Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

941 results found

1. Add scrollbar to the Image Trace panel

The 3d panel has a scrollbar, but the image trace hasn't.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. An action set can’t be dragged into the topmost position

For some peculiar reason an action set item can’t be dropped at the top of the list in Actions panel, like it’s shown in the GIF attached. To workaround this, you have to put it second, and then put the first one after it.
    Minor, but still a bug.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Type on a Path Options window Alt+P Preview hotkey

Alt+P doesn’t toggle Preview checkmark in Type o n a Path Options dialogue window

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Select Objects in Layer selects locked objects

Objects that are locked within a layer get selected when selecting everything in a layer. Instead of selecting everything in the layer except the locked items.

Win 7, Ai CC 23.0.3

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zoom Tool – Zoom out sometimes doesn't work

I often zoom out by selecting the Zoom Tool from the toolbar, then holding down 'Option' and clicking the mouse to zoom out. This does work most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work and I have to click another tool option then click back to Zoom for it to work properly.

Not sure if there's something specific I'm doing before to prevent it from working, or if it's just random.

Illustrator 22.01 Mac

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mouse click sticking

This problem only seems to happen in Illustrator. I have not seen this issue when I use Photoshop.

Clicking with the mouse, does not always work as expected. It is almost like there is a long delay before the release is detected, resulting in a drag operation. Sometimes I see the spinner appear after I click. I have tried a different mouse, same issue. In the video, I am only ever doing a quick click, without moving the mouse.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Layer panel not working with document multiple windows

Hi, I have the AI latest release (21.1.0) and I'm facing an issue with multiple windows on two different screens of the same project.
    The layers panel is not responding when I want to open a layer tree, block and hide/show.

I read there are some problems with the GPU preview so I tried to disabled it but the problem is still there.

I try to explain what I'm doing:
    1. Open an empty New Document
    2. Add two new layers
    3. Draw something on every layer
    4. Duplicate the window going to Window > New Window (I want to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Generative AI Try It Box won't close after clicking on the "X" close button

The Generative AI Try It Box won't close after clicking on the "X" close button

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Area Type Options: Align is mislabeled. Should say "vertical", not "horizontal"

This UI option is mislabeled. It controls the vertical alignment of the text in a frame, not the horizontal alignment.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scale Strokes & Effects checkmark in Transform panel is disabled when nothing is selected

Illustrator has many ways to reach certain values, options and functions: through menus, panels, preferences, etc. Accessibility options are fine most of the times, and we are all used to this approach (sometimes it becomes ridiculous, like with many ways to access Transform).

But there are some toggles which are hard to control.
    'Scale Strokes and Effects' can be accessed in Preferences (as a global option), in the Scale dialog (as a local option), and in Transform panel (as some kind of contextual option)...

No. I lied, but in a way I once was fooled by Ai. These are the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eye icons are broken in AI in all panels

Unlike Photoshop, Alt+clicking an eye icon in Layers and Appearance does not hide everything else but the clicked item. The second Alt+click should revert the operation.

Same should apply for lock icons.

Then, clicking and dragging the cursor down through eyes to show/hide everything below the pointer works only in Layers — but no in the Appearance, where this is as much important.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tool buttons appear as copies in other toolbars

Ai display a copy of the currently selected tool in each custom tool panel a user have. This is distracting, eats up space, and serves no practical purposes.

Yes, I kind of understand the logic behind this... 'what if a user does not have the currently picked tool in any panel now displayed? how can they know what tool is no active?' — but why EVERY panel? Choose one. Or let the user to choose one.

You are allowing to create toolboxes with no fill/selector stroke, without Draw modes even (Normal/Behind/Inside) — something a user can’t get anywhere else if…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Font Height Options Tab order is broken

In Character panel, when you choose an option to display Font Height Options, hitting Tab to focus works wrong.

Click Font Family field to focus it and press Tab to focus the next one, Font Style. It works fine, nut the next press moves the focus to the Font Size field, skipping Font Height Reference field!
    So it means we can’t access this field at all using a keyboard.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pressure option not showing / grayed out with Wacom tablets/pens

Wacom pressure not showing on menus illustrator 25.4.1.
    But if I use the Wacom 6d brushes, it have the pressure. But again, if I turn of pressure on Wacom brushes, it goes grey again and I can't turn on again.
    And if I create a brushes from scractch, pressure is greyed out, and I'm using Bir Sur, and can't go back the drivers, like I did on the old machine (Wacom drivers, but there is high Sierra, that support an old drivers) it worked on old driver. But on Big Sur I have not this option. and I already tried…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

16. Saved Presets are not available despite having tab names "Saved" in the New Document Window

Users should be able to save presets for documents they use regularly so that they don't have to manually set up common artboards they use frequently. I am submitting this under bugs, as opposed to feature requests, because other apps (photoshop, indesign, etc.) allow users to do this and Illustrator has a tab for saved presets in the New Document window, but does not give the user the ability to saved the preset. I DO NOT WANT TO SAVE TEMPLEATE! Templates are different from presets, and all the community answers direct users to saving templates. Again, Templates are vastly different…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stuck on Rotate or Reflect Tool - Wacom Input Device

I have run into this issue many times over the years (multiple AI versions) and figured I'd add to the posts about it.

When using either the Rotate or Reflect tool, Illustrator often gets stuck. What I mean by stuck is that after trying to rotate or reflect some artwork, the Rotate or Reflect tool remains active as if you never released right click. This makes it so that every subsequent movement just rotates around the artwork as though you were still holding down right click. If you try to click elsewhere in the program, nothing happens. Clicking with a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Scale tool behavior - revert back to scaling proportionately, shift & drag

macOs Sierra 10.12.6

Illustrator 23.0.1 - Scale tool doesn't work the same as it's been for years!! Ugh!

Please revert to the legacy behavior of scaling shapes, images and text proportionately by using the scale tool + holding shift key and drag to enlarge or reduce size of shape proportionately. This way has been burned in my brain for many, many, many years. My fingers move faster than I can think, and now my logos turn out wonky unless I scale it the long way, by opening up the scale tool and typing in percentages!! No thanks.

For now, how…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color panel switches from secondary display to the primary display

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549930

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

20. Actual Size view menu does not display at actual size...

The new "Actual Size" feature under the view menu does not zoom to actual size. a 1" square is displayed at around 7/8" instead.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

there are two issues in this post
    1. Users want this feature to work on multiple monitors.
    2. Users want to have a view actual pixels for web drawings.

for #1 please vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/35799382--actual-size-should-work-with-multiple-monitors

for #2: we have an option to disable – You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck “Display print size at 100% Zoom”.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base