Click and drag object fails periodically on opening an existing file
Currently using Illustrator v24.3
Issue is the selection tools won't move objects by clicking and dragging. They can still:
- Highlight and select objects
- Selected objects can be moved by clicking their center point
- Selected objects WILL move when using the arrow keys
- The bounding box can be scaled and rotated without issue
- Individual anchors CAN be moved by the Direct Selection Tool
- Multiple selected anchors CANNOT.
Object Selection by Path Only is not turned on, and I've hit the escape key a bunch to be sure that some hidden prompt isn't interfering with anything.
The only solution I've found is to quit out of the program and restart it.