Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. disparition des repères lors de leurs déplacement

Apres avoir activé l'option "dessin et travail en temps réel", lorsque l'on déplace un repère celui-ci devient invisible

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't finish preview 24.0.1

24.0.1 keeps giving me a "CAN'T FINISH PREVIEW" error but if i open in v23 it opens just fine. Not sure why this release is so flawed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Refresh problems in Trim View - Illustrator 24.0

I'm not sure this is exclusive to GPU, but in Trim View sometimes when working with content, it stops refreshing properly and causing anomalies on screen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Animated Zoom Broken

I have animated zoom enabled on my system, and I've made sure to View using GPU, but animated zoom doesn't work.

Illustrator 23.0.6 64 bit on Windows 10 desktop.

Ryzen 7 2700X
    16 GB DDR4
    GTX 1080

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Layers Panel Glitch

After upgrading to Mojave OS on a mac the layers panel glitches or flashes each time I click / draw on an art board or area outside an art board.

It also happens when I manipulate the layers panel in any way, toggling visibility, opening or closing layer groups or any other operation.

This flashing is irritating and takes my eye from the work.

Attempted fixes

Resetting preferences
    Adjusting GPU performance
    Turning of animated zoom
    Uninstalling illustrator
    Updating everything

Illustrator Version 22.1
    MacOs Mojave 10.14

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GPU preview = poor quality in 22.1

Image quality is poor with GPU performance activated in 22.1: lines appear too thick, anchor points are left on screen when they should have cleared, random artifacts appear on screen for no apparent reason. Solution is either deactivated GPU performance (not acceptable) or toggling to CPU preview on every document every single time the document is opened (also not acceptable). Please work on a fix for this before releasing 22.1 to the public.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GPU performance causes screen artefacts

In AI 25.4, when GPU Performance is enabled, at some point when working on a file, or switching between screens, thin vertical and horizontal black lines will appear. They seem to flash on and off for a second or more as though Illustrator is switching between tabs or other open applications.

I've tried to take a screenshot/video when this happens but it doesn't show up, if you look at the screenshot/video, it's as though those lines were never there.

When GPU Performance is disabled, the issue goes away.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    40…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Concave Curve GPU Rendering Bug

Illustrator Version: 25.2.3

iMac 27in 2017 5k

Mac OS: 10.14.6

GPU: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Issue:

Concave curve was created by combining a perfect ellipse with a perfect rectangle (minus front). Points of concave curve show distortions when using GPU. See included files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "View using GPU" greyed out since Illustrator 2021

Since we have updated to Illustrator 2021, on one of our machines (Mac mini 2018) "View unsing GPU" (CMD+E) is greyed out and can’t be activated. GPU IS activated in the Illustrator Preferences! Using Illustrator 2020, this function works as usual.

An other glitch, that we noticed on both of our machines (the 2018 mini and a 2019 iMac): When opening a document in Illustrator 2021, the window turns black for a moment until the document is shown. This does not really cause any problems, it is just strange and does not occure with Illustrator 2020.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cant see object while moving it with selection tool

When Real-Time Drawing and Editing feature is turned ON - Objects wit no fill and no stroke become completely invisible when dragging with the Selection tool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator Crashes on external monitor

When I try to create a new page or open a file on my external monitor illustrator crashes. im using windows 10 latest version and latest illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2019 AI GPU Preview Is Worse Than Before and Buggy

2019 AI GPU Preview Is Worse Than Before and Buggy

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vectors rendered too thick on screen

Since the update to 22.1, all vector lines are being rendered too thickly on screen. Compare any lines drawn in AI with how they appear when printed out - they are inaccurately rendered on screen. Illustrator is a vector application, it cannot be displaying vectors with such poor quality on screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scroll zoom not working

When I zoom in using alt + scroll down, the canvas jitters; it zooms out then in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scrubby Zoom - GPU View greyed out

I'm unable to toggle GPU Preview.

This is a new concern since I was able to toggle it on/off a few weeks ago.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Scrap' appearing in preview mode

See screen grabs; unwanted shapes appear along contours in filled shapes.
    I'm on MacOS10.14.6
    AI 25.0.1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GPU Performance Glitches Still Not Fixed!! 2021

GPU Performance glitches have been constantly and extremely annoying while displaying many files, it shows weird patterns from the same opened file overlaying the designs, and they randomly change and break while zooming in and out, sometimes I can't see how my design looks like because of these glitches, it is so serious, it makes the app sometimes next to useless!!

Please, this problem has been there for a long, please fix, please fix

I have tried the same files on 2 different machines, same issue

Mac Book Pro 16 - 2019
    macOS Big Sur
    RAM 32

iMac 27 inches…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Refreshing the display with GPU-View activated seems to be buggy

While some of the GPU-related glitches seem to be fixed wich the actual Version 25.4 (at least on my iMac here), there is still some strange behaviour that seems to occur on every version newer than 25.0:

Everytime I open a document, the workspace turns black for a moment. That is not a big problem, but strange, as it never happened in 25.0 or older.

Second, there are quite often problems in refreshing the display, when moving around in the illustration or copying/dragging objects around. The display gets crippled (blank spaces, where they should not be) and I have to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artwork disappears when zoomed in

Whenever I am zooming in (2400% +), my artwork disappears and the who canvas turns gray. If I mouse over my artwork, i'll see a very pixelated outline of my artwork. I've attached a screenshot of my issue. I've tried restarting my MBP, uninstalling and reinstalling AI. I've tried closing out AI and reopening– but nothing I am doing is fixing this issue. Please help, I need to continue working on client projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shapes not rendering correctly at the intersections of curved and straight shapes

When creating shapes with the pathfinder or shapebuilder, there is a problem with rendering where curved and straight shapes intersect. I have tried multiple files, updated Illustrator, and even opened old files to discover that the rendering issue is there on files that were made ages ago without issue... so the problem is not with the tools, but with how these shapes are rendering. It's totally frustrating because precision work is impossible at the moment!

I do use snap to grid, but have tried with and without it. I have ensured that snap to pixel is off, as this causes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base