Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Illustrator desktop version 27.8 Error message [UKCO] after update on 8-3-2023

I get the following error message upon starting up Illustrator desktop.
    "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [UKCO]"
    The app opens and I can create a new doc but the message keeps popping up.
    For now I'm reverting back to a previous version.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. MAC: System has run out of memory and force quits - Activity Monitor shows > 100GB

After launching Illustrator it will force quit with an error message "your system has run out of application memory." I have 8GB of memory and no other applications are open or running when I launch Illustrator. I am noticing in the activity monitor that illustrator is using a large amount of memory, extremely higher that usual. This started happening a few days ago and I have no changes to my OS or updates to Illustrator CC

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing on mac

illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing until I restart the whole system on mac. I have the latest version

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Illustrator 23.0.1 crashing almost immediately after launch

I am running Mojave 10.14.2 (system screenshot attached). Every time I start Illustrator, it runs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. There are no error messages; it just dies. The same thing happens with InDesign. Photoshop appears to run without issue.

I have tried looking for updates in the CC app, but it says that the programs are all up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but the issue remains.

I have seen responses for similar issues where Adobe techs say that the issue has been fixed on version 23.0.1, but that is not the case;…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try again, there was a server level issue that was leading to a crash on January 9th 2019

NOTE: This issue is only for the scenario where Illustrator 23.0.1 / 23.0.0 started crashing on January 9th 2019

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base