Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. 尺寸标注工具问题

画两根相交的线,标注相交点的角度,文档的模式会从GPU模式转为CPU模式。如视频:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Shapes drawn with the pencil tool are always created with the basic fill appearance, even if "new art has basic appearance" is not checked.

1. Create a new Illustrator document.
    2. In the Appearance panel, deselect "New art has basic appearance", if it's selected.
    3. Select the pencil tool and use it to draw a curved line.
    4. Set the stroke of the line to 10 point and the color to red.
    5. Set the fill to black.
    6. Draw another line with the pencil tool. The stroke is 10 point red, but the fill reverts to none.
    7. Repeat with the pen tool. This time, the fill stays black when a second line is drawn.

This problem was not present in earlier versions of Illustrator.

System: Adobe Illustrator 27.6.1, M2…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Malwerkzeuge (Pinsel/Buntstift) übernehmen nicht die vorherigen Einstellungen

Ich möchte mit dem Bunststift zeichnen und habe dabei die Kontur, die Farbe und das Profil eingestellt. Beim nächsten Strich werden diese Eigenschaften nicht übernommen. Ich muss jedes mal die Eigenschaften neu auswählen... das kann ja jetzt nicht sein? Das hat vorher einwandfrei funktioniert.
    Wäre sehr dankbar für eine Tipp/Lösung!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pen Tool: Close path Changes Handles

Mac Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator 25.4.1

When drawing with the pen tool, closing paths changes the initial path/handles drawn. This occurs every time the initial point plotted is a "click and drag."

I tried to upload a screen recording (.mov) but it won't let me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right Menu Bar Not appearing

Hello Adobe Crew! This is Eva.

I am here to report that the right menu bar is not appearing. I don't know what the bar is actually called so please excuse any misnaming. I wasn't drawing in fullscreen, and the fact that the right menu bar was in the way kinda annoyed me. So I clicked the 'X' button to put it away. I was done drawing, so I put my laptop away. Next day I want to draw, I open Illustrator, open a new canvas, and the right menu bar doesn't appear. I have tried to restart Illustrator many…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rectangle tool draws slightly rotated rectangle

Update 24.2 - When drawing a rectangle (by selecting the rectangle tool, clicking on the artboard, and entering desired dimensions), the resulting rectangle is slightly rotated, skewed or tilted. It's not noticeable until it's viewed in outline mode.
    To confirm this, I create a 1" x 1" square with the rectangle tool. Then drag the ruler origin to the top left anchor point. The transform palette confirms this anchor point is at x=0, y=0 (as expected). Then I select the top right anchor point and see that its coordinates are x=1, y=-.0022. The y-value should be 0.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the latest version cursor keys are now moving the selected objects/nodes 2 pixels instead of 1

Up until 24.2.1 if I selected an object or node and hit the cursor keys they would move 1 pixel in the direction of the key. Now all of a sudden they move 2. makes trying to align/tweak the position of objects/nodes really difficult and painful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This often happens when we open Preferences and accidentally press Up or Down arrow key. The very first field focused in the dialog is Keyboard Increment value, and pressing an arrow makes it either zero (which turns into the smallest allowed value of 0.0001) or 2 (if you had 1).

Open Preferences and change the value back.

8. Paths not dividing / uniting correctly (jittery paths)

It seems that with more complex paths, using the unite and divide Pathfinder tools create jittery shapes (when you zoom in very very close, you can see that the merging / division isn't perfect and that shapes have been disfigured). Same with paths / shapes where smooth corner have been used: use of Pathfinder tool is going to disfigure them. (posted to the support on Twitter)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If this does happen for you, please open your Pathfinder panel’s options and change the Precision value it has. Lowering the values improves results, especially on very long curved segments, but also increases the overall time a complex pathfinder operation takes.

Please comment below if this advice helps — the team can use this feedback to reconsider the default value.

9. My knife tool is missing

The knife tool has been below the scissors before, but now its gone ... Why?
    (see image below)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The tool is still there, but he team decided to hide the Knife tool from the Basic toolbar, based on the usage statistics, aiming to reduce clutter for new users.

You can still access it. There are two options:

1. Go to Window > Toolbars and pick Advanced, to view the classic tool layout, including all plugin tools added.

2. Press Edit Toolbar button at the bottom of your current toolbar (with three dots), find the Knife there (it’s the last one in the Modify section), and drag it into the panel in the slot you find fitting (be careful not to insert it into a tool-group by mistake, it’s a tight wiggle).

10. Selecting two objects adds millions of points to second path...

Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1 (and its predecessor) have a horrible feature which I assume is a bug. When selecting two separate paths (or even two separate text objects) using the Selection Tool or Direct Selection Tool, it seemingly adds millions of points to the second path. The points are not really added and don't actually exist, but they LOOK like they do, meaning it adds a thick blue line along it that looks ghastly and is completely off-putting. I can't use those versions at all and have had to stick to 24.1.3 which is the latest version to not do it.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can't select multiple anchor points with direct selection tool

The Direct Selection Tool does not select anchor points. When the DS tool hovers over object, the outline appears, but no anchor points appear. Neither can be selected and activated. When DS tool hovers over an anchor point, I can move that one point only. DS tool behaves exactly same as Anchor Point Tool. I cannot select several anchor points at once, and move / align / delete / distribute / join them. Win 10.1903 AI 24.0

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set round corner numerically for multiple corners

When multiple Anchor Points are selected, it would be nice to set the rounding numerically, in stead of by dragging the mouse.

But unfortunately double clicking a Corner Widget let us set the value for only the clicked corner, and not for all selected corners.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Height and Width indicator at cursor switched when resizing a box.

When I go to resize a box, the height and width indicators at the cursor are switched.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The rectangle you are scaling is probably rotated 90 degrees, and how has the width oriented along the Y-axis.

See, rectangles are drawn as live shapes when created in versions after 2014, and they remember their widths and heights independently from the size of their bounding boxes (which can differ a lot if a shape is rotated to an arbitrary angle).

This is somewhat confusing... but your own height does not get smaller if you lay down, isn’t it?

To solve this, you can convert your live rectangle into a path and then immediately convert it back t a rectangle again (Object > Shape > Expand Shape / Convert to Shape) — this will effectively reset the rotation to a 'normal' way.

14. Double Tool Bars

My current build of Adobe Illustrator is displaying two toolbars, side by side, one minimized and one expanded. I'm assuming this is a bug. I reset the essentials tool bar and re-installed illustrator but the problem persists. See the left side of the attached screenshot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Align distribute center doesn't work

Trying to use Align>Distribute center with Align to Selection selected - on a group of elements.

Elements arent distributed symmetrically but seem to randomly distribute, some elements very close together and others very far apart. Same issue has been repeating since updating to 23.0.1. Working on MacOS Mojave 10.14.

For example the attached 3 elements were aligned with horizontal center distribution, but the center object moved close to the left text block.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Anchor Points Malfunctioning

I regret to report that, after updating to Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 and upgrading my OS Mojave, the anchor points have become rather fickle, especially with the Direct Selection tool. The shape will look the same once drawn with the Pen Tool, and the anchor points will still be there, but they are invisible. They can still be tampered with, but after releasing the mouse they will disappear. The same issue applies to the rectangular grid tool. Anchor points can be edited and seen with the curvature tool; that is about the only way to do so without the anchor…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pen tool rapidly changes to selection tool arrow glitch

Pen tool rapidly changes to selection tool arrow when I move the cursor. OS 10.14.3 / Ai CC 23.0.2. On wacom tablet. The pen tool icon changes every micro-second to the selection tool icon and back again. Very hard to work this way. If I more my stylus even a tiny bit it happens. I have the pen tool selected in the toolbox.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Direct selection tool not resizing selected artwork

When I try to click on an anchor point and resize my artwork with the direct selection tool, it does not resize the artwork anymore. It just moves the artwork. Fortunately, I can still use the Free Transform Tool to resize objects and artwork. This is on Windows 10 in Illustrator CC 22.1.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are able to resolve this issue via view→ show edges or show bounding box .

In case you are still encountering this issue and unable to resolve via above provided workaround.
    Kindly provide us following information:

1) Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file .
    2)Which version of Illustrator you are using.
    3) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly…

19. Holding pen tool only two options pops up

While on holding pen tool no add anchor points there

I searched whole pannel but did not get. You will better understand me when you find in the attachments below.

Plz let me know if i am wrong

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Whenever I use my pentool now, wherever I hold the tool, doesn't allow me to click at that spot, it will draw 1cm above/below my click.

Whenever I use my pentool now, wherever I hold the tool, doesn't allow me to click at that spot, it will draw 1cm above/below my click. pleaase fix thiiiissss gliiiiiitch!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?