Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. Major Font problem in Ai CC 2018

Adobe Illustrator 22.0 64-bit
    Windows 10 1703 (build 15063.632) 64-bit

Characters refuses to render, be it in an area frame or a single line. Can't work like that, returning to CC 2017 right now.
    I had a full page of text yesterday and now I have just the backgrounds. The text frame can be selected but the characters panel doesn't show any information regarding type weight or anything. Also, the Find Font dialog is broken.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Layers Window Twirl Down Icon Issue

I only know of this occurring on the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 for Windows 8.1. In the Layers Windows, there's a very slight graphical bug. A locked group within another locked group is expanded to show what it contains by pressing the sideways "V" shaped arrow to the group's left side. As expected, the arrow plays its animation of rotating into the downward "V" shape and expanding the group. However, when the locked group is compressed down again, the button to expand the group disappears and is unclickable until clicking off to another item in the Layers…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

3. Flickering Cursor

The cursor constantly flickers after I opened Illustrator 3 months ago, and I cannot type anything anywhere in my laptop. Before that, I could use this software normally. Really annoying, please fix it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Trackpad selection issue with High Sierra

When selecting objects or drawing with any of the tools, Illustrator is not recognizing the trackpad release, so objects remain selected and the only way to deselect them is to Command-tab out of the application. I was able to duplicate this problem on my laptop as well. Appears to be related to the trackpad because the same issue doesn't appear to happen when I use a standard mouse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not enough memory

Have issues with CC 2017 (latest version) not being able to action things as not enough memory. Seems to be that 2GB limit that Ai imposes as my system has 64GB installed with at least 40GB free to use. The programme is also incredibly slow with anything complex. I reinstalled CS6 version, and that works faultlessly and fast with the same files, with no hesitation at all! It's at least 20x times faster than current Ai. I'm on a powerful Mac Pro with Sierra 10.12.6 and an NVIDIA 4GB GTX 970 graphics card. I have disabled GPU use as it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. crash after windows update

Every time since I installed the latest windows update (KB5407453, KB4509096) that I try to open or create a new file adobe illustrator crashes. The crash report is attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From the looks of it it seems to be crashing with GPU. Here is what I can suggest
    1. TEST: Disable GPU from preference panel and then create a anew document to see if it still crashes
    2. FIX: Update GPU driver – each manufacturer will have a different way to get and install drivers. some help here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

3. IF NOTHING WORKS: Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is not clear on your post which version of Illustrator you are using.
    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Please do take a moment to review our support policy for removable and network media if you are using it: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

9. 3D effect not working

If i choose some options in the 3D effect window, illustrator crashes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Eyedropper doesn't sample placed bitmap right

When sampling color from placed bitmap image in illu, it samples different values the the values in the original file.

That way if I have a picture with dark black background and I want to place it on a larger canvas with text, I can't sample the black and create a larger vector shape as background. If I do sample it, the print will show a difference in color and will not be approved (or worse will be printed like that)

Support said I should open the file instead of placing it, but what should I do if I want…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can't open .dwg files all of a sudden

Ai CC 2019 - Can no longer open dwg files - the error is "unknown file format" the old work around used to be to save the .dwg & all xref's to a 2010 version and it would open. Super frustrating as this has occurred in the middle of a project. How to get the dwg's compatible again?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Info palette moves to monitor Measure Tool is used

The Info palette instantly jumps to the monitor that you use the Measure Tool on. If it's connected to all the other palettes on a secondary monitor, all of them instantly jump to the monitor where you are using the Measure Tool.

Like most people, I have my palettes on a secondary monitor and my main monitor has my document. So every single time I use the Measure Tool, my palettes jump over to the main monitor.

Please fix this so the Info palette stays where I put it when using the Measure Tool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't put objects exactly in the middle of another object

At first I thouht it was an alignment problem, then i looked up to help videos but none of them solves my problem. I want to put a figure for example a square, then I want to put another square to have the exact triangle of that square but it won't let me make another figure exactly in the middle, it always goes left or right but not center. Help please!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unoperational

I'm trying to use Illustrator CC and nothing in the program is responding, everything is greyed out. There is no indication from the program that anything is wrong with it. I have downloaded the latest update and this is the first time I have had such an issue with the program.

MacOS Mojave
    Memory 32Gb

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. color mix

Using Adobe Illustrator 23.0.1 CC 2019. My CMYK color 100-85-0-0 changes to 99.17-83.58-1.74-0.02. My document color mode is set to CMYK. How do I keep original l color mix?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No Adobe CC App is working properly since the update of Mac OS to Mojave and the update to 2019 Adobe CC has only made matter worst

What are we to do this is very frustrating that Adobe CC is not working properly. Have been trying to use it for 2 days. Even spent the entire evening online and on the phone with support. I gave 1 rep remote access to my Mac twice and he deleted several items and uninstalled the CC and reinstalled only to have it doing the same thing. Then had to call about Adobe Spark moments later because I was getting a 400 Bad Request. I am convinced something is wrong with Adobe and we are expected to deal with it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Start Screen/Blank Screen Persists

Every time I close an Adobe window, AI, PS, Acrobat, it leaves a "home screen" up. This is annoying in the extreme. I can uncheck show this screen in prefs, but then it just leaves a blank black slate up there. Equally annoying. When I close a document, I expect the app to not still be there in my way. Please fix this. We pay a bunch of money for access to these great tools of the trade, give us the ability to make them work like we prefer. Thank you. I am aware this is not technically a bug,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator randomly fails on select-paste

23.0.1 64-bit on Win 10 Xeon with GPU accel. Selection, copy paste text fails randomly. Copy seems to work but all paste options grayed out. Yet I can paste to NotePad and other apps. This has been going on for over a year. Have to double click or paste to another doc first. Please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. gradients dont appear when copying and pasting artwork from illustrator to indesign

gradients dont appear when copying and pasting artwork from illustrator to indesign in the newest update - it worked perfectly last week before the update

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Graduated tints apply to unselected objects

Graduated tints apply to unselected objects when I change the colour on the slider. Its really impeding my workflow - in fact its not possible to work with. If I'm working on a large scene, suddenly all of the grads are messed up.

I'm working on a late 2015 iMac running Mojave

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base