Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

32 results found

1. Can't create new file

When I click Create New... it comes up with a window but it doesn't have anything on it. All that comes up is the window with the title of %CCXFNFTDIALOG_NAME. It is really annoying since I can't create new project.

I'm on a Window 10 running Illustrator 23.0.1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. No icon - can't recognise file type.

Latest build Windows 10 with Ai 23.0.1 can't recognise the file and keeps asking what to open with. Additionally the icon is missing on all ai. files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please reinstall Illustrator. The functionality that you are referencing comes from the Windows operating system and re-associating file types using the Windows operating system should solve the issue.

3. Illustrator doesn't find color profile, which are shown in Indesign

Hi everybody,

I installed an eci color profile (pso-coated_v3) on my windows 10 computer (right-mouse-click, then install). In Photoshop CC and Indesign CC everything is fine, so it is installed correctly. But the new profile isn't shown in Illustrator CC.

I reopened Illustrator and also de- and reinstalled it...

Does anybody has got an idea, why the new profile doesn't show in in the color-settings of Illustrator?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes
    Rene

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I bought the adobe Illustrator but cant access the tutorials HELP please

I bought Illustrator but cannot get the tutorials but I can use Illustrator but the tutorials would help but you think every one has a photograpic memrory or I dont know why cannot cause need to get started or I cannot keep paying monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Possible Bug - Crop Image Auto Resizing Crop Box in New CC Illustrator 2019

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just a poorly executed new feature, but in the new Illustrator CC 2019 when you have a raster image in the file and you go to "Crop Image" the crop marquee automatically changes to a random size and shape instead of remaining at the edges of the image. I'm not sure if there is some hidden feature where it is trying to automatically detect where you might crop the image to by detecting the image edges, but this is super annoying when you are trying to do something like just adjusting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are referring to the content aware crop feature: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html#ContentAwareCrop

To turn this feature off please visit the Preference dialog (CMD+K) and turn off “Enable Content Aware defaults”

If I may suggest a workflow for you.
    1. Use linked images, they not only are fast but also save disk space.
    2. If you already have embedded images in your file, please use the unembed feature of Illustrator to export and link files automatically for you.
    3. All linked images have this feature of Edit Original where you can edit images in a software of your choice like Photoshop.
    4. If you have to share files to other users please make use of File menu>Package feature to collect everything including linked images and fonts in one directory.

6. 2019 update. Worst update ever! Why? Why did you move and change all the tools?????? None of them make sense or are intuitive anymore.

Worst update ever! Why? Why did you move and change all the tools?????? None of them make sense or are intuitive anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator provides two tool panels now: Basic (chosen by default) and Advanced (with all the tools, including plugin ones). This change was made to make Illustrator less clumped form the beginning and ease the learning process. You can read more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tools.html

You can also access all the tools from the 'drawer' menu, by clicking the button with three dots at the bottom of any toolbar.

As always, Ai doesn’t care much about our settings, and this time they forced this changes for everyone, not explaining the change directly in-app. Hope this gets improved.

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to reinstall CC2018?

How to reinstall CC2018? The updater removed it. CC2019 keeps failing to preview and then crashing!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Linked image cannot be moved by fill once it's scaled down to certain point.

An image file, size ~100cmx140cm, was imported into ai. Once it's scaled down to around 10mmx14mm, it can't be selected by its fill( even I zoomed really up close), I'll have to move it around by selecting it's bounding box. When I scale it up a little bit like 1mm, it fixes the problem. This is super annoying. Please fix it.

( I'm using the latest version to date.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

there is a zoom level on screen beyond which an object can become too small for all of widgets to be meaningfully operated on by the mouse cursor.
    Please zoom in a little so that the mouse cursor can fit in between the bounding bog and be able to select a fill area. this should solve the issue.
    If it does not Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

10. Viewing files when placing an image

For a short time recently when I choose File>place and navigate to my stock image folder, the most recently downloaded file appeared first. SUPER TIME SAVER (Using Windows 10). Now it seems this feature is gone and I have to sift through hundreds of files once again. I can set file explorer to sort by "date created" ie. date created ON MY COMPUTER, but I can't replicate this viewing option any more through Illustrator's place option. Any ideas?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unfortunately the feature that you are referencing is provided by Windows operating system. We use the Windows system fie open dialog to enable file place on your artboard.
    Please click on sort by date created this should resolve your problem.

11. Finecut Rasterlink

Cut path and Reg marks work fine
    Output to Rasterlink produces a Blank screen and freezes illustrator

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Image File open but not showing up

When using the latest version of Illustrator cc I open vector images the image file opens however it is not visible, I do get visibility briefly when the file is shut down or resized from maximised within the program. It is only a fleeting view and disappears again when reopened or maximised?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base