Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. SVG Stroke Widths are not scaled according to viewBox

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected: it should display two horizontal lines
    actual: it appears as a rectangle because the lines are touching

here are two lines, 200px apart, with 100px stroke width in a 500x500 SVG with a viewbox of 1000x1000. since the viewbox is twice the size of the SVG document, the stroke width should be scaled down to 50px and the lines should not overlap.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alt + Scroll wheel doesn't zoom

Just updated to 23.05 (64 bit windows 10) and the alt+mouse wheel no longer zooms. It just scrolls left and right same as CTRL+mouse wheel. If I use ALT+Shift+Mouse wheel it does scroll.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a document using Japanese TrueType font is opened in different OS environment, font warning is given

When Japanese TrueType font is used in a document and opened in different OS environment,
    Even though you have installed the same font, you will get a font warning when you open it.
    Screenshots are created on Windows and open on macOS. But the opposite is also true.

1. Create a file in Windows environment and save it using related fonts
    2. When 1 is opened in macOS environment, the corresponding font is displayed as a font problem.
    3. Open Font Search after opening has not caused any problems

There are three types of fonts used, but problems occur with Japanese fonts or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG - Offset path preview remains in artwork even after cancel or tick off preview

Hi. Since Illustrator 23 I have a very strange bug in the preview of offset path. When I select a shape and select offset path I get the dialog. In the dialog I can set the variables. if I then click ok all is well. But if I check preview I can see what the values I entered will do. So far so good. But then something strange happens. If I change a value I see the result in a preview, but I also see the first preview. The result is even added to the last preview path. And i…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

5. Running an Action from script

Hello,
    In Illustrator CC latest update, my following script does not work:
    1- Select a couple paths (in script) (all of them close paths in different groups)
    2- execute my action which offset paths with certain amount

The problem is in this new version after the action dis-select all of them except one, but before this version it worked and keep all of my selection paths still as selected ( by path I mean the new offset paths, but for all of them)

It really made trouble for my script in the company, because some computer still does not have…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

6. Unit issue with DXF exported from Illustrator

Hello,
    Units are not correct when exporting DXF files from Illustrator CC.

A 100 mm diameter circle exported from illustrator CC (22.0.1) is opened in Creo Parametric 4.0 (M070) and measures 2540 mm.

My CC options are in millimeters
    $INSUNITS in DXF file should be defined to 4 = Millimeters
    Actually it is exported with 1 and this is incorrect.

Changing $INSUNITS from 1 to 4 in Notepad is not a sustainable solution !

Default drawing units for AutoCAD DesignCenter blocks:
    https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/header_section_group_codes_dxf_02.htm

Thanks you for tanking in consideration this problematic.

Best regards

Nicolas Bourgeois

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

8. Distribute spacing units work wrong

Hello,

Illustrator 23.0.2. I use "cm" units in whole software, but Distribute Spacing right now working only in points...

I think your software is falling down year by year.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

9. Pen tool located in type tools

Took me a while to find but found the pen tool hanging out with the type tools. Please stop fixing things that are not broken. I remember before CC things works pretty well. Now every time there's an update, some other bugs pop up that weren't there before. Is this just a way for engineer job security? Well whatever it is, its becoming a major pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

There was an issue in 23.0 causing tools to shift between groups. This has been fixed in latest update (23.0.2). After update, please reset the Basic and Advanced toolbars by opening the tool drawer (3 dots at bottom of the tool bar), then using ‘Reset’ from the fly-out menu (on top right).

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

10. Photoshop Effects Dialog not Scaled when UI is scaled.

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly

System Information overview:
    Dell 17-R3
    Display: 17.3-inch UHD (3840 x 2160)
    Chipset: Intel GL82HM170 PCH
    Integrated graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
    High performance graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980m
    CPU: Intel i7-6820HK
    RAM: 32.0 GB DDR4-2133 DDR4 PC4-17000
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    OS Build 17763.253

(detailed system information attached)

Adobe Illustrator 23.0.1 (64-bit)

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly with the computer operating with the graphics set to 4K (3840 x 2160). For example, with a path selected go to "Effect" --> "Sketch" --> "Chalk & Charcoal". The…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Switching between files doesn't work properly - or at all

See the attached video. I have two files open. The second file I opened does not display. When I click on the file tab I still have the previous file displayed. Regardless of which file is active, I can only edit one. I can't even see the other. They are two completely different projects - they do not look the same. You are only seeing one file in this video, despite which one I select. I have to quite and restart, losing any changes I may have in the one file I cannot see.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

12. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator 23.0.1 crashing almost immediately after launch

I am running Mojave 10.14.2 (system screenshot attached). Every time I start Illustrator, it runs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. There are no error messages; it just dies. The same thing happens with InDesign. Photoshop appears to run without issue.

I have tried looking for updates in the CC app, but it says that the programs are all up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but the issue remains.

I have seen responses for similar issues where Adobe techs say that the issue has been fixed on version 23.0.1, but that is not the case;…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try again, there was a server level issue that was leading to a crash on January 9th 2019

NOTE: This issue is only for the scenario where Illustrator 23.0.1 / 23.0.0 started crashing on January 9th 2019

14. Key object selection mismatch

When I select two objects and choose the key object for allignment, the top allignment option shows the «Align to key object» and object gets highlighted, however if I go to the sidebar to introduce a spacing number it shows «Align to selection» instead and I need to change the option again. This is so frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Constrain (shift key) doesn't work with Smart Guides turned on

When smart guides are on none of the constrain features (holding down shift) work properly, whether it's rotating, reflecting, etc. It just sort of jumps back to one position, often the original position, and won't move. The little magenta text that lets you know the angle etc. also goes a little crazy and looks like it's trying to display a few different words on top of each other.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

17. Libraries Panel Disappears and cannot be accessed once reopened when you use Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or asset from it.

When editing objects colors using swatches, or pulling in an item from the library, if you immediately use Ctrl+[ to change the layer your selection is on, it closes the library panel. When reopened, none of the items in the library appear in the panel, and you cannot save changes to any assets you have currently open

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default
    • But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

19. Gradient Annotator tool bug on Groups

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Unable to uncheck Type Pref Indic options & Fill object with placeholder text on preference migration from 22.1

1. MacOS Sierra ; Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    2. I'm trying to get the punctuation right while typing in Hindi, but I can't select "Indic Options". I went to Preferences>Type>Language Options. I can select "Show East Asian Options" but i can't seem to select "Show Indic Options" which is a bug.
    3. I expected to type correctly in Hindi
    4. I can't type in Hindi with the right punctuation and I'm on a strict deadline! Help
    25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base