Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing
- 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3
- Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash
- I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas
- A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into the file.
- I've attached a pic of the empty frame along with the links panel
Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.
When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:
MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\
Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at email@example.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
this happends to me and it's horrible we need a response!!!
Leon Ruíz commented
happened to me, the solution I found was opening the images in photoshop and dragging the to illustrator. that fixed my problem. Hope this helps
this should not be closed. I've seen it mentioned in several other places throughout this forum. consolidating them to one suggestion would reflect the actual support for this issue. It happens to every image in a file that has been recovered. Having to go through a file that has a lot of different images that have been replaced with black boxes is extraordinarily time consuming, frustrating, and confusing. Especially since you embed images to avoid things like this in the first place...
Stacy Leagh commented
I am having the same issue.
I have this same issue. Made 10 brochures with images pasted throughout. Then I moved those images from the location on my computer where they were originally. When I tried to open brochures again, a message displayed saying the links for files could not be found and all the pictures were blank space.
Bryce Johns commented
Just started having this issue with the AI CC 2019, along with more frequent crashes.
Jayse Hansen commented
I just had this happen with hundreds of images. WTF? In my case they are all black - not sure if it's the same thing - but the end result is having to relink hundreds of files. And they are not named so it's basically starting over from scratch. Previous versions of the same file all have the issue as well. What is going on?
Stuart Athay commented
This has been happening on and off since CS6
I had the problem of the images disappearing when I embedded them. The way I worked around it was opening the photo in photoshop and then dragging the image into illustrator and that seemed to work. Try that.