Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. ドロップシャドウのデフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなく4色になっている

発見はMacOS Catalina(10.15.7)ですが、Windows10でも同様でした。
    Illustrator2021(25.2)のドロップシャドウにおいて、デフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなくC93%、M88%、Y89%、K80%になっています。RGBベースのカラー設定がCMYKモードに持ち越されているものと思われますが、印刷において事故の原因となりますので早急に修正願います。

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

2. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

4. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

5. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

7. Blend Modes Hotkeys are broken

Illustrator allows users to set custom hotkeys for blend modes, in Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools, right in the very bottom.
    Aside from direct commands for each available blend mode, there are two contextual keys: Next Mode and Previous Mode.

They don’t work as expected. Let’s make a simple test.
    1. Assign Shift+9 (displayed as 'Shift+(' — which is not correct, actually) for Previous and Shift+0 ('Shift+(') for Next blend mode.
    2. Put two colored shapes in a stack, to see what’s happening when you change modes
    3. Open Transparency panel, to see which mode is chosen (for some reason Properties…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

9. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

10. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

11. Drop shadows appear lighter in v28.1

Drop shadows appear lighter in version 28.1 compared to previous versions.

Applying a drop shadow and opening the same file side-by-side in two versions makes this clear. Both shadows have the same settings, files have the same colour settings and profile, and are displayed on the same monitor.

The example images show version 28.1 and 27.9, but the change is evident between 28.0 and 28.1.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pathfinder Incorrect Work

Hi!
    I have a problem with Pathfinder in new Illustrator version 24 (2020) (macOS 10.15.1). Please look at the image attached. Pathfinder doesn't cut a compound shape out of a path or another compound shape. It merges the two instead.
    It worked fine in the previous version of Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2020ファイルフォーマット、後方互換性の破壊

iMac 27inch(2020/32GB/1TB/Corei5)
    macOS10.15.7

リンク配置したJPG画像に対してエフェクトをかけると以前のバージョンのイラストレータ(ver.24およびver.25)でPGF部分を正常に認識できずにPDF部分より復元しようとする。

再現手順
    1. ver.26.0.1にて新規ドキュメントを作成し、JPG画像を配置する。JPG画像自体は埋め込まずリンク画像としてあつかう。
    2. 配置画像に対して「効果→スタイライズ→ドロップシャドウ」のアピアランスを適用する。
    3. 2020形式で当該ファイルを保存。
    4. Illustrator2021にて当該ファイルを開くとネイティブ部分のデータを読み込めず、ダイアログが表示されPDF部分のデータよりリカバリを行おうとする。

実際の結果
    旧バージョンにてIllustratorファイルを正常に開くことが出来ない。

期待される結果
    2020形式で保存した場合、ver.24及び25にて従来のように正常にファイルを開くことができる。

これはJPG画像をリンクとして配置したものにエフェクトを適用すると起こるようです。スタイライズのみならずトリムマークやPhotoshop効果等でも同様の症状が出ます。
    しかしながら、すべてのJPGで再現するわけではありません。条件を特定しようとしたのですが特定に至っていません。
    当該ファイルを添付いたしますので確認頂けると幸いです。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    こちらの問題が修正された Illustrator 2022(ver.26.0.2)が、製品リリースされました。 みなさん、ご協力ありがとうございました。 こちらのトピックは対応完了とさせていただきます。 コメントはオープンにしておきますので、何か問題がありましたらご報告ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  14. Opacity Doesn't Live Update when using Properties Panel + Keyboard

AI Version: 25.2
    Using CPU & GPU Preview

Problem:

• With an object selected, open the Properties Panel.
    • Click in the Opacity field and use the keyboard to increment the opacity up or down.
    • Note that the object's opacity doesn't change unless the change is accepted either by pressing the Return key, or clicking into the artwork.

Expected Behaviour:

• As the opacity is adjusted using the keyboard, the artwork should demonstrate the changed opacity.

Notes:
    - If you use the Transparency Panel, and adjust the Opacity there, the keyboard commands are recognized as usual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Archana Kumari

Illustrator Team

15. Big Sur and native Effects gallery crash

Anybody else getting Illustrator CC2019 and 2020 to crash in Big Sur (beta) when accessing the Filter Gallery (eg. Effect > Texture > Grain)?

You don't even have to apply the effect. Simply opening that window will doom you to a crash.

Tested with latest public releases of CC2019 + 2020 and macOS 11 Beta (20A5384c) on 2015 iMac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base