINENT feature for me and needs to be fixed ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. カラーコード入力で色を変えると戻れない

Illustrator 26.2.1
    windows10 21h1

カラーモードRGBでカラーパネルもRGBでの作業で、カラーコード(#と6桁)を打ち込んで色を変え、前の色に戻したいなとctrl+z(取り消し)を押すと挙動がおかしいです。
    まったく戻らなかったり、カラーコードを打ち込む前の操作に戻ったりします。

コミュニティに投稿し、再現されている方がいるのでバグだと思います。

ご対応のほどよろしくお願い致します。

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0-discussions/%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E6%89%8B%E6%89%93%E3%81%A1%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B%E3%81%A8%E6%88%BB%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/td-p/12870738

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  PCM Maro responded

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「カラーパネルの RGB カラーコードでの色変更が、操作(アクション)として正しく認識されない現象」の再現を確認いたしました。

開発の対応状況などは、こちらでご報告できればと存じます。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

4. Editing pattern or symbol changes selected layer

Upon exiting edit mode for symbols or patterns the selected layer will change to the top-most layer. It should remember the selected layer prior to entering edit mode and maintain that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Illustrator changing color values every time I reopen program v 26.0.2

I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro and I'm using illustrator from the cloud version 26.0.2 on Mac Monterey v 12.1. Every time I close out a file and reopen it the hex colors are changed. I have never touched the setting on my colors. I've attached an example below. You can see that when I was previously working in the file I listed the hex code, but now when I open it it is different. Please help. This is making my branding impossible and I'm turning in projects incorrectly as a result.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Color values of existing objects change when images are placed by drag & drop

A bug report was received on the Japan Forum stating that when an image with a color profile embedded that differs from Illustrator's color settings is placed by drag-and-drop, the color values of existing objects are changed.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem.
    Save the image with Adobe RGB (1998) embedded as an example.
    Specify sRGB in Illustrator's color settings and set a color management policy other than "None".

Under the above conditions, when an image file is dragged and dropped onto a document, the color values of the existing objects are changed.
    This behavior may be a…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recolor - Color Theme Picker don’t work

The Theme Color Picker doesn’t work when...
    In a document with artworks and images,

1. Select artworks and click the Recolor icon, then go to Advanced Option.
    2. Enable [Open Advance Recolor Artwork dialog on launch]
    3. Quit Illustrator
    4. Open Illustrator
    5. Select artworks
    6. Click the Recolor icon in Control Panel
    7. Disable [Open Advance Recolor Artwork dialog on launch]
    8. Close the Recolor Windows
    9. With the Artworks still selected
    10. Click the Recolor icon in Control Panel again
    11. Click the Color Theme Picker
    12. Click on an image in the document

Results: Nothing!

To make it works again, we need to close the illustrator application and reopen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator keeps oversaturating the color space even though modes/swatches are set correctly.

When opening a file (usually with photography), illustrator will oversaturate all the colors regardless of color settings. Everything will be set to consistent CMYK settings but the colors show up so saturated and it's impossible to work in that space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CC Library to Illustrator Swatch: Name Length Bug Creates Magenta Spot Color

When adding a Color Swatch to Illustrator from the CC Library:

If the CC Library item's name is over a certain number of characters, Illustrator cannot import the swatch correctly.

Instead, Illustrator imports the CC Library color as a Magenta Spot Color.

The only workaround currently is to shorten the CC Library item's name to match the maximum allowed characters for an Illustrator Swatch, and then import the color.

FIX: Allow more characters for Illustrator Swatch names to be compatible with with CC Library character length for items.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creating a new swatch group from selection adds swatches that aren't used anywhere.

At the end of a project, I like to select everything on an artboard and create a swatch group with "Convert Process to Global" checked in order to clean up my swatches and make final global tweaks to color.

Often a handful of swatches will be added that aren't apparently used anywhere. I can verify this by selecting the swatch as a fill or stroke, then choosing Select > Same Fill (or Stroke) color. Nothing will be selected for either option. So is this a glitch, or how else can I find and delete the source of the swatch?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fehlendes abspeicher neuer farbfelder

Kann keine neuen Farbfelder abspeichern, geschweige denn sie in der Bibliothek unterzubringen, noch die Standardfarben zu löschen… Wäre schön wenn man das über ein plussymbol hinbekommen könnte… plus neuen Farbenamen als Kategorie in die man die neuen Farbfelder speichern kann und beim antippen der Kategorie die Möglichkeit in Bibliothek zu speichern…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The name "Black" is automatically blocked when creating global swatches

If you create a new global color swatch, regardless of the breakdown, the name "Black" is automatically blocked. The name "White" is not.

It seems silly to call this issue out, but I've prepared logo libraries for eight and a half years now, and this has been an ongoing consideration. When I create a black swatch, there is always an extra step. Sometimes I intentionally misspell the name to create the swatch, or I create a non-global swatch with the correct name, but in both scenarios I have to adjust the swatch AFTER it is created to produce a black…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Global Color swatch copied into new document even if not used on element being copy/pasted.

Problem: create a square with stroke=0 and fill=100% black. Copy and paste into new document and color swatches are okay. Now go to first document and add a Global Color swatch (i.e. Pantone Green) but don't add it to the square (so it's still stroke=0 / fill=100% black). Copy the square and paste it into a new document. For some reason, that Global Color (Pantone Green) swatch is added to the swatch palette of the new document. Now choose 'Select All Unused', the Pantone Green is selected to prove it's not being used in the element (square) you copy/pasted from…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Color Guide not working

I'm working on a project and when i try to use the color guide to copy a color it doesn't let me put the color in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CMYK Files Colors are Displaying as RGB in Illustrator 2022 Version 26.0.1

(Illustrator 2022) Open a new CMYK file, create a box, color Breakdown "87-75-0-0 "select the same CMYK color Breakdown "87-75-0-0 " (In Color Picker) that is clearly showing a darker color then what is behind the open select box.

Screen Shot 2
    Open a new CMYK file in Illustrator (2021). Same process as above, now CMYK colors appear correct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pantone swatches being deleted even after adding them to the correct folder

Our graphic users need to use additional Pantones in Adobe illustrator. In order to do that, they copy some Pantone files to the AI's Pantones folder on the local machine. When they open AI, they can see and use the Pantone. The problem is, that after they close the AI application, it the Pantone files being deleted automatically from the AI's pantone folder. Therefore, they copy the Pantones to the AI's folder each time they need to use it, which is very discouraging.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Color guide issue/bug

When I click on color in "color guide" it doesn't work. So shape has (let's say) "old" color. I can click on "new" color 10 times and nothing happen. Some colors works, some colors doesn't response.
    PLEASE FIX.
    Thanks!

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 Illustrator 2022 26.0.1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Saving to Creative Cloud is Changing My Patterns

This has to do with repeating patterns. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2021, desktop.
    Attached is a picture of 2 circles on a background (shield your eyes, it isn't pretty :-)). When I make the pattern - in this case, the circles were drawn with the blob brush - the inside of the 2 circles is empty and we can all see the background. It's a ring. When I pull that pattern out of swatches, however, it will color in that background. In this one, it's black. It changes depending on the pattern and the colors I'm using. And it is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

19. Color changed automatically

Posts screenshots of saved files every 3 days. It is a clipboard without any additional work. The color automatically darkens slightly. An ever-increasing problem is causing major problems with our schedules. Please come up with a way to solve it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spot Colors in Linked or Embedded Images can be Renamed in Swatches Palette, breaking functionality

Double clicking a spot swatch in the Swatches Palette allows you to rename the swatch. In past versions, Illustrator would not allow you to rename the spot swatch if it was used in a linked or embedded image. Now the spot swatch can be renamed whether or not it is used in an image. There is no warning that the spot being renamed is in use. After renaming the spot swatch, the Swatches Palette does not show the spot actually used in the image. Changing the color values of the spot swatch before renaming changes the appearance of the image,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base