Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Multiple Artboards X and Y axis not resetting

This is a new issue: normally the X and Y axis reset when you click on an alternate artboard but recently, it's maintain the X and Y of the first artboard. My sample is a 4"x4", 4-artboard layout, and the shape is on artboard 2, horizontal to artboard 1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Rotated Artboard

BUG: Some how the artboard is rotated and unable to keep it straight. The entire document is rotated and it is difficult to work that way. Can this be fixed ASAP?

Mac OS: 11.4 (20F71)
    Illustrator Version 25.3.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alignement of neighboring objects

Hi, when I used to move my objects on artboard, there used to be lanes and alignments automatically showing me when two objects on the artboard are in alignment with a green line. However, I can't see that feature anymore, it just happened since yesterday. very frustrating. Is this a bug, or is this due to some settings issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. artboard

I am having issues with the alignment of the image on the artboard. It seems the rectangle I used to cover the artboard isn't lining up. I am not sure if this is a problem or I simply don't know how to fix it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The artwork has a small black dot on the right side, far away from the artboard. Watch closely at the right side of your 11×17.jpg image to notice it.
    And export options were probably without ‘Use artboards’ tick.

P.S. Please always provide the file you have problems with!

5. Pixel number inconsistency

Windows 10? (most recent and just updated yesterday)
    Illustrator 22.1 (64bit)

When I told Illustrator to create an artboard of 350x350 pixels, I thought it could actually do so. That was the template image size that our web designer propogated across our entire website.

Then I exported 11 images from Illustrator to .png format to re-build one of our webpages. They came out as 1459x1459. Now I will resize them in Microsoft Paint. They'll pixelate and probably look like trash. All because Illustrator can't understand "350 pixels x 350 pixels" on the Create New prompt window.

Flaming dumpster fire. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The intended way to ensure your pixel-sized document stays the same size after export is to use the default screen resolution — 72 PPI.

If you set anything else, Illustrator will scale the image  accordingly (as if the 'Resample' option in Photoshop is ticked when you resize an image).

There is no way to write a custom resolution AND maintain the desired size at the same time.

The reasoning behind this behaviour is that the resolution value is supposed irrelevant when an image’s intent is Screen or Web. An image can have no resolution value stored in it at all, it’s just an optional coefficient, and then different viewers and editors suppose a value on their own — usually 72 PPI (Mac-style) or 96 PPI (Windows-style).

Unlike other editors, Illustrator has a continuous range for all measurements units. One pixel is considered to be equal one point, and a point…

6. illustrator jagged line

line and text look jagged and I tried all the settings change by researching in the internet, but nothing fixed it. this problem is persisting for the last two days.

windows 10
    illustrator cc 2018
    crisp line and text output
    but the line and text are looking jagged

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding Bleed to Previously Saved Files

I use Adobe CC. I've been trying to add bleed to a previously saved file without bleed. When I open the file then go to >document setup< I am able to add a 1" bleed, but the red bleed line doesn't appear around my artboards once I click ok. Then when I go back into >document setup< it shows that the bleed has been saved, but it is still not visible in the art files.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align to Artboard: X and Y position not established within the active artboard

Illustrator CC 22.0.1

Align to Artboard: X and Y position not established within the active artboard but retains the global X and Y position.

When selecting and copying the X position of vertex (A) on active artboard (A), then activating another artboard (B) and selecting vertex (B). When pasting the X position for vertex (A) from artboard (A) to vertex (B) on artboard (B) it pastes the global X position. The previous version retained the local artboard X position when align to artboard was activated. Which is very helpful in maintaining consistency between artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding assets to Asset Export

Illustrator 2018 is not letting me create a single asset from ungrouped layers. In the previews version the functionality was simple, you just select as many ungrouped layers and it would create a single asset.

Is this is a new fancy bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,

You can create single asset from un-groupped layers by holding Opt/Alt key while adding the asset.

This is intended change in behaviour in Illustrator 2018, creating multiple assets in a single add operation was not possible earlier.

Thanks
    Anish

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base