Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Tooltips in Recolor Artwork Panel are Backwards

It seems to me that the tooltips in the Recolor Artwork panel are backwards.

The left button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Saturation and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Brightness, which it actually does.

The right button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Brightness and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Saturation, which it actually does.

If I am misunderstanding something, then the tooltips are at the very least extremely confusing.

I'm using Illustrator 25.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. cmd+shift+n doesn't create new folder in Finder-Save-Dialouge anymore after last update

When you save a file (save as, save, save copy, ...) you can not create a new folder via cmd+shift+n anymore after the latest 24.0.1 "bug fix update" which I received today.

Please fix this again!

(Mac OS 10.13.6 / Illustrator 24.0.1

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

4. オブジェクト(主にテキスト)が選択できない

打ち込みをしたテキストが選択できないことが多々発生しております。
    その部分は印刷もできないので文字が抜けたまま出力し現場に回ってしまうという業務に支障が出ています。
    保存をして落とし再び立ち上げると問題は解決するのですが毎回その動作をするわけにもいかず、必ず不具合が起こっているわけでもないので困っています。これはPCの問題でしょうか?ご回答お願いします。(著作権等の問題で一部しか画像がのせれません)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

追加情報をいただき、検証しておりますが、再現できませんでしたので、一旦こちらの報告の対応は終了させていただきます。
    今後、同様の問題が発生するというユーザー様がいらっしゃいましたら、こちらにコメントいただければと存じます。

よろしくお願いいたします。
    Illustrator チーム

5. jpeg書き出しが出来ない

illustrator(Beta) 25.3.2
    MacBook Air M1 OS11.2.3

ファイル>書き出し>書き出し形式で、jpeg書き出しを解像度300ppiで行おうとすると、その解像度では……と表示され書き出しが出来ない(150以下は書き出しが出来る)。
    他のバージョンでは、解像度300ppiの設定で問題なく書き出しが出来ている

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただきました問題でございますが、社内での検証(ver.25.3.1/ MacBook Air M1)では再現ができませんでした。

こちらのトピックは対応終了とさせていただきます。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

6. ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) glyphs not recognised as the same character

The glyphs ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) are lower and upper case of the Icelandic character eth. Illustrator has no problems working with them, except when you need to change the case, whether you do that by Type->Change Case or by changing the character attribute to All caps (or small caps for that matter).

This is a recurring bug in Illustrator, which has been fixed at least twice before, but somehow creeps in a few versions later. I suspect some legacy code in the internal text engine, which does not reflect the relationship between the two characters.

I’m including a…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GPU ドライバーが最新の状態で、システム互換性レポートダイアログが表示されるという問題が、最新リリースバージョン「Illustrator 2021 (ver.25.2.3)」で修正されましたので、製品アップデート後に挙動のご確認をお試しください。
    もし、まだ問題が再現するような場合は、ご使用のマシン情報の詳細もご報告ください。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

8. Big Sur and native Effects gallery crash

Anybody else getting Illustrator CC2019 and 2020 to crash in Big Sur (beta) when accessing the Filter Gallery (eg. Effect > Texture > Grain)?

You don't even have to apply the effect. Simply opening that window will doom you to a crash.

Tested with latest public releases of CC2019 + 2020 and macOS 11 Beta (20A5384c) on 2015 iMac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New Recolor Artwork information link not working

In the new Recolor artwork 2021 panel the info button in the lower left jumps to a link that is not working currently. It was working for me before, but in the past few days it's failed:
    http://www-staging.macromedia.com/go/ai_recolor_info

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

11. Text height is wrong

When you select a specific text height, it is not correct. Say for instance you select 1 inch for text height but in reality the cap height is .68 inches. We work at a sign shop and a lot of jobs require a specific text height. This is misleading when I pick 1 inch for text height and it is no where near 1 inch in height. Can you please make it where the text height corelates to the actual cap height of the text, otherwise this feature is useless.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Latest Illustrator releases have Font Height Options you can access form Character panel’s menu — they allow you to set font height as a capital / x-height specifically.

The functionality has some minor issues (regarding rounded stems for some fonts, keeping the chosen option between launches), but otherwise it is very good. Please try it!

12. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

13. Bug: Shift + clicking anchor point with Delete Anchor Point tool doesn't retain curve shape

24.1.1 on Windows 10 and Mac Mojave

In CC 2020, Shift + clicking an anchor point with the Delete Anchor Point tool is supposed to work like the Simplify Path tool -- the shape of the curve shouldn't change. But even on a path with redundant anchors, this new shortcut doesn't work. The curve changes shape as in previous versions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new update (v25.1) hangs when I select all text

Hi, when I select all text objects in a file (Select>Object>All text objects), Illustrator hangs and I have to force quit. We have all had to revert to V24.3

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

15. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

16. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

17. VBScript Internal Script Execution Error in version 25.1

Running VBScripts from File > Other Scripts is not currently functional in the latest update- however the very same scripts work fine if the scripts are opened manually (and worked as expected from 'Other Scripts' in the previous version).

Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

18. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

19. Saving operation get cancelled when Save in background is checked.

When Save in the background checkbox is checked, saving the document using the script, gives an error operation was cancelled and the automation process stop. But if uncheck this setting everything works fine. This happens when we show our custom progress bar dialog. So I think progress bar dialog is interfering with the process of saving the document in the background. Could you please look into this issue and see what can be done for this at your end?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Illustrator crashes when switching views in the Asset Export panel

Has this been reported yet? There's a really easy-to-reproduce crash bug in Adobe Illustrator involving the Asset Export panel that affects even the latest version (24.2) .
    If the Asset Export panel contains more than two items and an item other than the first is currently being renamed and the view is attempted to be switched from Grid View to List View, the mouse cursor will begin to move really slowly for a few seconds and after that, Illustrator will crash. See the video attached for a demonstration.

Some system info:
    Adobe Illustrator 24.2
    Version: 10.0
    System Architecture:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base