Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

731 results found

1. Paint Brush and Blob Brush Sizing Issues

There is annoying sizing issues with Paint Brush and Blob Brush.

1- Whenever i resize the paint brush tool, and then use the blob brush tool, ( which takes the same size as the paint brush ), then switch back to paint brush, the size of the paint brush reset to the default, although New art has basic appearance option is not active in the appearance panel.

here is a video for better understanding.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CZEh224Lc

2-when i use the paint brush tool with it's default settings, it draws with 1 pt stroke weight ( although in the brush panel it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ferramenta caneta

No meu illustrator CC 2018, eu estava tentando ligar uma ponta da caneta a uma ponta de um quadrado, mas não consigo colocar a ponta exatamente na ponta do quadrado

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. brush pressure issue

so, i recently just bought this new tablet (GAOMON M106K), so i could make some drawings but when i started to use it with the pressure it randomly puts off these dot like ends for the lines. This is really getting me frustrated because i cant find anyone who has this problem, it inst the pen or tablet either because i have tried it on different software and its perfect. If anyone could get back to me that would be great

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Thick Stroke and Spikes

Windows 10 HP; Adobe Illustrator CC;
    1st Problem: Thick Stroke
    Everytime I make an outline, its a huge stroke when it only says its suppose to be 1 pt. I don't know if I messed with the settings or something but can someone please tell me how to fix it.
    2nd problem: I'm trying to make watercolor background and when I try to add a gradient to my brush strokes it completely ruins the stroke and freezes the program! Please help! I don't know anything about computers so I'm such a beginner!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for trying out Illustrator for your artistic creations. Everyone is a beginner when they start I am sure spending time on the product shall make you an expect in next few years. If there is anything we can help you speed up please do not hesitate to exercise to option to call up support or use our forums forums.adobe.com to engage with peer artists.

RESOLVED: As Egor mentioned please adjust your zoom level, 1 pt will look bug at 6400% zoom. Look for zoom drop down at bottom left of your screen.

CAN NOT REPRODUCE: We could not recreate the issue where gradient freezes the application. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to…

5. Live shape missing radius

When creating a shape, then deleting an anchor point, the remaining anchor point does not have radius transforming options available.

See screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Circle size change when rotating

When I rotate a perfect circle, the size changes up to .004”. A 15”x15” circle, when rotated 17.184° becomes a 15.004”x15.004” circle. I know it may sound trivial, but I’m creating technical drawings that have to be accurate to the ten thousandths of an inch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Blob brush describes a path, not a form

Recently, when I use blob brush with my wacom one, it describes a path, not a form. If I use the mouse, blob brush works well. I do not know how can I solve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Eraser not making consecutive strokes

For a while now th eraser is not working properly and it's bugging the **** out of me, it's one of the main tools I use when drawing. Both with a pen and a mouse, both when zoomed in and out - it works for one or two strokes, then after that just won't erase anything until either I deselect/select the object or hit undo. Then it will work for one or two paths again and then I have to repeat the same step. The erasing box - alt and drag while the eraser tool is selected, works always, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1 ME cannot change stroke weight to 0.25 - 0.5 - 0.75 chosing from relevan panel

If I chose from stroke panel 0.25 or 0.5 or 0.75 stroke weight, then I obtain 25 or 5 or 75 stroke weight line!!
    If I manually type on relevant fileld box 0,25 or 0,5 or 0,75 then I got correctly weight line. The problem may be that Illustrator ME doesn't recognize full stop "." but comma "," only. How can i fix this issue? Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. creating a simple box crashes the software

More often than not when I go to create a simple box Illustrator crashes forcing me to FORCE QUIT the software and try again.

Very time consuming and needless..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator-specific MS Surface Wheel options have disappeared

Arrange, artboard and other illustrator Surface Wheel tool shortcuts have disappeared, and have been replaced with the OS standard ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. blend line "profile" interpolation not working

I was trying out the new quick tip that was posted on youtube for "linocut" blend lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyE91-D-KI

I was trying to blend between a variety of line types and follow along with the demo and noticed that my up-to-date copy of illustrator is not doing any tip interpolation.

I downloaded the demo file from the video page and the tip blending works, but in the photo I provide shows my attempt to blend on the right and the tips are square.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Following is the result of investigation:
    This issue happens with blends created when stroke with flat edge is applied to one path then later variable width profile is changed.

Workaround: Select the blend object, Release the blend, change path’s Variable width profile to Uniform, and then apply desired Variable width profile again, Now try apply Blend.

13. Isolation mode only works for a sub-group when double-clicked, option greyed out on right-click dropdown

I have the latest version of CC. I have a simple group containing a filled path and a more complex sub-group of objects. I can right-click the whole group and isolate it from the rest of the document by selecting "Isolate Selected Group" from the right-click dropdown, but when I try to further isolate the more complex group inside, the option on the right-click dropdown is greyed out.

Typically I prefer to have the "Double Click to Isolate" deselected from the General Preferences because I often mistakenly enter Isolation Mode when I don't want to be because I've accidentally double-clicked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tools all become 'locked' requiring reboot (of Illustrator, not OS)

Windows 10, March 2018 Illustrator (latest).

This has happened maybe five or six times now, I think only since the latest update, apparently random occurrence (or I can't spot a common theme). Working on an unlocked layer, all drawing tools get a 'not available' symbol next to them. Can select objects in the layers panel but nowhere else. The only fix is to restart Illustrator - just closing and reopening the document (or indeed another document) does not unlock the tools.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When corner radius is set to 0px, it reverses to 3px

I have a rectangle, with 3px rounded corners. But when I try to set it to 0px for one specific corner, it is reverted to 3px (not in the input field, only on the look of the rectangle).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inaccurate paths

Good day

Before the big update back in 2017, Illustrator's paths were very accurate in terms of using pathfinder tools and intense zooming in. I'm not sure what the new updates were, but it's frustrating.

Attached are screenshots of what I'm talking about. I punched 2 objects (namely black colour and green colour), using the exact same ellipse that I copied and pasted in front. I used to do this all the time, but with better results. Now it's as if it purposely goes out of the accuracy it once had. I'm zoomed in all the way with these screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drag, alt, and resizing are all working incorrectly & create new non-existent objects

Items I select and resize seem to adjust from arbitrary points that appear, unrelated to the shape of the geometry. Attached, is a screenshot where I changed the scale of the blue diamond. The other green selected box doesn't actually exist, but is now included in the geometry of the original. If you group an object which has one of these phantoms, it will stay in the group indefinitely. Additionally, the alt-drag feature creates many duplicates. If you're scaling using the alt-command, it will work for a second and then start duplicating.

I am on Illustrator 22.1,
    Mac OSX High…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Illustrator CC (multiple versions) stroke alignment error when rectangle is set to a certain size

I have tried this across multiple computers that have Illustrator CC at different updates (mine is 21.1.0) & get the same result every time.

If you create a rectangle that is at least 48" w x 120" h, set the stroke to 0.25pt, no fill, align the stroke to the inside and the review the bottom left corner an error appears. The bottom part of the path tapers from the correct thickness to no thickness from right to left. It seems to go away if you make the stroke slightly thicker or if you make the rectangle smaller. Not sure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base