Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator running really slow, no GPU preview

Hi Illustrator 25.3.1 is running horribly slow on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) / 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 / 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 / Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB - it is constantly running CPU Preview, I cannot get it to use GPU. Zoom in and out is awful to use. Illustrator is impeding my productivity. Please help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. drawing issues in AI 25.2.3

I've encountered drawing and/or rendering issues in Ai 2021 while making a simple graphic. In the samples attached you can see:
    01 GPU outline.png -- the object path (under GPU rendering)
    02 GPU preview.png -- the object as it renders under GPU. A bump has appeared. There are no line effects, corner effects, brush effects, mitre, or other rules applied to the object.
    03 CPU outline.png -- with CPU rendering the path is wrong.
    04 CPU preview.png -- on CPU preview the shape looks correct, but the path is wrong.
    05 AI2020 GPU and CPU.png -- reinstalled AI 2020 and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GPU preview goes away and won't come back

I have been working on illustrator files containing vector & linked images, which have been used often in different files in the past. The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU.
    I tried copying images from the CPU preview file to a new blank GPU preview file. While pasting an image, the preview turns to CPU. Even if the image is deleted, the preview does not return back to GPU. Same test with another artwork and another jpg.

Mojave 10.14.6
    Ill version 25.2.1
    GPU Performance Activated
    AMD Radeon Pro 570X

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac19,1…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Class action against Adobe

Guys, we need to make a class action. All the suite is full of old and annoying bug... Every time they updated, something broke and I loose a lot of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GPU Preview rendering incorrectly

Having issues with text and some compound paths acting like they are open paths when previewing with GPU. Viewing in CPU preview renders correctly.
    We have had this issue on both 2017 iMacs and new Windows 10 machines.

Adobe Illustrator 25.2
    Windows 10
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (457.07 drivers)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GPU Preview not available (grayed out) after editing artboard

With newest version of illustrator the GPU acceleration and GPU-Preview fails in some files. To test it i have created a blank document and the GPU preview works. But when I edit the artboard, the GPU preview is turned off at that moment and cannot be reactivated. Reset the Illustrator-Settings to default doesn't fix it.

Illustrator 25.2, MacPro2013, GPU AMD FirePro D700, Monitor 2560x1600Pixel, Wacom-Tablet, MacOs Catalina and Mojave testet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U Radeon GPU not recognized (but works in Premiere, Lightroom)

Illustrator does not use the GPU (Setings->Performance says "Compatible GPU not available", even though below the device is listed under "GPU Details".

However, all other Adobe CC apps (Lightroom, Premiere) do recognize and use the GPU without any problems.

Windows 10, (v2004, build 19041.746); Illustrator 25.2 (64-bit)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AI loses GPU support when using rulers or accessing grouped elements

Hello @ Adobe!
    Both of my macs (Big Sur, latest updates) show the same reproducible bug with Adobe Ai Version 25 (incl. 25.2): GPU support works just fine when I open a new document and start from scratch. Turning on Rulers or accessing grouped elements by double click instantly turns off GPU support wich I cannot turn back on. After that Ai responds slowly and overall it’s no pleasure to work with. To fix this I need to make sure that in a document all rulers and guides are switched off/deleted. With these measures I can reopen the document and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't Finish Previewing AI 25.0

I get the "Cannot Finish Previewing. Could Not Complete The Requested Operation" pop-up message and my view goes to Outline Mode when I use the Pencil Tool with a Gradient Fill. I need to save & close the file, reopen it in Outline Mode and then select GPU Preview to see the accurate preview again. Happens every time. I can turn fills off in the Pencil prefs, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Driving me nuts! Please advise.

On mac mini with 64GB w/ a Raedon RX 580 8GB eGPU

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

12. Views not updating, tabs not updating.

Views will simply stop updating in Illustrator. Outline view shows geometry that does not display in GPU preview mode.

Similarly, when changing from document tab to tab, the window will "freeze" on one document and refuse to show the newly-selected document.

None of this is remotely acceptable. I pay for and use the Adobe Suite as a professional tool, and I can't have daily failures. Trust in your products is swiftly eroding.

Please advise a quick and permanent fix for these issues.

System:

Illustrator 24.2.1

MacBook Pro
    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Separations preview imac 5k very slow

There is some problem with Overprint preview turned on, everything becomes verry laggy. I'm on iMac 2019 27" with 40gb of RAM, SSD drive, no plugins. No matter which document is opened, the problem is same - very slow illustrator movement.

Only sollution is to run Illustrator in Low Resolution mode, then the problem does not exist.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fill Glitches when Previewing with the GPU

I work for a printing company, and we see this sort of glitch a lot. We also see it in the same design over multiple different systems so this must be an Illustrator issue rather than a compatibility problem with our graphics cards.

When rendering with the GPU, fill colors will extend out past the shape bounds. When we switch to render with the CPU, the glitch disappears. See the example attached.

This is a problem for us. We are losing production time because our printers on the floor see this and assume its an error with the artwork and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GPU Stroke Rendering Issue

2 x Xeon E5-2690 v4 CPUs (don't ask ;) )
    64 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8191 MB
    GPU Driver Version: 387.10.10.10.40.122
    CUDA Driver Version: 418.105

Hi, I noticed a small rendering issue with strokes in GPU mode. The boundaries seem to be somewhat inaccurate, to the point that in certain situations (regardless of whether or not they're joined and by any method), suck as a tee shape, a small bulge of one stroke can appear beyond the edge of another, even though they shouldn't.

See attached pictures, the problem area is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. An edge of an objects is not aligned with its fill

Color Fill is not inside the smart guides. It has been happening more and more often. I do not know if an update has changed a setting or what. Color is filling outside of the guides and it is making our screen printing seps take longer and longer to go in an visually align everything. not to mention creating an underbase taking longer due to having to fix areas where colors are overlapped or not overlapped. running 23.0.1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Uneven stroke

Newest version of Illustrator has now changed my .001 cut size of a stroke in some places from a clean thin line to a jagged mess. Some of the former .001 lines are still unchanged? These are shared with clients and look horrible!
    Running on Windows 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New preview mode

BUG in the new CC 2019 Version. Preview mode forces it's way for some reason during use. Screen becomes blank- only a restart brings back document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base