Locked background objects unlocking/moving when using lasso selection tool
When I select using the LASSO tool, on screen shows the correct points have been selected, but when I then try to move just these selected points, Illustrator also moves the LOCKED background objects underneath. This error does not happen when I select using other tools. This is clearly a bug!
I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.
Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.
You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html
Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!
First day using 2021 and I ran into this bug immediately. Screen recording attached.
• Lasso is the only selection tool affected
• In the video, I'm moving with nudge (arrow keys) but moving with Selection or Direct Selection tools also affected
• Quick Lasso selections will randomly highlight/select locked paths/shapes
• Happens regardless of stroke/fill combinations
• Lasso selections that overlap unlocked and locked artwork will move the entire locked artwork, not just overlapped points
Will CC to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hm. Can you please isolate these objects in a separate file, record a video and send all of this to email@example.com with a brief annotation to investigate?