Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Effects Preview Checkbox Has No Effect After First Check

Version 24.0 (64-bit)

When applying an effect to a path in Illustrator, checking the "Preview" checkbox will preview that effect, but unchecking the box does not return the path back to its original shape. To test:

Use the pen tool to draw a multi-segment shape.
    Select the shape
    Click Effect->Distort & Transform->Roughen
    Click the Preview checkbox (the effect should be applied)
    Click the Preview checkbox again (the effect will not be removed)

I've tested this with most of the previewable effects in the Effects menu and they all behave the same.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pathfinder options not working no matter what I do

Hi I am using Adobe Illustrator on a Windows PC and I was trying to use the Pathfinder Tool to simply 'minus front' some text on a shape for a logo I am trying to create. But, whenever I go to use the Pathfinder tool and click on in in the Windows Drop Down Menu - because its not even an option on the side bars?- nothing happens. I've tried to group the text and the shape as well as creating outlines but nothing is working. Nothing is popping up. I am simply trying to make transparent text in a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Small negatiive Offset Path Pica values don't work

Use Picas as document unit.
    Select an object
    Use Offset Path (Effect or Object Menu option)
    Try toEnter a small negative value like -0p5
    It wont allow you to use a negative value.between 0p0 and -0p11
    Switching to a different document unit works.
    See: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11113927#11113927

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rotate and scale appearance effects

When you have an appearnce (i.e. transform with move horizontal 1mm) and then rotate the object, it doesnt change the direction of the applied appearance. Our client insists that we cannot expand the appearances so it causes issues when applying to carton where the front and back panels are the same.

We also have similar issues with things like scaling objects with a gaussian blur effect applied, where it does not scale the number of pixels.

However feathering appearance does scale, so the application seems inconsistent.

There should be an option in the preferences as to whether rotation and scaling…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Weird Transparency Issue

So, I have a very odd quirk happening. When I changed an element from 100% opaque to 70% then copied it and grouped it. Now when I ungroup it the same element that was 70% opaque now thinks it is 100% opaque.

Essentially I can no longer make that element completely opaque anymore. I have to place another instance. This is a bit of a pain when I have resized or altered the placed element.

I am running the latest version of Illustrator as of this post.

I did some searching here and my issue is very similar to this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Freeform Gradients can't seperate into spot colors for rips

Freeform Gradients can't seperate into spot colors for rips. when prinitng them as spot colors. they come out like a cmyk print.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. transform effect negative numbers

This has been a problem for a long time -- not just the current version of Illustrator. When applying a transform effect to an object and using the "move" part of the effect, negative numbers get converted to positive numbers. Occasionally I can "fool" the effect by not previewing the results but that doesn't work often. This happens whether I type in the numbers by hand or use the slider.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drop shadows unnecessarily re-render when placing new images, slowing workflow

As of 5/22/18 using Illustrator 22.1, all existing drop shadow effects within document re-render each time a new image is placed. Rendering can take up to 30 seconds to process (a Progress dialogue box appears), which slows down workflow considerably.

This is never an issue with InDesign or Photoshop, so I'd love to see this fixed in Illustrator. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Illustrator CC 2018 Effect Menu Problem

When I open the Effect menu, then select any effect, the text on the window that opens is so tiny I can't see to make any adjustments. The window of the working image is fine and normal size but the text doesn't adjust. It worked before the update and Photoshop works fine. It's not my display. I have tried adjusting everything and compared all settings to my husbands laptop that works fine and hasn't been updated and they are the same. Adobe took control of my computer and couldn't figure it out. Hopefully somebody can!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D

White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D. Is there any solution to fix this.

Version: Adobe Illustrator 22.0.1

Expected result: 3D effect of the text layer without white lines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug - Element Transparency not adjustable after setting transparency once.

CC 2018
    Placing elements on pasteboard works fine. I adjusted the transparency of the element on layer to 40% over a red box. Now the element shows that transparency. If you try to revise the transparency the properties window shows the element at 100%. There is no way to adjust the transparency back to it's original 100% or know the current transparency.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Strokes on text container disappear with transform effect.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9763703#9763703

Create a text box.
    Deselect it.
    Direct select the container path.
    Give it a stroke.
    Select the text box and apply the Tansform effect.
    Stroke disappears.
    Delete the Transform effect.
    Stroke appears.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transparency mask bug

Pasting objects from the clipboard inside the Transparency mask mode doesn't work when the "Paste remember layer" feature is turned on inside the Layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graphic Styles lost, duplicated and hard to manage in general.

I have painstakingly applied graphic styles to hundreds of icons (the final icon library is for a large CAD application and comprises nearly 2600 icons) but all of a sudden, the styles are not recognised any more. Objects are still graphically the same but when I select an object, the styles panel does not light up where it should.
    I have been having trouble getting graphic styles to work properly with styles getting duplicated and the very clunky way of saving and reapplying graphic styles to objects. This issue just makes me think I shouldn't bother. What are Graphic Styles…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drop shadow jagged edge on placed images

When applying drop shadows on high quality png or psd images placed into illustrator, the edges end up jagged.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gradient along a stroke blend

When blending 2 gradient strokes (gradient along stroke) the blend orientation does not stay consistent with the 2 original strokes. I know I can get the required results with gradient within a stroke or converting outline path etc but I need to get it to work using 'gradient along stoke' for my purposes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ドロップシャドウを適用したオブジェクトをグレースケールに変換するとシャドウ部分がマスクされてしまう

macOS10.15.6 Illustrator ver.25.2.3

再現手順:
    1.長方形を作成し塗りを設定し、「効果→スタイライズ→ドロップシャドウ」を適用する。
    2.1のオブジェクトを選択した状態で「編集→カラーの編集→グレースケールに変換」を適用する。
    3.オブジェクトの下に適用されているドロップシャドウ部分がオリジナルの長方形をドロップシャドウパネルの「X軸オフセット・Y軸オフセット」分移動した状態の図形にてマスクされる。
    4.「分割・拡張」を適用してアピアランスを分割するとマスクされた状態でビットマップに落とされる。

期待する結果:
    シャドウをクリッピングせずにカラーの変更のみ行う。

実際の結果:
    シャドウがクリッピングされてしまう。

以前に報告されていた投稿がありましたが、一部に挙動の誤認があるため、新たにバグ登録を行いました。
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/38758498-ドロップシャドウのバグ
    また、光彩(外側)においても同様の挙動となります。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた現象を確認いたしました。
    追加検証を行ってまいります。

情報のアップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

18. NOKY error when resizing objects with Legacy Gaussian Blur

OS version: macOS 11.3.1
    Illustrator version: 25.2.3
    Attempting to resize any object with a Legacy Gaussian Blur effect results in error message: "The Operation cannot be completed because of an unknown error. [NOKY]". Object can't be resized without removing or replacing effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Placed strokes don't save scale once embeded

If you place an AI file with strokes, scale the placement and then embed the link the strokes go back to their original size before the scale. The strokes view the correct size until you embed it.

Scale strokes & effect is checked in the scale window and in the prefs. Any other setting/pref that can fix that? or is this just a bug?

AI Version 24.1.1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Weird Facets in Gradient Fill

Issue, rather than "Idea". Using a simple, gradient fill, in Illustrator CC 25.2.1, I'm getting these weird facets, rather than just a smooth transition. Anyone else have the same issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base