Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

751 results found

1. Blinking Cursor absent in Artboard panel

Operating system: Mac OS 10.14.6
    Illustrator version: 24.2.3

Hi, When typing inside the Artboards panel to name artboards the blinking cursor appears to be missing.
    Regards
    Gary

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Duplicated artboards containing Export Assets link to the new artwork not the original

As the title says, Assets in the Export panel move from the original artboard and become linked to the new artwork on the duplicated artboards. Subsequently when you remove any artwork from the new artboard, you inadvertantly remove the asset from the Export panel.

Methodology:
    Duplicate an artboard (which contains an asset in the export assets panel) via the Alt-drag method. Ensure the move/copy artwork option is enabled. Delete the new copy of the artwork/asset on the new artboard, and the asset is removed from the export panel.

Expected behaviour:
    Any link to/connection to export assets should be retained…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BUG: Save As EPS using Artboards changes layer visibility

I have an AI file with two artboards which I. exported into two separate EPS files, however the layer visibility was changed randomly and did not match the current layout. Note, preview "tiff" image in Finder was correct.

Upon opening the file, I had to go through and turn on / off the appropriate layers to bring it back to the current state. Unlocking all layers and attempting to do this again did not change the results.

Must have been introduced in the most recent update as this has previously worked as expected.

Ver 25.2.3 - Mac OS 11.4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Holding Ctrl does not enable Constrain Proportions for artboards

If I have the Constrain Width and Height Proportions lock button depressed/disabled in the Control panel or for the Artboard tool, committing a change with Ctrl+Enter does not apply the change constrained, as it should do.

Hitting Ctrl+Enter in Properties panel does not do anything at all. Properties is so broken.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. bug: Artboard name doesn't stick when pasted in directly in the artboard list

The artboard name does not always stick when entering it in the following manner:
    - in the artboards panel create a new artboard via the [+] icon
    - double-click the title to be able to edit the name
    - paste in the name
    - hit enter

The name shows in the panel, but when clicking the artboard icon at the right of the name the artboard settings panel opens with the old name still showing. If not editing the name here also the name will revert back to the old name after opening and closing another file.

The video shows…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Illustrator 2018 Artboard Problem

Every time I try to add a new artboard or rearrange existing artboards it causes Illustrator to freeze and I have to force quit. This was not a problem in Ai2017, please fix.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Moving artboard with locked layers prompt warning

In 24.1, every time I move the artboard with my layers locked, I get the warning: "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboard will not be moved." EVERY TIME!
    There is no "Don't show me this again" option and I am constantly adjusting artboards to fit customer's artwork.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Artboard names change back to what it was after renaming

Working on a document with multiple artboards. After renaming several dartboards, their naming returns back to what it was before I renamed them.
    I need the artboards to have specific names for exporting to SVG. So this is really frustrating.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

10. Artboard size not working

Hi,
    Having issues with artboards, including some listed earlier. Today's new issue:

Created an artboard 490px x 490px. Instead the artboard size is 490px x 489.6px.

Try to resize artboard, but the action doesn't take. See video.

Illustrator CC 2018 20.0.1

Thanks,
    Carla

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

11. Bug in entering number values in transform panel

Version: CC 22 (and has happened in previous versions)

There is a small bug that happens often when using the transform panel. I use it a lot to move and size objects with precision. Many times, I will want to move an object with the X and Y values. I will type a number, press enter and a completely different number value will automatically appear in the box and move it to that value. For example, I want to move an object to 4.25" in the Y axis and after I press enter, a value of…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now obvious the issue was not fixed fully. The developers are aware of it now. Let’s hope it will be fixed soon enough.

If you have a solid order of steps which reproduce this behavior, share them in comments, because only some machines are affected. Please help the team to isolate it.

12. Split to grid on multiple artboards

Tdlr: horisontal guides made with "split to grid" go onto the first artboard, when they shouldn't.

I use split to grid to make myself a grid to work on and it works fine on a single artboard. But if i try to make split to grid on any other artboard than the first one, it sends the horisontal guides to the first artboard and keeps the vertical ones on the correct one. The lines stay grouped and can be moved, but it takes extra time and effort.
    This happended on different machines.

Writing this on a phone, but I can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can’t reproduce in the latest version.

The description is no exactly clear, so it’d be nice to get a video of the behavior, along with the exact steps: what configuration of artboards do you have, what and how do you split exactly, what do you do next to make guides.

13. Artboard tooltip cannot be dismissed

When I double click on an Artboard to open its properties, I receive a blue tooltip "Shift-click to select multiple artboards. Alternatively, Shift-drag to draw a marquee...". However, I am unable to dismiss this tooltip because the Artboard Options dialog is open, and that is at the highest z-index, and I cannot interact with any other interface unless I dismiss this dialog.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

14. Downsampling not working properly with Extra large artboards

When saving into a PDF file larger than 225.5417" it uses the new extra large artboard feature (since version 24.2). This applies a scaling factor of 10 so that the file can be viewed properly in Acrobat.

The issue is that if you downsample your images it doesn't take into account the scaling factor. This means for a 1000" document, if I want to downsample to 300 dpi/in, I will need 300 000 dpi. But, the downsampling tools views the document as being 100" instead, and I end up with 30 000 dpi. So the end result is a 30dpi/in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Saving Issues on Large Artboards

I am working in the Illustrator 2020 with Windows 10. The issue I have is that when I initially work on a project with an artboard say 300"x300" it works great and seems to save just fine. However after I close out and go to re-open the saved file it comes in at 10% scale. My new artboard is 30"x30". Am I missing something? I feel like the file should remain how you saved it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Guides preventing "Delete Empty Artboard"

1. Mac OS 10.12.6
    2. Delete art from artboards try to delete empty artboard
    3. Expect empty artboards to be deleted
    4. Nothing

If I delete guides that cross those empty artboards, artbaords can be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Artboard Missing

When I open the saved file, I find my artboards missing. The weird part is it saves my work. So every time I open the file I have to create new artboards for the layout I had done.
    Attached Adobe Files consists of 2 layouts:
    Page 1: Original Layout
    Page 2: When I re-open the file. I find all the artboards missing except for a default artboard.

Very frustrating to recreate the artboards every time.

Thanks
    Regards

Mahesh Sutar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't create 4th artboard

Everytime i try to add artboards, somewhat AI skip 4th artboards, and just straight to 5th artboard, so when i add artboards again, there would be 2 5th artboard, and only the second one exported (if it exported)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Artboard list drops off when saving

With multiple artboards setup. "Save a copy" to EPS and select "Use Artboards" Select "all".

EPS's export fine, artboards still in there, but artboard listing drops all but top artboard. If you click around a bit, they re-appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. toggle show / view all layers on all artboards not working ai 2020

show all layers all artboards not working ai 2020
    have to click the eye to view each and every layer on each artboard/layer that is hidden.

It will HIDE ALL layers using pull down menu or keyboard shortcuts -- but IF I have manually clicked a few layers to hide them, and then want to turn ALL back on at once -- it won't SHOW all layers either way of using pull down > show all layers menu or using opt shift click or Cmd shift click or CMD click or any kind of keyboard shutcut.

The layers I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?