Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Paint Dead

Wow, I haven't seen AI get this slow and bad at basic vector work in years! (Just might be way too bloated.) Had to delete latest version 25.1 and go backwards just to get my day job done on time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting the issue , Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.
    WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Kindly provide a short recording and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us in a zip file on ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
    Also , kindly let us know with which previous version of illustrator it is running fine on your system .

Thanks and Regards ,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

2. New document size - selection problem

When creating a new document, you cannot click into width or height box and select as one and overwrite - previously you could do this.

You have to use backspace - incredibly irritating. Please fix.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting the issue , Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Kindly provide a short recording with some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us in a zip file on ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

Thanks and Regards ,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

3. Scale tool does not remember previous percentage used

Illustrator 24.2.1 scale tool does not remember the previously used scale setting as it used to do in previous iterations of Illustrator. When you Option click with the scale tool, the dialogue box now shows a random scale amount, sometimes a negative number, sometimes even too large for the tool to be used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused due to this issue.

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it at our end. Please help us and share the given details at ShareWithAI@adobe.com

1.) Some video & Test file for our reference
    2.) Your machine details

Also, please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks

4. An unknown error occurred when saving AI file

Since updating to 24.2 on our Macs people are intermittently getting "An unknown error occurred" when trying to save an AI file. We have found in those cases outlining all the fonts will let us save. We are using the latest version of Universal Type Client for our font management.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator Team really appreciate this.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Please Also let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    If yes, then please do let me know about your available time so that I can schedule a connect session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available…

5. Adobe Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)-The latest updated version KEEPS CRASHING on MacOS Mojave

Hi
    I'm having crashing issues with the simplest movements like dragging, changing the type sizes, accidentally double-clicking etc.
    First the screen freezes.
    Later everything goes blank/my screen sometimes goes full black and forced shutdown follows.
    I'm using Macbook Air - MacOs Mojave version 10.14.6. (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3).
    This is happening every time I open up AI without exception.
    Note: When I started my computer in safe mode-AI is working normally.
    What should we do?
    Thanks in advance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fonts are not refreshed when right sided metrics are changed

This issue happens in the context of editing the metrics of a font file multiple times (in order to view new metrics changes in realtime).

Fonts will not always be refreshed to the latest version when overwriting a font file in the Adobe Fonts folder with a new updated version:

• When a right sidebearing of a glyph is changed and the font regenerated, the font is NOT updated in Illustrator.

• Whereas editing a left side bearing and regenerating the font will show the updated font with all edited metrics (both the new left & right sidebearings).

Issue happens in all…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1) Kindly share both version of fonts at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
    2) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in subject of email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

7. delete anchor point tool selecting bottom object

When two anchors of different objects are layered on top of one another, the delete anchor point tool will always select the bottom object, whether I have the top object selected or not. The add anchor point tool and direct selection will select the top object, but I want to be able to delete the anchor from the top object without having to go into isolation mode. This wasn't the case in the previous version.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,
    Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house, Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:
    Kindly provide us with below information .
    Mac:-
    1. /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    2. /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe
    Windows :-
    1. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    2. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator.
    Copy the folders present at above location and mail them to us at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks & Regards,
    Adobe…

8. Type on a path tool resizing causes crash

I have the latest version of Illustrator CC 2020 v. 24.0.3. Unfortunately, everytime I try to resize a type on path, Illustrator crashes. I have restarted the app and system and that didn't help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi David,

Can you please provide some more info?
    1. What is the OS on which you are facing this problem?
    2. Is it specific to some type of path or any type on path object? How you created the path?

Thanks
    Anish

9. Duplicating an Artboard with art on it and then Undoing it, causes crash

if you drag and artboard with art on it while holding option to duplicate, it duplicates fine, but if you Undo, the duplicated artboard remains and you can't delete. sometimes if you try and select the artboard illustrator will crash. the only way to update is to reopen the affected file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Since we are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide the following information to nail down the issue further :
    Kindly provide the machine details and the illustrator version with which the issue is happening .
    Kindly provide the test file and test steps to help us reproducing the issue .

It would be very helpful if you can provide the video recording to reproduce the steps .
    Kindly share the above details ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of mail .

Regards,
    Pooja Garg
    Illustrator Team

10. Illustrator ignores variable font kerning

As described. Illustrator is not interpolating kerning data. Using a font that works well on everything but Illustrator. Left is view in Chrome, right in Illustrator.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Are you facing it with any specific font? Can you please share the details of the font and value of kerning that you applied in snapshot?

Thanks
    Anish

11. Asset Export not respecting Clipping Mask on image

When dragging an image with a clipping mask into Asset Export it will add a white border and export at the original image size, not the clipped size

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Gentle Reminder.

Please share the given details at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    1) If the issue is reproducible on latest build 25.2.3?
    2) Is multiple AI versions installed in your system? If yes, please share the details.
    3) Some video & Test file for our reference.

Thanks,
    Illustrator team

Also, please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks

12. Save/Save As doesn't work in Action

1. Make a new document
    2. Record a new Action for Save (CMD+S) and Save As (Shift+CMD+S), stop Action
    3. Do something in the document - Draw the rectangle for example
    4. Play Save/Save As Action
    5. Close the document (Attention!!! No warning about Save Changes!!!)
    6. Open the document

Result: Opened document doesn't contain the rectangle.
    That means nothing happened with this document while Play Actions

Illustrator ver. 24.0.2
    It is the critical issue and my suggestion to downgrade Illustrator to 24.0.1, if you use "Save/Save as" and "Close" commands in Actions in your work

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end.

Please help by providing the below information:
    1) Is it reproducible on the latest illustrator version 25.4.1?
    2) Kindly share some video, Action recorded script (.aia), the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us at
    ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Rohit Jain
    Illustrator Team

13. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

14. AI displays the START SCREEN on opening the file and the document view do not switches (refreshes) the file content.

We have created this thread to investigate . If you are encountering the below mentioned issues with latest Version (24.0.1 on Mac and Win), then please vote on this User voice thread and provide Test File via File->Package, Video and steps via dropping email at sharewithai@adobe.com along with this thread link so that we can identify and fix the root cause.

1. On opening a file in Illustrator the START SCREEN do not gets dismissed and the file’s content is not visible.
    2. While working on a file and opening a new one the document view sticks to the old file and…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you all for reporting this issue and providing us your valuable feedback.
    Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:
    1)Kindly provide video ,Test Steps or File via File→Package with which you are still facing this issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Please remember to update graphic driver. We are also seeing cases where updating graphic card driver fixes the issue. You can update your driver via https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html .

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

15. Illustrator Not Holding Clipping Masks

Hello. I'm not sure if this is just an "operator error" or if this is a bug in the new Illustrator 2020, but every time I reopen my AI file the clipping masks have been removed. Is there a fix for this? It started happening when I updated to 2020.

Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. アプリが終了してしまう。

Illustrator2020でファイルを保存すると、アプリも終了してしまう。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide the machine details and the test file which you are saving in illustrator .

Kindly share the test file with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks & Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

17. 選択したオブジェクトのバウンディングボックスが表示されない

オブジェクトを「選択ツール」で選択した際に、拡大縮小をするためのバウンディングボックスが表示されません。

illustrator 24.0.1 で発生し、illustrator 23.1.1 では発生しません。

利用している環境は、macOS Catalina 10.15.1 です。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue.
    Please help us in isolating it further. We would need you to check
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine?
    2) If yes, Kindly provide some video, Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    3)Please ensure under Menu Entry View→Show Bounding Box is on.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. scrollbar in the wrong place within panel

The scrollbar should always hug the right edge of panel independent of panel width. However it does not. Looks messy. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We are not able to reproduce the issue in house , Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:
    1)Kindly provide the snapshot of the panel , Screen resolution ,Operating System detail and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

19. Create new file dialog box lags

When I'm working with multiple files, opening and closing, there are times where I copy an object to a new file. I use Command-N, but the dialog box lags and takes several seconds to show up. Is it trying to connect to something online? Why is there lag?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

i am not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Can you please share the following information:

1. Which OS you are working on?
    2. What is the version of AI?
    3. Have you stared facing this issue recently?
    4. If you are using some other Adobe application, Is it happening in that application as well?

Thanks
    Anish

20. text wrap image link

AI 23.0.3 (64-bit) on Windows 10

Automatic image update (if you change an image outside of AI it will ask if you want to update the image in you AI file) does not work when text wrap is on.
    The image has been masked to a shape then text wrap on this new shape.

Hopefully this is a simple fix because I don't want to keep turning text wrapping off when I want to refresh the image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base