Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. [25.3.1 macOS]Photoshopで作成したpsd画像に日本語のクリッピングパスが使用されていると、Illustratorに配置してもクリッピングパスが反映されない

再現手順

Photoshop v21.2.9(2020)やv22.2(2021)など日本語のクリッピングパスでの不具合がないバージョンで、日本語のクリッピングパスを適用したpsd画像を作成。
    Illustrator v25.3.1(2021)で、1で作成した画像を配置するとクリッピングパスが適用されずに配置される。Photoshopでクリッピングパスを欧文にすれば、Illustrator v25.3.1でクリッピングパスが適用された状態で配置される。なおIllustrator v24.3および v25.2.3ではこの不具合は再現されませんでした。

※photoshopで作成した画像フォーマットが、eps,tiff.pdfの場合はこの不具合は再現されませんでした。

動作環境

macOS Big Sur バージョン11.4

MacBook Pro 15-inch 2016

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

みなさま、大変お待たせいたしました。

Illustrator 2021(ver.25.3.1)で発生していた、Photoshop(v21.2.9 や v22.2 など)の日本語名のクリッピングパスでの不具合がないバージョンの PSD ファイルでも、日本語名のクリッピングパスが認識されない問題の修正が完了し、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)をリリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、お確かめください。

もし、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.2.3)と同じ結果が得られないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

【追記 – 2021年8月27日】
    Photoshop 2021 が ver.22.5 にアップデートされ、日本語パス名の文字化け問題が修正されました。
    Illustrator でもクリッピングパスが正しく認識されます。
    https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

3. Blue learn box won't go away

I cannot see part of my workspace because the blue learn box covers up the panels and I cannot get it to go away. How am I supposed to use your program when your supposedly helpful box covers up what I need to see in order to create projects? This is unbelievably frustrating, and I am probably going to have to use some other program to create my logo since I cannot use the work space because of this idiotic blue learn bubble that won't go away and can't be moved, apparently.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. 38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

5. When using optical type feature, since the update it displays the type as if it has no spaces?

Running version 25.3 on illustrator.

16.21 indesign.

Since updating me and a few people i know who also use the software across indesign and illustrator have seen when using the optical type feature, it displays the type as if it has no spaces? Type treatment is thrown off to what is traditionally correct. Please fix this! This will have a massive knock on affect with branding agencies if rules are changing regarding such simple things.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Canvas Rotation Feature is obstructing regular pinching in or out gesture for zooming, when using the trackpad

When using the pinching in or out gesture on the trackpad, to zoom in or out.
    The artboard gets rotated very easily if there is even a slight rotation in the gesture while.

And then part 2 of problem. Its impossible to set it back to 0degrees. It keeps snapping between some low degrees

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. プリセット

Illustratorのバージョン:25.2.3
    使用デバイス:Mac book pro(mac OS,M1)

・新規作成の際にプリセットが出ず、テンプレートのみ出てくる

新規ドキュメントを作成の際、通常であれば印刷やwebなどさまざまな媒体に合わせたプリセットが出てくるはずだが、それが一切出てこない。テンプレートの提案のみ出てくる。

パソコンの再起動、アプリのアンインストールや、creative cloudのログアウトなどを行っても改善されず。

非常に困っています。検索しても解決法が見当たりません。よろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告の問題は、再現することができませんでした。
    ご使用されているマシンの環境依存の問題と思われますので、カスタマーサポートへお問い合わせください。

こちらの報告は、対応終了とさせていただきますが、もし、同様の問題が発生するという方がいらっしゃいましたら、こちらにコメントをお願いします。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

8. Macmini ベータ版 ガイドラインのバグ

パスをガイドライン化するとガイドライン化したツールが一定方向に移動してしまう。ルーラーからガイドラインをアートボード上に引き出しても同様。一定方向に移動してしまう。ガイドラインも異常な太さで、ロックしていない状態で移動ツールを使っての移動ができない。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 投げ縄ツール

投げ縄選択ツールが機能しない。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご報告いただいた現象は再現できず、追加情報もございませんので、こちらは一旦、対応終了とさせていただきます。
    今後、同様の現象が発生した場合には、こちらにコメントをお寄せください。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

10. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. Pasting text on selected text changes properties

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
    Chip: Apple M1
    Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
    Memory: 16 GB
    System Firmware Version: 6723.81.1

Illustrator version: 25.3 265@236190

Pasting text over selected text, it changes properties to properties of neighbouring text of the same text block

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 文字の整列を実行すると、文字がドキュメントの端に移動する

1.Windows10 Illustrator CC v25.2.3
    2.オブジェクトの整列を左揃えにするとドキュメントの左端に移動してしまう。
    3.現状の位置で整列してほしい。

よろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご報告の問題は再現できませんでしたので、一旦こちらの報告の対応は終了させていただきます。
    やはり仕様ではなくバグという場合には、こちらにコメントいただければと存じます。

よろしくお願いいたします。
    Illustrator チーム

13. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

14. Mac OS Save As file name highlight bug

Productivity killing bug in Illustrator 25.2.3, but not Photoshop 22.3.1!:

Mac OS (Catalina, currently) Save As dialog box highlights the entire file name, including the extension, which has been a bug the past several versions. For over a decade, Save As would not include the extension in the highlight, so one could tap the arrow key once to the end of the file name to change it, to increment a version number for example. This bug has been a huge stumbling block in my productivity.

Also, in Illustrator, the sometimes Save As does not highlight the file name at all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tooltips in Recolor Artwork Panel are Backwards

It seems to me that the tooltips in the Recolor Artwork panel are backwards.

The left button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Saturation and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Brightness, which it actually does.

The right button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Brightness and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Saturation, which it actually does.

If I am misunderstanding something, then the tooltips are at the very least extremely confusing.

I'm using Illustrator 25.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

16. 勝手にファイルが保存されてしまう

Adobe Illustrator 2020の一部のaiデータで保存する前にファイルと閉じようとすると、勝手に保存されてしまいます。環境設定の自動保存はすべてチェックを入れて外して適用したのですが変わりません。
    ファイルはクラウドドキュメントではなく、NASに配置しているファイルです。

しかも発生するときは何度か再起動すると発生しなくなりますので、バグではないかと考えています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

18. Illustrator RulerUnits returns Unknown for 'Feet' and 'Feet and Inches'

Illustrator recently added 'Feet' and 'Feet and Inches' to the available ruler units; however, when a user selects one of these units, the scripting side returns 'RulerUnits.Unknown' for 'activeDocument.RulerUnits'.

For scripting, the corresponding 'RulerUnits.*' value should be added so that developers can respond to the selected units.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

19. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

20. Change in Text position for Type on Path

Illustrator 24.3 vers 25.2.2 sur Mac OS 10.14.6, le texte curviligne bouge d'une version à l'autre. Créer dans Illustrator 24.3 le résultat n'est plus le même à l'ouverture en Illustrator 25.2.2

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base