Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

45 results found

1. Font Filter

Using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018.

I have the filter on for all font classes but when I click the similar fonts icon "No results found" comes up.

First image result in CC 2018. Second image result in CC 2017

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Font point size change

In the new CC 2018 release, when changing font point sizes, the program registers every keystroke entered in the font size field of the character box. For example, if piece of text is set to size 10, and you want to change it to size 15, entering "15" into the character panel changes the font briefly to size 1, until the 5 is entered and then it changes to 15. When undoing this change using command-z, the it requires two keystrokes to return from 15 to 10, because the first undo returns it to size 1, and the second then…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

3. Numbers disappear in text box when creating outlined text

On illustrator CC 2020 updated windows 10
    creating a text box with text and numbers.
    Aligning paragraph direction in right to left (middle eastern text alignment)
    Right click on text box
    Create outlines
    The numbers will disappear
    In the attached file there is a live text and an outlined one when the numbers disappeared

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. On applying tracking via Properties panel, Illustrator issues like Tracking of complete paragraph changes , Bounding Box gets invisible

MacOS, multiple versions, multiple hardware configs
    Illustrator CC2018 & 2019

This has been reported on a number of other posts, but seems to keep being reposted as new entries, rather than upvoted.

Since CC2018 the ability to adjust tracking in Illustrator has been broken. This appeared to begin with the introduction of the Properties Panel in CC2018, but the issues extend to the 'normal/traditional' Character Panel as well.

When adjusting tracking on a single letter or group of letters, the program will glitch and the adjustment value shown in the panel will not reflect the value being incremented. Moreover, deselecting…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. 異なるバージョンで、文字の間に「ー」が出現する

macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
    Illustrator 2021 v26.0.1

1 v25.2で、テキストボックス内に「株式会社○○○」と打つ
    2 v26.0.1で開くと、「株式会社ー○○○」のように、テキストに全角ハイフンが現れました。
    (書体:A-OTF 新ゴ Pro)

--添付データ-----
    「1.ai」→v25.2で保存したデータ

「2.ai」→「1.ai」をv26.0.1で開いて保存したデータ

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    こちらの問題が修正された Illustrator 2022(ver.26.0.2)が、製品リリースされました。 みなさん、ご協力ありがとうございました。 こちらのトピックは対応完了とさせていただきます。 コメントはオープンにしておきますので、何か問題がありましたらご報告ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  6. When a document using Japanese TrueType font is opened in different OS environment, font warning is given

When Japanese TrueType font is used in a document and opened in different OS environment,
    Even though you have installed the same font, you will get a font warning when you open it.
    Screenshots are created on Windows and open on macOS. But the opposite is also true.

1. Create a file in Windows environment and save it using related fonts
    2. When 1 is opened in macOS environment, the corresponding font is displayed as a font problem.
    3. Open Font Search after opening has not caused any problems

There are three types of fonts used, but problems occur with Japanese fonts or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set Area Type width to larger than 13.888 inches via Type->Area Type Options... dialog

Though the type tool can draw area type boxes of any size, the width property of the Area Type Options dialog box can only be set up to 13.888 inches. This means that for any wider area type, whenever you change a property within the Area Type Options it will be resized to 13.888 inches wide.

This is not a new problem as seen in this thread started in 2010: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/701249.

I often work on area type larger than this seemingly arbitrary limit. If I adjust the columns, gutters, inset or any other property found within the Area Type…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

8. Type on path positioning is now quantized and not smooth

Take a look at the GIF.

In Illustrator 2022 users were able to position start and end marker brackets with practically infinite precision, smoothly, even for a long, single-bezier path.

In 2023 these markers are quantized to 0.005 increments! For a long, single-bezier path, this creates laughably large steps (like, almost the width of an entire glyph).
    Note that the quantization is per bezier segment, so if you put text on a path that has many anchor points, it won't be as noticeable. But adding loads of points to a path makes it much less editable later, of course, so…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unwanted characters appearing when outlining text.

When using Type > Create Outlines, there is a chance of unwanted characters appearing.

Attached is a file where the error is reproducible. Notice how an additional "d" and "g" appear with you outline the text.

This file was created using Ai CC v22.0.1 and according to forum posts ive found, this issue has existed since CS4 or possibly earlier.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

10. Deleting segment of path for 'Type on path' and than undoing it gives wrong result

I have type on path.
    I delete one segment of the path, and text is now overflowing.
    I undo deletion, path got restored, but text does not — it is still trimmed, and I have to NOTICE this and drag end marker back.
    'Undo' must restore previous state fully.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. Problem with Type on a Path after ver. 26.1 update

Prior to updating Adobe Illustrator to ver. 26.1, a drawing with Type on a Path appears as it should. After the update, the text is positioned in a different place along the path. This is confirmed on a second computer. The same file opened on the second computer prior to the update appears normal, and after the update, the text is shifted.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. Glyph rendering bug with bitmap OT-SVG fonts

Glyphs that consist of a single-colored bitmap image are not rendered in text frames nor in the Glyphs panel.

When we start using them within a text frame, they also break the rendering of all subsequent characters (they disappear).

To reproduce, enter the character "m" in the attached AI file.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Text lost when updating text of old version

Illustrator CC 2018.(No problem before 2017)
    Updated text disappears when opening a file of old data such as version 10 or lower by a specific operation and updating the text portion.

・Prepare and open files of version 10 or lower
    ・To confirm whether to update the legacy text on the warning screen, click [OK] to not update
    ・Save immediately
    ・Open the saved file
    ・Click on the legacy text part with the mouse
    ・On the warning screen, click [Update]
    → The text that should have been updated disappears

Reported in the thread of Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401111

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

14. Discretionary hyphens not working in v26.0.1

Discretionary hyphens are not working. They become hard hyphens when opening an existing document and also when creating a new document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CC 2018: Objects on top of textframes are no longer selectable

I made a clear video to illustrate this (annoying) bug.
    My colleague has not yet updated Illustrator and is using the latest 2017 version.
    I have updated to 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1bUmXCcssg

In the video you see:
    - On notebook 1: I created a textfield with rectangle on top. I can select the textframe and the rectangle on top easily. They are on the same layer.
    - On notebook 2: I did the exact same, but it has become impossible to select the rectangle.

I cannot imagine this is done on purpose.
    I understand that I would not be able to select…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

16. 文字パネル内でピリオド入力ができない。

1.OSとAdobe Illustratorのバージョン
    Mac OS Monterey12.0.1/Illustrator26.0.2

2.問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    文字パネル内でフォントサイズや行送りなどの調整で小数点を指定する際に.(ピリオド)を入力しても反映されず、整数のみの数字として認識されてしまいます。

3-4.想定結果と実際の結果
    例)1.5pt→15pt

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

他のユーザーさんからご提案いただいた、以下の操作をお試しください。

1. Macの「システム環境設定>言語と地域」で、優先が「日本語」になっているかを確認。
    2. 右下の「詳細」をクリックして、通貨の単位設定が「通貨=日本円」、さらにカンマとピリオドが正しく設定。
    3. 上記を正しく設定し、再起動する。

こちらのレポートは対応完了とさせていただきます。

また、何かありましたらご報告ください。

以上、よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

17. Type — Different Opacity Settings Not Displayed (GPU Preview)

AI Version: 25.2
    Using GPU Preview

Problem:

• With some type selected, edit the text and change the Opacity of only some letters.
    • Note that those characters do not look changes.
    • Switch to CPU Preview and note that the Opacity of those letters now display as expected.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

18. Text height is wrong

When you select a specific text height, it is not correct. Say for instance you select 1 inch for text height but in reality the cap height is .68 inches. We work at a sign shop and a lot of jobs require a specific text height. This is misleading when I pick 1 inch for text height and it is no where near 1 inch in height. Can you please make it where the text height corelates to the actual cap height of the text, otherwise this feature is useless.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Latest Illustrator releases have Font Height Options you can access form Character panel’s menu — they allow you to set font height as a capital / x-height specifically.

The functionality has some minor issues (regarding rounded stems for some fonts, keeping the chosen option between launches), but otherwise it is very good. Please try it!

19. 行間値が表示されない

環境: M1 Mac mini OS 12.1 / Illustrator 26.0.2

内容:

行間値が表示されなくなります。たまに治る時があります。
    テキストブロックの行間は全て同じ値にしていてもすべてのテキストボックスで行間値が非表示になります。行間を変更したときに表示されるので、それで値の確認をしています。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた現象ですが、最新版「ver.26.2.1」でも再現できませんでした。

ご使用のマシンが「macOS 12.1」ということですが、現時点では Illustrator はサポート対象外となっておりますので、ご了承ください。