Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Distribute spacing units work wrong

Hello,

Illustrator 23.0.2. I use "cm" units in whole software, but Distribute Spacing right now working only in points...

I think your software is falling down year by year.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

4. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. Select > Same > (Fill, Stroke, etc.) no longer working in charts

Adobe CC2018
    When using the direct selection tool to select a single element of a chart or graph, Illustrator no longer responds to the Select > Same > ... commands. This is a feature we rely upon for everyday capabilities when styling charts. When I try the command, it does not select anything within the chart. If I ungroup the chart, or use the Select > Same > (options) with other Illustrator shapes, it works as normal. The problem surfaced immediately after I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

6. Illustrator 2022 Ver 26.0.1: Freezes/Crashes on Exit

Illustrator 2022 works fine, launches as usual. Yet when exiting the software, no matter if used or not, it freezes. The only way to properly exit the app is via Task Manager: End Process.

Software has already been stress tested, cleaned up and reinstalled. Issue doesn't persist in previous version.

System Information:
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎20-‎Jun-‎21
    OS build 19043.1288
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When using optical type feature, since the update it displays the type as if it has no spaces?

Running version 25.3 on illustrator.

16.21 indesign.

Since updating me and a few people i know who also use the software across indesign and illustrator have seen when using the optical type feature, it displays the type as if it has no spaces? Type treatment is thrown off to what is traditionally correct. Please fix this! This will have a massive knock on affect with branding agencies if rules are changing regarding such simple things.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

8. Pasting text on selected text changes properties

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
    Chip: Apple M1
    Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
    Memory: 16 GB
    System Firmware Version: 6723.81.1

Illustrator version: 25.3 265@236190

Pasting text over selected text, it changes properties to properties of neighbouring text of the same text block

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

9. Can't input search or rename Japanese in the Creative Cloud Library panel

• Windows 10 20H2
    • Illustrator 25.1

Can't input Japanese in the Creative Cloud Library panel.

• Input Japanese in the search box
    • Rename the registered library in Japanese

Checking with 3 PC.

Original message (written by Japanese) :

Creative Cloud ライブラリのパネルで、日本語入力ができません。

• 検索ボックスで日本語入力ができない
    • 登録済みのライブラリに対して日本語でのリネームができない

3台のPCで確認をしています。

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

11. Closing while saving dialogue box has a grammatical error.

The close-while-saving dialogue box says "Close anyways" as an option which bugs me because it should read as "anyway" not "anyways." The latter is grammatically incorrect. Not to mention that "getting saved" is also wrong and should be "being saved"

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release, where we have redesigned this dialog. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

12. Fat bold hidden characters

I'm tired of muzzy white-space-markers, carriage returns and line breaks.
    Why are theese so fat and ugly?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unable to retain the last active artboard on switching from another file

This is related to this issue here, though I'm unable to vote or comment on it. So I'm reposting this issue, because it's still annoying.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I ⌘+Tilde (~), on certain documents (the setting seems to be saved to a document), it automatically Fits Artboard to Screen on the last artboard of the document. It is confusing, and annoying, and interrupts workflows where I need to move quickly between artboards. Please fix this.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

15. Version info disappeared from “Get Info” of Finder

macOS 10.12.6
    CC 22.1

For ai files saved using v22.1, version info is not displayed in “Get Info” of Finder.
    When checking with xattr command, com.apple.ResourceFork did not exist in those file.
    Did the specifications change?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resource Fork in .ai files are removed in version 22.1. This is done to prevent an intermittent crash while saving Illustrator files to smb volume on macOS 10.13. Apple deprecated resource fork many years ago.

Following Apple document talks about deprecations that lead to removal of Resource From .ai files
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/releasenotes/General/CarbonCoreDeprecations/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012224-CH1-SW28

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreservices/carbon_core/file_manager?language=objc

16. Pressing keyboard arrows while 'Snap to grid' is on nudges art by two instead of one

I can't use keyboard arrows to move art around the document because AI almost every time moves art at 2mm instead of 1mm, which is set in preferences.

1. Create document, e.g. A4, with units set as mm
    2. Set grid 10×10 — it's my mostly used grid, because I live in metric world
    3. Set 'Keyboard increment' to 1mm
    4. Enable 'Snap to grid'
    5. Draw custom-sized rectangle
    6. Press Up or Down several times and watch how coordinates change

Expected:
    Rectangle's Y should go like this:
    55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61...

Actual result:
    Rectangle jumps like this:
    55, 57, 58, 61, 63,…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

17. Artboard selection bugs in Illustrator CC 2018

There are a number of bugs related to Illustrator CC 2018 losing artboard selection (no highlight in the artboard list in the artboard panel), and losing sync between actual artboard selection and displayed (highlighted) selection. These include:

When copying an artboard by dragging and dropping it onto the New Artboard icon in the Artboard panel, and then dragging that new artboard to a new position in the artboard list, the selection is displayed on the new artboard in its new location, but in fact, the original artboard is still selected. Double-clicking on the new artboard does NOT move selection to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

18. テキストの半角スペースに点が現れる

Ver 25.3.1 windows

25.3.1にバージョンアップすると突然テキストの半角スペースにピリオドが現れました。

1. テキストに半角スペースを打つ
    2. テキストに線幅を入れて縁取りにする
    3. その線の線端を丸型線端にする

するとスペース部分に点が現れます。テキストをアウトライン化すると消えますが、そのままPDF書き出しすると残ります。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でテキストに丸型線端の線幅が追加されると、半角スペースに点が表示される」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

19. スタート画面に表示されるプリセットの修正要望

Illustratorのバージョン:25.2.1(macOS ,Bigsur)
    スタート画面のプリセットの修正をお願いします。

・「A4」の単位の表記をmmに修正してほしい
    ・「はがき」のカラー設定をRGBからCMYKにしてほしい

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

20. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?