Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1111 results found

1. Incorrect stroke-width on Import of SVG

I've converted a series of EPS graphics to SVG using Inkscape. Most of these graphics have a "transform" attribute that is used to reduce the dimensions/stroke-width of each path. On open, Illustrator handles the dimensions correctly, but does not appear to apply the stroke-width correctly. I've written a PHP script that removes the transform by manually overriding each coordinate/stroke and the SVG's seem to now work correctly. Here's the link to the library if anyone wants to try it:

https://github.com/bpopp/svgtransform/

There's also a more in-depth description of this bug.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Save as SVG" exports mojibake-parttern-ID when it contains CJK character

Illustrator CC 2018 (v22.1) on Windows 7

When I save the attached document as SVG in any setting, the stripe patterns had gone completely. I checked up the exported SVG file and noticed the pattern ID defines itself correctly, but actual tag id referenced by "xlink:href" attribute is a wrong mojibake-ID.

And I know this will not happen when use "Export for Screen". It export correctly, but not scriptable. I think it very strange...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. missing id in exported svg

When I export the attached .ai file to svg, the result does not contain the id of the r14 rectangle.
    Before you say "well just add it in manually", please consider that this is a simplified version and that the real thing would contain dozens, even hundreds of objects.
    Note that I am not using the artboard. The idea is to use this svg to be animated by the GreenSock javascript library.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot Francis for filing the issue. Please feel free to open a new issue if you should experience the issue again or another one.

Greetings,
    Dirk

4. svg not opening correctly in Illustrator CC

When opening a .svg file Illustrator (creative cloud 2018) is opening a blank canvas. However a co-worker who is working off a previous version of illustrator (2015 I think) is able to open the file correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

5. Save for web - image size percentage not working

When using save for web option, the image size percentage is not changing even when a new number is put in there. It is only saving as 100%. Sometimes it allows me to increase the percentage, but more times then less it saves as 100% no matter what number I type in there. I am using the creative cloud version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Changing size in export doesn't change size

When exporting files via Save As, if I change the size, it doesn't update the actual export size until I do something else, like toggle the clip to artboard on and off or change from optimize for Art to for type. This has been a persistent error across versions of Illustrator and MacOS for some time.

Once you hit tab to leave that portion of the export dialogue, it should update without any additional steps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Importing Multiple Page PDF

When importing multiple page PDFs the sizing changes when you embed to work on the files. It is a small change but a change nonetheless. i.e. my 1.4" became 1.5". Something that you will not notice until it's too late. Importing single pages has no problems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Link and Resolution

lately i have working with some client adobe file and i notice that there is some problem or bug i usually come across. The first one is some time file that i open contain the image link that support link to high resolution image but appear in low resolution, when it print out the pixel is damage, this matter only solve be re-link the image to high resolution image. The second one are more severe, some time the file that i have already link or re-link to high resolution image and save but when i reopen the file, the image…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator CC 2018 for Mac Hangs up When Reading an EPS File

Illustrator CC 2018 for Mac hangs up when I attempt to read the attached EPS file. I have been using Illustrator to read this type of EPS file for years with no difficulties. I have to force-quit Illustrator to continue. I attach a sample file that hangs up Illustrator on my system. Just in case you need to know, my system has all updates installed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AI from PDF keeps old thumbnail/preview

I often get someone's source documentation in PDF.

Yes, we should get source. No, it seems we can't get the soruce.

So - I open the PDF in Illustrator and save the useful chunks - graphics mostly - as separate files in .ai format, pdf-compatable.

For whatever reason, those docs usually will not preview correctly in Win Explorer or when browsing from ID to place as a graphic.

It seems there's some preview/thumbnail info from the original PDF that lingers in the AI file - even though it was a multi-page file, and I'm only using a piece of it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Local file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

LOCAL file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

Even though I only work on my local drive, opening or saving a simple document takes up to 2 minutes when I'm connected to a slow VPN connection server. Note: I don't open/save through the VPN, I only opens and saves from my local drive.

The second I close the slow VPN connection, Illustrator works like normal and saves the same file in <3 seconds.

So -- What is Illustrator doing accessing that VPN connection when everything it needs is on the local disk?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

12. Recent File Opens Up Blank Without My Saved Work

I recently saved a file/project I was working on. The next day when I went to go open the recently saved file it opened a blank page. None of the layers were shown, and the size was not right. I tried restarting my computer but still the same thing occurred. It was like the art I drew was not even there. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unable to create bitmaps in photoshop. They are corrupted and appear solid black in the preview window. The bitmaps print as solid black whe

Unable to create bitmaps in photoshop CC 2018. They are corrupted and appear solid black in the preview window. The bitmaps print as solid black when printed from a CC illustrator 2018 file. I always thought that bitmaps were compatible with illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Open file that is already open deletes unsaved changes without prompt

If a document is already open and have changes that aren't saved and the user accidently opens the same file, the file closes without giving the user a chance to save changes...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When importing .psd files just saved they appear as colorful bitmap gibberish

Multiple time and duplicated by co-worker. I will create a .psd file, save then when placed, they appear in Illustrator as "Op Art", a colorful nonsensical bitmap. I have to entirely close out of the program to correct. These files are fine in previews, bridge and in Photoshop/ Also fine once Illustrator regains sobriety.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save Adobe PDF compression resolutions are mixed up

When you go to Save As and select PDF, and go into the Compression tab there are three sections of settings for image qualities and resolutions, Color, Grayscale and Monochrome. The bug is that the Monochrome Bitmap settings are ignored and grayscale settings are used instead.

If you look at my PDF export settings screen shot you will see that Monochrome was supposed to export at 600dpi and Grayscale at 200. The Monochrome image in the resulting PDF file came out at 200 dpi instead. The Grayscale image came out at 200 dpi as well.

Thanks! Hope it gets fixed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Slow/Won't Export/Won't Save

Have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC and the errors and error message are constant when exporting and saving.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator 22.1 doesn't store version information in the metadata

In previous versions of Illustrator I could view which version of Illustrator a file was saved as, and the version that created it, in 'Get info' in the Mac finder. For example: 'Version: Saved As v.15 Created by v.22.0.1'. This info now isn't saved with the file as shown on the attached screenshots. For us this was a very useful for checking what version a file had been saved for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. svg export for screens distorted

Vectors getting quite distorted creating svgs of logos even with 5 decimal places and no minify. I've had to copy and paste into Sketch then export svgs from there, not ideal at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Computer restarted and I lost all unsaved work in Illustrator

Usually I get some sort of message that tells me I have unsaved work that was recovered but this time I did not. Illustrator wasn't even showing the most recent files to open. Using Illustrator CC version 22.0.1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base