Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mouse scroll zoom is broken when in pixel preview mode (PC)

I just updated to Illustrator 2019 on a windows 10 PC

Given I have any size project open
    And my "zoom to selection" preferences are on or off
    When I turn on pixel preview view mode
    And I have alt selected
    And I use my mouse to zoom in and out
    Then zoom chooses a random center point to anchor it's zoom

I have no issues when in "over print preview" mode, or when using my keyboard in "pixel preview" mode.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GPU Preview displaying hidden shapes

In GPU Preview, turning off the visibility of a shape in the layers panel doesn't always hide the shape - it still remains on screen.
    If I switch to Outline view the shape is hidden correctly.
    If I switch back to GPU Preview the shape is still being displayed.
    I have to reboot Illustrator to get GPU Preview to work correctly again.
    And then it goes wrong again very soon afterwards.

This has now happened several times.
    I've also had shape fills showing as incorrect colors in GPU Preview, eg. a square with a white fill, suddenly started displaying as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pixelated/low Anti Aliasing problem with curved paths

Not really a GPU bug since it also happens with GPU turned off. But as you can see on the attachment, whenever I draw a curved path in Illustrator it turns out very pixelated/low Anti Aliasing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zoom to Selection Doesn't Work within Text

When I zoom in on Illustrator CC (21.1.0) it works great, zooming in on the object I have selected. The problem occurs when I have a bit of text within a larger textbox selected. When I zoom in, instead of centering around the object, it zooms in on the center of my screen, often putting the selected type out of sight.

(If I have the textbox itself selected, it's fine. It's just if I'm using the type tool to select and edit type.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Path render error

See screenshot. All I did was add opacity to a path and it renders it like this. Happens all the time since I updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stroke display error when stroke is 0.001mm

Stroke does not display correctly for very fine stroke lines on curves (for example 0.001mm). If the change the stroke to 0.1mm it displays perfectly, but when 0.001mm the appears to be large vectors filled in. There are not "really" there - it is just a display issue, but very easy to reproduce.
    Since 0.001mm is a common stroke width for Laser Cutters, this is a big problem as it is difficult to work with detailed drawings when it does not display correctly. See the attached sample for a very simple example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Additional shapes showing outside of drawn shapes

When viewing in GPU view, there appears to be weird lines and shapes outside of what was drawn with the pen tool. The attached images of a shape at 50% opacity show how these inconsistencies in the shape appear and disappear when toggling between GPU and CPU. It seems this is only when there's a curved line, and does not appear when the shape is made up of straight lines only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GPU not detected

Restarted Illustrator and suddenly it isn't detecting my GPU.

AI Version: 25.3.1 (Tested back to 25.0.1)
    GPU: RTX 3080 FE: GRD 471.11 (Tested 471.41 and more)
    CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x (No internal graphics)

Every other Adobe application is still detecting the GPU as intended.

I was using AI without any problem, closed it, went for lunch, came back and opened ai again. Scrubby zoom wasn't working anymore -- ai didn't detect a compatible GPU.

Already DDU'd back to different versions, wiped ai and reinstalled different versions, reset rpeferences, turned GPU acceleration (win) on/off, gave…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ちらつき

カーソルを動かすとちらつく

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「画面のちらつき」という現象ですが、検証するためには情報が不足しております。

お手数をおかけいたしますが、バグを報告する際は、以下の内容を詳しく記載してください。

1. お使いのオペレーティングシステムおよび Adobe Illustrator (デスクトップ版) のバージョン
    2. 問題が発生したときに実行していた手順(データ作成方法)
    3. 想定していた結果
    4. 実際の結果
    5. [必要に応じて] Illustrator ファイルまたはビデオのご提供

以上、よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

10. New Jagged Artefacts on Previous Transparency Gradients

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Probleme bei GPU-Ansicht

1. Illustrator 25.2.1 / macOS mojave 10.14.6

Ansichtsprobleme, wenn alle Punkte in der sichtbaren Zeichenfläche angewählt werden (Direktauswahl-Werzeug)

Erwartet: Ansicht mit allen ausgewählten Anker-Punkten

Ergebnisse:
    - Ansicht entweder nur komplett schwarz
    - oder bunt übereinander liegende Linien

Screenshots anbei:
    - Ansicht entweder nur komplett schwarz
    - oder bunt übereinander
    Plus Pfadansicht, wie das Objekt normal aussieht

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Weird Shapes in my Outline Stroke

When ever i change my shape to outline or trim it with pathfinder, There is always some weird shapes inside it. Anyone experiencing this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. anchor point inaccuracy

latest version of illustrator is not fit for purpose when it is doing things like this.
    macOS 10.15.7

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GPU preview replaced by CPU permanently

Mojave 10.14.6 / Ill version 25.2.1 / GPU Performance Activated / AMD Radeon Pro 570X
    The ai file opens in CPU preview and cannot return to GPU. Colours seem altered, very vivid. That happens to all files with linked images! I worked as ususal, can't remember if any update run.
    I have downgraded Illustrator to 25.2, & Photoshop to 22.2 and problem was not fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Colors not displaying correctly in Illustrator 25.2.1

Colors are displaying brighter and incorrectly in CMYK color mode. I've color calibrated my monitor; restarted my computer; uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and still all files pulled into Illustrator are displaying this way.

Mac Big Sur 11.2.3 Illustrator 25.2.1

I have had trouble with a corrupted preference file in the past, but I also tried deleting the file and reinstalling with no change. I've uploaded a screen shot of how the colors are displaying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Strange fake rough aproximated outlines around the shapes.

Hi guys. I'm found this weird bug which completely ruined the possibility to display the projects to client. Look at the color Screenshot - do you see these strange rough aproximation lines, darker then main background? When i'm switched to the Outline view - i see the clean outline.
    This bug is visible when i'm using the transparency for this object.
    I've also added an Ai File with this bug.
    Latest AI version 25.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6 (18G8022)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GPU preview

If I use rulers the GPU preview switches back to CPU and the Illustrator slow down.
    If I switch off the rulers and open again the GPU preview will OK.

Mac Mini 2020 M1
    Illustrator 25.2.1 and 25.3 BETA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GPU Problem With Rules active

real-time GPU view does not work when rulers are active. The problem has existed since the first release of Illustrator 25 and has not yet been fixed. If I create a new document without rulers everything works, when I activate the rulers the view automatically switches to CPU mode I use illustrator on an iMac Pro with mojave 10.14.6.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Colors in entire file are suddenly completely wrong (when not in pixel preview mode)

I just encountered this bug on macOS 10.14 with Illustrator 2021. After pasting a PNG into my document, the colors of everything suddenly look very different and washed out.

I can "fix" this by using Pixel Preview mode OR "View using CPU", but that slows down my workflow. I even tried opening an earlier version before I pasted the PNG, and the colors are still completely wrong! Can anyone help?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator won't preview changes in the transparency mask until I move the art.

I just set up a new computer this morning and this is a new problem I have not dealt with before. Any edit I make to the transparency mask in an artwork does not preview until I move the artwork. Moving the view, zooming in and out etc doesn't udpate the preview, only moving the artwork. I tried turning off my GPU performance to see if that was causing some issue but it didn't change anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base