Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

753 results found

1. Artboard list drops off when saving

With multiple artboards setup. "Save a copy" to EPS and select "Use Artboards" Select "all".

EPS's export fine, artboards still in there, but artboard listing drops all but top artboard. If you click around a bit, they re-appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Artboards jumping across screen

My operating system is Catalina. 10.15.7
    Illustrator CC 2021
    Apple Mac 2020 27". 40GB RAM

I have an issue with the whole artboard juddering across the screen when I move an element in illustrator. The juddering can last 60 seconds or more.

I am a packaging designer and use a WACOM. This only happens when the WACOM is in use, to the point I have to physically unplug it and use a mouse (not ideal) to stop it happeneing. I have spoken to WACOM who tell me they have contacted Adobe, but the issue still isn't fixed.

Can you assist?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. toggle show / view all layers on all artboards not working ai 2020

show all layers all artboards not working ai 2020
    have to click the eye to view each and every layer on each artboard/layer that is hidden.

It will HIDE ALL layers using pull down menu or keyboard shortcuts -- but IF I have manually clicked a few layers to hide them, and then want to turn ALL back on at once -- it won't SHOW all layers either way of using pull down > show all layers menu or using opt shift click or Cmd shift click or CMD click or any kind of keyboard shutcut.

The layers I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Artboard sequence

Converting Objects to artboards does not match layers sequences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting multiple artboards in Illustrator CC does not accept layer masks

I work for a big company where we create illustrator files with multiple artboards in them (kinda like a sequence) and then export them as PNG for our website.
    Its a type of a users manual. We have to crop our artwork with masks, so that one artwork doesnt overlap the other. To do this, we use clipping masks. While my coworkers make the mask over the artwork, which groups all the layers together, I greate a new layer, make it a clipping mask and then drag the artwork into that clipping layer, so I can keep my layers, since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SVG Export ignores layer id <g> tag for some artboards and layers, but not all of them

When exporting to SVG, some tags are ignored and some are not for the same document and export event.
    I tried reproducing the problem and were successful.
    Also, I tried fixing the problem and were, in a sense, successful.

Fixed it using the assets option on the export panel: it creates 2 layers <g> tags. One of them has the correct naming (stroke) and the other is just generic (Layer2). The compiler put stroke inside layer2. Not good for my automation process and where did layer_2 come from? I did not create it.

Another fix is to save…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Cmd-Shift-A selects all artboards

Cmd-Shift-A usually deselects all. But while the Artboard tool is selected, the same shortcut selects all… the same as pressing Cmd-A.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exported files omit names of artboards

When I selected the page range, the exporting file didn't have the artboard name. I am using the latest version on mac m1 max with the latest system. After reinstalling the older version, the problem has gone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple Artboards X and Y axis not resetting

This is a new issue: normally the X and Y axis reset when you click on an alternate artboard but recently, it's maintain the X and Y of the first artboard. My sample is a 4"x4", 4-artboard layout, and the shape is on artboard 2, horizontal to artboard 1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple DXF conversions overwrite other artboards

On my iMac with OSX Mojave.

If I import 2 dxf files for conversion and leave their tabs available, the next to be imported overwrites the second tab placing the image on top of what is already there and then proceeds to open the 3rd tab with a blank Artboard.

In the attached screenshot, the overplayed image is with red lines, the original image on that tab is in black lines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unable to retain the last active artboard on switching from another file

This is related to this issue here, though I'm unable to vote or comment on it. So I'm reposting this issue, because it's still annoying.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I ⌘+Tilde (~), on certain documents (the setting seems to be saved to a document), it automatically Fits Artboard to Screen on the last artboard of the document. It is confusing, and annoying, and interrupts workflows where I need to move quickly between artboards. Please fix this.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

13. Artboard 2 unnecessary

Every new document created has 2 artboards (At least when creating from the 1920x1080 HD video template) Every time I go to export a jpg or png via save for web, it slows to a crawl because of a huge unnecessary artboard. I only want to export the size artboard I created, the HD size. But I have to wait for it to catch up and then cancel, delete the useless artboard, then go back to exporting. The whole process takes several minutes and is infuriating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Illustrator 2018 Version 22.1 Opening multiple-page PDF - Artboard Issue

Opened multiple-paged PDF file to show all pages as artboards
    Saved file as PDF after editing (another name)
    Opened said PDF file and all pages as artboards show up as default

I'm not able to choose if I want to work with a single page on this PDF anymore?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export as PNG includes all hidden artboards into dimensions of image (V24.1)

The latest release of Illustrator no longer exports just the active content of a file, but now also includes the dimensions of all the inactive (hidden) content in a file. PNG bug 2 shows the export of a single item in an artwork with many layers and items with just the visible item (in version 24.02), PNG bug shows the same export in the 24.1 version of Illustrator, which includes the outermost dimensions of all the hidden content. It is therefore no longer possible to export a single shape from a larger design with the dimensions of that shape.
    Please…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. artboards 1600% - 1700% zoom display error

Dear Adobe, this an annoying feature or bug, which is always pursue me.

When I select an artboard with double click, which contains an icon (64x64px), always give me a visual error.

First time automatic switch to 1700% zoom, and mess up the pixels, looks like slips over the grid, arround 0.5 px.

If I click on it one more, or zoom in and out, the pixels are jump to the right place.

This is all time made me crazy because all of my icon need to be pixelperfect, always when I try to rename an icon, go to this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Artboard selection bugs in Illustrator CC 2018

There are a number of bugs related to Illustrator CC 2018 losing artboard selection (no highlight in the artboard list in the artboard panel), and losing sync between actual artboard selection and displayed (highlighted) selection. These include:

When copying an artboard by dragging and dropping it onto the New Artboard icon in the Artboard panel, and then dragging that new artboard to a new position in the artboard list, the selection is displayed on the new artboard in its new location, but in fact, the original artboard is still selected. Double-clicking on the new artboard does NOT move selection to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

18. Superscript number bug

Whenever I start typing a number in a text box it ALWAYS automatically makes the number SUPERSCRIPT by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Artboard name - Export for screens bug

Latest version of CC.
    If you name an artboard with a "/" in the name - when you go to export for srceens and choose artboards - it'll report an error.

For example an Artboard called Sign In / Registration will produce an error when trying to save the artboard using "Export for Screens".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is working as designed.
    Windows has some limitation that is cannot have “/” and several other characters in the name of a file. So we restricted them from being added from Export for Screens dialog( for consistency purpose on both Windows and Macintosh ). Though we can have them from artboards panel but when you will export the artboard (through older route) those will be replaced by a “-”.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal

20. Export for Screens not updating Artboard titles

I've been copy/pasting my artboards and renaming them to save time.

I've noticed though that Export for Screens doesn't always update the artboard name, despite the artboard name being changed.

I've seen this bug a few times now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base