Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock/unlock width and height while scaling

If I have a rectangle for example and I unlock the width and height so that I can change the values separately, If I change the width or height (size) the object transforms proportionally.

Example:

Object 500 H x 500 W px (locked):
    If I change H -50px I get 450 H x 450 W px.

Problem

Object 500 H x 500 W px (Unlocked):
    If I change H -50px I expected to get 450 H x 500 W px.
    But what I get is 450 H x 450 W px.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct Selection Tool not showing bounding box

Hi,
    When I'm selecting an object using the Direct Selection Tool there is no bounding box to it or any other indication that the object is selected.
    I checked the View menu, and it is set on to show the bounding box, so I assume there is a bug causing this.
    It doesn't matter what kind of object I select, or whether it's in a group or not - the result is the same: no bounding box or even anchors are shown.

I'm using the latest release - 23.0.1 on windows 10 (updated).

Thanks
    Ori Manor

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Request to Contact Support  ·  3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Basic or Advanced setting for toolbar does not work everytime I open Illustrator.

Whenever I open a fresh artboard of Illustrator CC 2019, I can't open the Basic or Advanced toolbar, It keep saying 'The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANT]. I have to redo customised toolbar again and again. Any fix for this bug? Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The keyboard stops to work

The keyboard stops to work with no reason apparent. I have to restart the app to fix it (for a while).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2019 AI GPU Preview Is Worse Than Before and Buggy

2019 AI GPU Preview Is Worse Than Before and Buggy

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Window size not big enough - Can't open the illustration

When I try to open a document from my drive, I get a pop-up window that says: Can't open the illustration. There is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again.

I've only had this issue since the last update. What can I do to fix this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

7. tab

Above the top ruler I should be able to see a tab, or multiple tabs when several files are open. However all that is shown is a cropped "Ai" ident. This means the only way I can flick between files is by through "Window" in the top panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Paste on All Artboards Not Working

I have a design on a single artboard. I want to paste it to other artboards to prepare my color separations for screen printing. When I cut the design and select Paste on All Artboards, it pastes the design the correct amount of times...but NOT on the artboards. It pastes them out in the gray area. I have tried different artboard arrangements, and having different artboards active at the time of paste, but the designs still end up not on the artboards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not clear to me if artboards are of same size or different sizes. When we paste an art we take into account artwork’s relative position from the artwork where it was coped from. I have attached a gif to demonstrate my point. if you look at the second circle it is placed outside of other artboards due to relative position in its original artboard.
    Please contact support if it is not the case – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

9. Problems with text, bounding box, selections, scaling and more

Hello, I’ve been having a problem with Illustrator for now a week. The version I am working with is 22.1 and I am working on a MacBook Pro 15in 2017 with Sierra 10.13.5, Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB,

I noticed that the problem always starts showing up when I am working with text, especially when changing the tracking of the text. The problem shows up after usually a couple hours of work and it “resets” when restarting the application or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Color Themes panel becomes blank and unresponsive

The panel works as intended for a while, but after working for a while (20 min or so) -The Adobe Color Theme Panel becomes blank after trying to switch between "create" & "explore".

Closing and restarting Illustrator 2018 fixes this, but that become s big pain to have to keep closing and re-opening all your files just to use the color theme tools.

I'm not sure if it is caused by the webseach that happens with the "..." elipses dots, but sometimes it seems that it just doesn't find the color website and that is why it doesn't show anything.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

11. Intermittently, Illustrator does NOT save the file.

Intermittently, when I save a file (using Ctrl-S or File > Save), the existing file is NOT saved. This has caused me to lose work.

The Illustrator UI thinks that the file has been saved - the File > Save option is greyed out. When I look in the file's location on disk, the existing file shows an older file date and time; the last time it saved successfully. There is a new file with the expected date and time and the extension "t".

I can do a "Save As" which works. I can make some trivial changes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Illustrator is Changing the Colors Defined in My Swatches?

I am trying to create a color swatch library that mages the Pantone color manage applications values... But I am noticing when I define a specific swatch and then reopen it the values are different then what I orginially entered.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. illustrator 2018 crash

illustrator 2018 crashes when I try to make a pattern. I'm using a 2017 macbook pro.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unselctable and undo glitch

When I go to select a shape or text item sometimes the bounding box disappears. Even when I go to show bounding box (command + Shift + B) the issue isn't resolved. I don't do anything different and it seems to happen randomly. I have to restart illustrator to fix it but sometimes that doesn't.

Once the bounding box disappears I cannot track the type and if I move an item it goes back to its org place.

Additionally, when I hit undo rather than going back one action it will go back 4 or 5 actions. This only happens…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboard Tool button crashes Illustrator

I'm trying to put this in the "Illustrator Bugs" category, but the button I have to click says "Post idea". Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Every time I click the artboard button Illustrator crashes.

I'm using a 2017 iMac
    Illustrator version 22.0.1

I've been having the same problem since the last time I updated Illustrator (several months). Doing research in the trouble shooting forum leads me to believe this has been a problem since October 2017.

No one had posted a solution in the forum.

I spent a while on Adobe's website searching for the appropriate phone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Slow doing anything.

When I open the program, everything is going and moving fast, after awhile it gets really slow!
    I understand that it maybe after awhile the cache gets full and the program gets to operate slower but this is not the case here.
    With previous versions I didn't have to close and open the program in order for it to speed up. I would go for weeks not needing to close it. Right now in just couple of hours the program works from fast to being slow for no reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Character Panel doesn´t change fonts name

AI version: last one, 22.0.1
    I typed the same words in 10 different fonts (all Google fonts), and they all look different of course, but when selecting them a second time, the font shown in the Character panel was always the same. I closed Illustrator and then it worked for few minutes, then the same issue appeared again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

18. Scroll zoom not working

When I zoom in using alt + scroll down, the canvas jitters; it zooms out then in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. as if the shift key is stuck (all functions and operations)

After installing the new version, when in Illustrator, shift key has to be held down or things don't work. It's as if the shift key is pressed and I have to press it to release it, if you know what I mean. If I try to select a new tool and click it in the tool panel - nothing happens. If I hit the shift key and do the same again - works fine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Request to Contact Support  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bad precision of the mouse/cursor

I am using Illustrator CC2018 on a MAC OX Sierra.

There is a huge issue with the precision of the cursor. It is super shaky, keeps on appearing/disappearing. It's worst when you hit Alt, cmd, or space. I can't see the tools I am using, for example, the cursor is always black, even if I am using the white cursor ( "A" tool).
    This is really annoying, even more when I try to work with my Intuos pen and tablet... It is simply impossible.
    Am I the only one experiencing that ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base