Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. CC Library complains about Legacy format in AI 2020

In AI 24.0.1, drag an object to a library and this message appears:
    "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?"
    See also:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/problem-saving-vector-graphic-to-library/m-p/10766805#M156166

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Kindly try out the following steps as the resolution for this issue -
    1. Close Illustrator in-case it is already open
    2. Go to the following folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\locale\x64\New Document Profiles for mac ~User/Library/Appliction Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24/locale/New Document Profiles
    3. Take backup of this somewhere
    4. Delete the original folder
    5. Re-launch Illustrator

Thanks
    Ankit Goyal

2. cmd+shift+n doesn't create new folder in Finder-Save-Dialouge anymore after last update

When you save a file (save as, save, save copy, ...) you can not create a new folder via cmd+shift+n anymore after the latest 24.0.1 "bug fix update" which I received today.

Please fix this again!

(Mac OS 10.13.6 / Illustrator 24.0.1

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Saving operation get cancelled when Save in background is checked.

When Save in the background checkbox is checked, saving the document using the script, gives an error operation was cancelled and the automation process stop. But if uncheck this setting everything works fine. This happens when we show our custom progress bar dialog. So I think progress bar dialog is interfering with the process of saving the document in the background. Could you please look into this issue and see what can be done for this at your end?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Mouse right-click Select next Object Below does not work

When I right-click with the mouse on an object and try to select next object below it does not work/does nothing.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

5. Pathfinder Incorrect Work

Hi!
    I have a problem with Pathfinder in new Illustrator version 24 (2020) (macOS 10.15.1). Please look at the image attached. Pathfinder doesn't cut a compound shape out of a path or another compound shape. It merges the two instead.
    It worked fine in the previous version of Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

7. Refresh problems in Trim View - Illustrator 24.0

I'm not sure this is exclusive to GPU, but in Trim View sometimes when working with content, it stops refreshing properly and causing anomalies on screen

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Please remove the "The document [name] is currently getting saved. It will be closed after the save is complete." dialog

Or at least make that optional. It's a common practice to Command-S, Command-W, and now it's an extra step to hit "ok". If you don't click okay (or press enter), it just hangs there, not doing anything until you get rid of the dialog.

Either make the dialog optional, or handle it like InDesign, where the dialog disappears when the file is saved and then the window closes.

SO annoying with 2020 AI

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. Want to give an update that we have removed the dialog, and the new experience is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now, in case you want to give it a try. Now, there will be no blocking message, we will show a “soft message” which will auto-dismiss .

Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

9. Illustrator v24.0 on macOS 10.15.1: rotate-panel has changed to the bad side

The rotate-tool had the numeric angle-input activated till v23. now in v24, this field has to be selected manually, which costs me a lot of time. Please change this back. To me this bad for efficiency.

My workflow before:
    - select path
    - press command-R
    - enter angle
    - press enter
    I can do this blind and very fast.

My workflow now means to manually select the field for entering the rotating angle, which is very annoying ! It takes much more time to do this now.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

11. crash cc2020 24.0 when export rasterized file with spot colors

Dear Sir. Madam,
    when I export psd file after rasterized CMYK plus SpotColor illustrator CC20 24.0 crash.
    please contact me for further information
    thank you
    Best Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

12. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

13. illustrator save as PDF bug - v24.0

i have a problem with the new version of illustrator 2020 (v24):

if i save a file as PDF i am not able to open it or preview it
    - see the test.pdf how all pdf files saved under illustrator v24 looks for me...

System: iMac Pro 2017 - Mojave 10.14.6

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

14. ILLUSTRATOR 2020 CRASHES ON SCRIPTS - SYMLINK - APPLE

Hi, We are using with our company the folder Scripts (Presets Illustrator) that is connected to a Cloud folder with a Symbolic Link (Apple) = Production workflow. It allways worked in previous versions but after installing Illustrator 2020 - Illustrator allways crashed when you go to main menu "File". Can you give us a solutions for this! Urgent issue for us !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Closing while saving dialogue box has a grammatical error.

The close-while-saving dialogue box says "Close anyways" as an option which bugs me because it should read as "anyway" not "anyways." The latter is grammatically incorrect. Not to mention that "getting saved" is also wrong and should be "being saved"

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release, where we have redesigned this dialog. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

16. ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) glyphs not recognised as the same character

The glyphs ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) are lower and upper case of the Icelandic character eth. Illustrator has no problems working with them, except when you need to change the case, whether you do that by Type->Change Case or by changing the character attribute to All caps (or small caps for that matter).

This is a recurring bug in Illustrator, which has been fixed at least twice before, but somehow creeps in a few versions later. I suspect some legacy code in the internal text engine, which does not reflect the relationship between the two characters.

I’m including a…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

17. Saving a file should not highlight the extension

When saving (copy, exporting, etc), the save box highlights the extension. This should not happen. Soon as you choose a different format, the extension is no longer highlighted (which is good and how it should be). The extension should not be highlighted. This Illustrator bug happened after the Mac Catalina update.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't save files in Catalina

With the new OS Catalina, Illustrator no longer can save, save as or export any file. This is a critical issue. Not sure how it would be missed in testing. is it a known issue and being worked on?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.0

For the issue where you are encountering “An unknown error has occurred” while saving the document then please go to the following link to track the status of this issue:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38961718-v-24-generic-error-while-saving-files-disappear

Warm Regards,
    Illustrator Team

19. SVG Stroke Widths are not scaled according to viewBox

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected: it should display two horizontal lines
    actual: it appears as a rectangle because the lines are touching

here are two lines, 200px apart, with 100px stroke width in a 500x500 SVG with a viewbox of 1000x1000. since the viewbox is twice the size of the SVG document, the stroke width should be scaled down to 50px and the lines should not overlap.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alt + Scroll wheel doesn't zoom

Just updated to 23.05 (64 bit windows 10) and the alt+mouse wheel no longer zooms. It just scrolls left and right same as CTRL+mouse wheel. If I use ALT+Shift+Mouse wheel it does scroll.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base