Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. The latest updates

I've missed advert deadlines, because even though I'm on the newest Macbook pro, Photoshop and Illustrator have been dysfuntional, with artboards glitching, font sizes not being adjustable and glitching to the maximum size before telling me the font's too big.

On top of this, the work often dissapears when zooming in and fonts do not sync with your type app.

So I pay money for a subscription because you are industry standard, yet I've now missed deadlines, been hung up on three times by your support staff and failed to receive confirmation that you are at least attempting to solve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. High Sierra 10.13

Es imposible trabajar con la aplicación ya que todo se colapsa por un lag extremo. Todas las herramientas se ven afectadas y ni siquiera crear un simple objeto resulta fácil debido a la lentitud. Mi equipo es un Macbook pro Mid 2014 intel i7 2.5 GHZ 16GB DDR3 de memoria Iris pro 1.536 MB y NVIDIA GT 750 2GB. Necesito ayuda urgente por favor,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can't preview artwork

Hi, I can't preview any artwork. However I can see the layers and when I drag the file, i can see the preview. Once i release the mouse, it turns black again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are so many bugs my brain is too fried to write them in. I can't do anything. Every two minutes something goes wrong.

Description says all.

I have an image with a bounding box that's extremely large (no, there's nothing else in the layers panel).

I have tried to export an object and was given the option for two different ones, even though there is only one (nope, no hidden duplicates).

Handles were missing when using direct select tool. Came back randomly for no reason.

And on and on and on.

You need to beta these 'updated' products before you encourage those of us who have paying clients and no time for this **** to download a new version.

I'm always excited for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clicking in Actions Window Crashes

Often times when I click anywhere in the Actions window, Illustrator will crash and close abruptly. No edits made to Actions are saved since the previous open. Makes using Actions like walking through a mine field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Demo version of Illustrator crashes constantly, destroying files.

Illustrator CC 21.1.0 (trial), MacBook Pro13,3 (15" with touch bar), macOS Sierra 10.12.3. It seems to happen mostly when editing colors or character/paragraph styles, but honestly it's hard to say, because it's seemingly random. I'd be happy to attach a copy of the file I was working on, but every version is gone now, even ones that were saved between crashes with different file names. You should have several crash reports via Apple, I hope. I can also upload console logs if needed, but I didn't find a folder for Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator stops working and closes

This is simple enough, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to, but this has been happening for years, every time I get started I do about an hour of work then its complains it has stopped working and closes! No save option, no autosave, no back up, nothing!

A very simple way to fix this, have an autosave!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Crash when vectorising any image

Hello, I have an Adobe Cloud account and am using the latest version of illustrator CC. I cannot vectorize images any more. It crashes whatever setting I use.

I tried to desactivate the GNU processor but to no avail. I tried on several images kind and format, but Illustrator won't accept any. They do open and the vectorization begins but it crashes before finishing. and no explanation is given just that a problem occured and that the application will close.

This is very problematic as I need to vectorize images. Please help me, Adobe-Kenobi, you are my only hope !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we are closing the ticket due to lack of communication.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base