Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Increase size of anchor points / handles

Anchor points and handles are hard to grab.
    On denser displays the problem is amplified.
    Hard to grab using stylus.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Constrain (shift key) doesn't work with Smart Guides turned on

When smart guides are on none of the constrain features (holding down shift) work properly, whether it's rotating, reflecting, etc. It just sort of jumps back to one position, often the original position, and won't move. The little magenta text that lets you know the angle etc. also goes a little crazy and looks like it's trying to display a few different words on top of each other.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Direct Selection tool does not work on text anchors....

For some reason I can no longer select text by anchor using the direct selection tool. If I use the Regular selection tool it acts as it did before the update but the direct selection tool does not.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

4. Zoom with Alt+wheel is way too sensitive in new v27.3 to the point of being unusable

This has just started with the new update to v27.3 using the Alt and the scroll wheel now causes intermittent massive jumps in zoom. Updated all my Logitech software. Running latest everything so reverting to 27.2 as this makes Illustrator unusable. How on earth did this get through any sort of testing?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Blob Brush leaves temporary marks

When I'm moving around the cursor, without pressing any buttons, and have the Blob Brush tool selected I get these marks. They disappear if I switch to the selection tool.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

6. Brush Pressure exceeds set size/variation

When drawing with the brush in CC 2018, the brush size of the stroke can exceed the set size and variation. For instance, If I have a brush size of 3 and variation 3, when drawing pressing very hard, the stroke size will go above 3 pts. in CC 2017 the brush stroke was limited to brush size.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Locked background objects unlocking/moving when using lasso selection tool

When I select using the LASSO tool, on screen shows the correct points have been selected, but when I then try to move just these selected points, Illustrator also moves the LOCKED background objects underneath. This error does not happen when I select using other tools. This is clearly a bug!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

9. Rotate Tool flickering objects under transform

1. 22.0.1 (OSX 10.13.1)
    2. Drawing some element (dosen't matter what), selecting the rotate-tool, trying to rotate the element while holding shift.
    3. being able to rotate in fixed angles.
    4. flickering element, no control over rotation (see video)
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

10. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

11. 'Use Preview Bounds' works wrong with 'Stroke Inside' for Compound Path

If you set set stroke's alignment to inside and check 'Use Preview Bounds' (image 1), AI will draw bounding box (and calculate dimensions) where the stroke would be visible with no alignment (image 2). This is not how it's expected to behave. Th box should wrap the shape.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. Illustrator v24.0 on macOS 10.15.1: rotate-panel has changed to the bad side

The rotate-tool had the numeric angle-input activated till v23. now in v24, this field has to be selected manually, which costs me a lot of time. Please change this back. To me this bad for efficiency.

My workflow before:
    - select path
    - press command-R
    - enter angle
    - press enter
    I can do this blind and very fast.

My workflow now means to manually select the field for entering the rotating angle, which is very annoying ! It takes much more time to do this now.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stroke size goes nuts under 1pt sizes

When drawing a regular line with pen tool and changing the size of the stroke to less than 1pt, it automatically switches to sizes higher than 1pt.
    For example, if I want my stroke to be 0.5 pt, and if I select it in a dropdown menu, it will automatically turn into 5pt stroke and that will also be applied on the line. Same thing when entering the value manually with the keyboard - entering 0.5 will automatically convert into 5 and change the stroke to be thicker instead of making it thinner. This only started happening in the newest…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

14. Free transform tool is still broken.

Free transform tool is still broken in CC 2018.

Look at the comparison.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

15. Free Transform Tool hidden under Puppet Warp in toolbar

Illustrator CC 2018 22.1.0

The Free Transform Tool is no hidden under the Puppet Wrap Tool. The Free Transform Tool should be the default tool. The Puppet Transform Tool should be the one which is hidden.

In a typical day we use the Free Transform Tool quite frequently, while we almost never use the Puppet Wrap Tool. I do not speak for everyone, but only for our design studio and in my personal experience.

Before someone posts something about keeping the bounding box visible, please be aware that to remove as much useless clutter from our drawings while editing an…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AI 23.0 crashes when drag-copying simple objects when yo have HotDoor's CADtools installed

Since I installed version 23.0 it frequently and repeatably crashes when drag-copying even the simplest objects. In the latest example it was a line segment -- two connected vertices. After recovering, I rebuilt the objects and tried again -- same result. This is such a basic operation that I do it without thinking -- having it cause an instant crash is very debilitating to my workflow.

MacOS 10.12.6
    iMac Retina 5K 27in Late 2015
    4GHz Core i7
    32GB RAM

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This bug has been fixed with AI version 23.0.2 & fix has been verified from Brendon (Hotdoor).

Please update AI to latest version 23.0.4 (MAC) & 23.0.3 (WIN).

Please do let us know if it is still reproducible at email id:
    sharewithaaiATTHERATEadobeDOTcom

For the crash during image crop you need to start a new thread as it is different from the crash described in this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

17. Unwanted automatic grouping of compound paths with blob brush tool

When I draw too close to an existing path/compound path with the blob brush, it automatically groups the two (SEPERATE!) path together.
    It is "solved" if I check "merge only with selection" but that is not a real fix.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/unwanted-grouping/m-p/12309007#M286929 see this thread for more on this issue.

On MacBook Air M1, newest update, using wacom tablet. It did not ever happen before.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Shift + clicking anchor point with Delete Anchor Point tool doesn't retain curve shape

24.1.1 on Windows 10 and Mac Mojave

In CC 2020, Shift + clicking an anchor point with the Delete Anchor Point tool is supposed to work like the Simplify Path tool -- the shape of the curve shouldn't change. But even on a path with redundant anchors, this new shortcut doesn't work. The curve changes shape as in previous versions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can't see anchor point and handles of paths after breaking link to symbol.

1. Version 21.1.0
    2. Draw the circle or any other simple shape, convert it to symbol then break link to symbol. Choose Direct selection tool and click on any anchor point. As result you will not see the handles of any point. The handles are shown only in isolation mode or outline mode but not in basic prewiew mode.
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

20. BUG - Offset path preview remains in artwork even after cancel or tick off preview

Hi. Since Illustrator 23 I have a very strange bug in the preview of offset path. When I select a shape and select offset path I get the dialog. In the dialog I can set the variables. if I then click ok all is well. But if I check preview I can see what the values I entered will do. So far so good. But then something strange happens. If I change a value I see the result in a preview, but I also see the first preview. The result is even added to the last preview path. And i…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base