Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. 107 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. 97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't do changes to the containing folder - gude

A text file named "gude<current date>" is created in the destination folder. Can't do changes to the containing folder.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

4. Moving objects - error message "can't move the object"

I'm working with vectors and type. Since the update to CC2018, at random moments and in multiple files, I'll select a vector object and select some text, then try to move them, and I'll receive the error message "Can't move the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large". The problem is going to force me to revert back to the 2017 version of Illustrator - please make sure this is fixed ASAP. See attached screen grab.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have tried to fix the issue in the current release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in the update.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

PS: We are only referring to the issue that got introduced in CC 2018. As I can see there were few workflows that were existing even in older releases. Please log a separate request for it so that we all can track it better

5. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

6. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

7. After updating Illustrator 2023 to v27.9.2, the name gets changed to Illustrator 2024

After updating, the name should remain the original, Illustrator 2023.

using: macOS 12.7.4
    language: Japanese

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

9. Mouse right-click Select next Object Below does not work

When I right-click with the mouse on an object and try to select next object below it does not work/does nothing.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

11. Select > Same > (Fill, Stroke, etc.) no longer working in charts

Adobe CC2018
    When using the direct selection tool to select a single element of a chart or graph, Illustrator no longer responds to the Select > Same > ... commands. This is a feature we rely upon for everyday capabilities when styling charts. When I try the command, it does not select anything within the chart. If I ungroup the chart, or use the Select > Same > (options) with other Illustrator shapes, it works as normal. The problem surfaced immediately after I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

12. Illustrator 2022 Ver 26.0.1: Freezes/Crashes on Exit

Illustrator 2022 works fine, launches as usual. Yet when exiting the software, no matter if used or not, it freezes. The only way to properly exit the app is via Task Manager: End Process.

Software has already been stress tested, cleaned up and reinstalled. Issue doesn't persist in previous version.

System Information:
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎20-‎Jun-‎21
    OS build 19043.1288
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Crashing repeatedly 26.4.1

Since the update to Illustrator v 26.4.1 there have been repeated crashes.
    Crashes creating new document from template
    Crashing when copying and pasting objects into Illustrator and crashing when working in the document. Only using basic shapes, although some shapes do have legacy 3D effects on them.
    Windows 10 Enterprise Intel (R), Xeon(R) E-2276M CPU 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz RAM: 42.0 GB 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change in Text position for Type on Path

Illustrator 24.3 vers 25.2.2 sur Mac OS 10.14.6, le texte curviligne bouge d'une version à l'autre. Créer dans Illustrator 24.3 le résultat n'est plus le même à l'ouverture en Illustrator 25.2.2

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

17. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Illustrator 22.1 Not Usable Since Mojave Update

1. Mojave update on latest Illustrator CC version 22.1

2. Basic usage of Illustrator

3. Use Illustrator normally

4. Random mouse clicks, movements etc making illustrator unusable. It's as if the interface and cursor just has a mind of its own sometimes. Even happening with Illustrator CS6 - Photoshop and InDesign CC have no issues at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ILLUSTRATOR 2020 CRASHES ON SCRIPTS - SYMLINK - APPLE

Hi, We are using with our company the folder Scripts (Presets Illustrator) that is connected to a Cloud folder with a Symbolic Link (Apple) = Production workflow. It allways worked in previous versions but after installing Illustrator 2020 - Illustrator allways crashed when you go to main menu "File". Can you give us a solutions for this! Urgent issue for us !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rasterizing a clipped image/group of objects results in extra white space in the resulting image.

If I rasterize a clipped image, the result is the same size as the clipped image but with extra whitespace surrounding the clipping boundaries. Expected result, IMO, should be that the resulting image is only as large as the clipping object.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?