Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pathfinder Divide produces imprecise result on curved elements

Mac OS 11.6
    Illustrator 25.4.1

I know this is not a new complaint, but it has not been addressed. When I used the Pathfinder Divide tool to divide an element with curves, the resulting shapes are not precise. This renders the tool useless for many operations where users need those lines to sit exactly on top of one another. See image for example.

There are many users, including me, who are begging Adobe to stop adding features we would rarely/never use and please, for the love of all that is holy, concentrate on fixing the basic tools we use every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Pathfinder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inconsistent undo behavior when making a compound shape with a clipping mask

I understand this may not be as common a use-case, but while trying to figure something out, I was puzzled when undo did not return to the state I was expecting. Below are the steps to reproduce this issue:

Create a shape, such as a rectangle. Give it a color.
    Create a different shape and place it somewhere overlapping the first shape. Give it a different color.
    Select both shapes and create a Clipping Mask by right-clicking and selecting "Make Clipping Mask"
    You should now see only the overlapping parts of both shapes, as expected.
    Open the Pathfinder panel and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pathfinder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Divide tool Not removing underlying color

A red box on top partially overlapping a yellow box. With both objects selected the Divide tool is used from the pathfinder. Where the two graphics intersect it leaves two layers of objects. The red on top and yellow underneath. Previous versions yellow would not be there. I have never seen this in the 20 years I have been working in Illustrator. Divide is powerful tool we used for both silkscreen and digital printing. Would appreciate a fix so it functions properly again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. magically appearing anchor points

When I join paths, use the pathfinder tools, or shapebuilder options, anchors that I DID NOT create, appear. There is no rhyme or reason to when it will decide to do it. So annoying. Over time this degrades the image when enlarging, shrinking, offsetting paths and a number of other features I don't want to waste my time listing. I don't care what you say about vectors and your program, I've been doing this a long time, it happens. I personally deal with vinyl plotters. Plotters don't like unnecessary or extra anchor points. It can slow down the cut process…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Pathfinder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base