Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator (Beta) v26 causes "Illustrator could partially read this file" when saving .AI with linked images

I've come across a consistent and reproducible bug whenever I save an AI file with Illustrator (Beta) v26/25.5 on Mac mini M1 running Big Sur 11.5.

When the .AI file is saved with linked images and opened with Illustrator 2021 or below, it spews the error "Illustrator could partially read this file." This never used to happen in prior versions to 25.5.

I've troubleshooted using different settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled both v26 and v25.5 to test with the same results.

If I were to save the AI file with embedded images, everything works fine. Likewise saved as an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have fixed this issue in our latest Pre-release build of 26.0.2

Please follow the instructions below to get CCD Prerelease build.
    1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
    2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
    3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
    4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab(This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please share your comments on whether this issue is fixed for you.

2. Save now takes longer in updated 2020 version

When I save, even a blank document, it takes Illustrator a lot longer than the previous version to save.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

3. This file has been modified outside illustrator

After updating to Illustrator 24.0, sometimes when saving a file, I get a popup that says 'this file has been modified outside illustrator. do you want to continue?'

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base