Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Activate text field for numeric Rotation

When the numeric rotation dialog is opened - it would be convenient when the text field is active for direct input of the Angle (I think this was the case in earlier versions).

In Ai19, the dialog is 'dead' - nothing happens when we start typing - whe have to type 5x Tab to get in the field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

2. Fix Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library Reference - VB scripts return error

Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library is broken when attempting to Reference from Visual Studio.

VB.Net or C# projects attempt to add the reference from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Plug-ins\Extensions\Scripting Support.aip, and give the attached error.

My idea, is for Adobe to fix it!

Older versions work fine.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. Applying Crop Filter causes illustrator to crash

Hi, I've been trying to use the crop tool from Pathfinder today and every time it's very slow, then freezes, then crashes.. I've got the latest update.. What can be the reason?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

6. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

7. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

8. 'Use Preview Bounds' works wrong with 'Stroke Inside' for Compound Path

If you set set stroke's alignment to inside and check 'Use Preview Bounds' (image 1), AI will draw bounding box (and calculate dimensions) where the stroke would be visible with no alignment (image 2). This is not how it's expected to behave. Th box should wrap the shape.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1 which is available worldwide now.

9. Non Functional Gradient stop bug in 'Color' panel

When adjusting a colour stop its colour is visible in the 'Color' panel's 'Fill' field. You used to be able to cancel the stop colour by clicking on this 'Fill' field to go back to the gradient fill and to get the 'Stroke' colour back in sight.
    This is no longer the case. In spite of Illustrator flashing the tool tip 'Click to cancel' clicking does not work at all. The fill colour is stuck on the 'Colour Stop's colour.
    Now you can only see the 'Stroke' field in the 'Gradient' panel and the 'Tools' panel. This is a pain…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fat bold hidden characters

I'm tired of muzzy white-space-markers, carriage returns and line breaks.
    Why are theese so fat and ugly?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export as SVG: linked image gets deleted

Hi All,
    I have an issue when exporting to SVG.
    I created an AI file with a linked jpg image as a background, and some text on top.
    When I export to SVG, the original jpg image gets deleted (I mean the original file, it disappears from Finder, it's not even in the recycle bin) and then Illustrator gives me the message "Some files are missing or modified in the links panel. Would you like to update them now?".
    So, the first time I export, the SVG is saved correctly but I lose the original image file, if I try…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. change the art board crash

When turning off the eye icon in the layers panel
    and try to change art board size its crash

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On applying tracking via Properties panel, Illustrator issues like Tracking of complete paragraph changes , Bounding Box gets invisible

MacOS, multiple versions, multiple hardware configs
    Illustrator CC2018 & 2019

This has been reported on a number of other posts, but seems to keep being reposted as new entries, rather than upvoted.

Since CC2018 the ability to adjust tracking in Illustrator has been broken. This appeared to begin with the introduction of the Properties Panel in CC2018, but the issues extend to the 'normal/traditional' Character Panel as well.

When adjusting tracking on a single letter or group of letters, the program will glitch and the adjustment value shown in the panel will not reflect the value being incremented. Moreover, deselecting…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rotate dialogue box is now painfully inefficient (CC2019)

Rotate and Scale functions used to work the same, where you could press R+Enter or S+Enter to bring up their respective dialogue boxes, type in a number, and hit Enter. Very fast, very efficient. Now when you call up the Rotate dialogue box, the focus is on this manual angle widget instead of the numeric field. And should you try to use Tab to change the focus to that field you have to hit it 5x.

This used to be extremely efficient, which was great since it's not uncommon to use this feature hundreds of times in a day. It…

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

16. Color panel switches from secondary display to the primary display

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549930

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AI 23.0 crashes when drag-copying simple objects when yo have HotDoor's CADtools installed

Since I installed version 23.0 it frequently and repeatably crashes when drag-copying even the simplest objects. In the latest example it was a line segment -- two connected vertices. After recovering, I rebuilt the objects and tried again -- same result. This is such a basic operation that I do it without thinking -- having it cause an instant crash is very debilitating to my workflow.

MacOS 10.12.6
    iMac Retina 5K 27in Late 2015
    4GHz Core i7
    32GB RAM

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This bug has been fixed with AI version 23.0.2 & fix has been verified from Brendon (Hotdoor).

Please update AI to latest version 23.0.4 (MAC) & 23.0.3 (WIN).

Please do let us know if it is still reproducible at email id:
    sharewithaaiATTHERATEadobeDOTcom

For the crash during image crop you need to start a new thread as it is different from the crash described in this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

18. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Direct Selection tool does not work on text anchors....

For some reason I can no longer select text by anchor using the direct selection tool. If I use the Regular selection tool it acts as it did before the update but the direct selection tool does not.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

20. Gradient stays selected when trying to pick a solid colour

After upgrading to v23, it's become very difficult to switch from having a gradient selected and to having a solid colour.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base